WRX vs. Rx-8 vs. RSX-S ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Rx-8 vs. RSX-S ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Both cars from a roll would be a very good match for a stock wrx. The gearing in both cars, ...

Both cars from a roll would be a very good match for a stock wrx. The gearing in both cars, as well as weight advantage, as well as the fact that they are fwd and rwd would own the wrx after 60 mph. Thats why you need a mod or two .
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    Both cars from a roll would be a very good match for a stock wrx. The gearing in both cars, as well as weight advantage, as well as the fact that they are fwd and rwd would own the wrx after 60 mph. Thats why you need a mod or two .
    or maybe three...

hell, why not make it four
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

RSX type S's are good cars for modding up, the RX8's are a joke. I had just a few mods and I blew the doors off of an rx8 from a stop. I pulled the whole way to 65, then let off. I've driven a couple 2003 rsx type S's and they felt kinda slugish. I wasn't very happy about it, being that I had my gsr integra at the time. I might be driving an rsx today if they were more performance oriented. Now its to most acuras and mazdas.

I'm still a big fan of the gsr/type r integras, and rx7's.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty

I'm still a big fan of the gsr/type r integras, and rx7's.

I had a decently modded GSR and I dont think they are as great as people make them... the car handled great and had a nice motor but the interior sucks, its was horrible in snow, and had tons of rattles and such... ofcourse it was older (95) but still...... I do like the TypeR much better though, that car is much more amazing for some reason. IMO the Prelude was a better buy than the GSR.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Thanks for the info. the reason I was wondering is because one of my friends has an Rx-8 and another has a GSR integra that will flat out fly. It wouldn't really bother me but I wouldn't want either of them to murder me from a 40 roll which is were we mostly race from. My friends 96 GSR will run the Rx-8 to withen a bumber from a roll, but about a week ago He beat a newer gsr with an intake by an unbelievable distance. He only has intake, exhaust, gutted cat, and headers but his car is unbelievable fast. All I really wanted to know is if they would just kill an 02 wrx from 40 because I am planning on buying one soon.

RX-8 is teh weaksauce

rx-8 on a roll

the rx-8 would probably loose to alota cars from a roll mainly because the rotory has horrible torque. i'd rather have turbo lag then just plain lag from the rotory. the only way a rx-8 would have a chance against the wrx is if they dropped the clutch a 9g's otherwise it would take forever to take off.

THe rx-8 is reved pretty good at 40 mph in 2nd. I have drove a 02 wrx 5spd and it feels like the car is a rocket in 1st and 2nd but then you hit third and it is like you're on the brakes. Is this just because of the tranny or what. Also the wrx feels like it is pulling the hardest around 5 grand but redlines at 7 why is that. I am going to get my friend in the gsr to run a wrx some time then we will know for sure what would happen.

I have not race a stock rx-8 but i have raced a rsx-s from a 40mph roll. I had about half a car or a little more the whole time.

is your car stock?

Yeah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12