My STi vs. .... Bentley Continental GT :yelp:

This is a discussion on My STi vs. .... Bentley Continental GT :yelp: within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok… this is an honest post, no lies. I was driving yesterday to visit my best friend in the hospital ...

My STi vs. .... Bentley Continental GT :yelp:

Ok… this is an honest post, no lies.
    I was driving yesterday to visit my best friend in the hospital at the University of Pennsylvania. We had been best friends since I was 13 (10 years now) and it was a really ****ty day because basically I was heading to the hospital to see him one last time because of the horrible condition his body is in.
    Cruising on 95 I was not in the greatest mood, but when I saw a car coming up fast on me I quickly livened up if only just for a little bit. Well the car turned out to be a brand new, Bentley Continental GT in sliver with dark tint, and a temp tag on the back. He got behind me, got nice and close to my bumper then threw it around me, I got very excited to see how I could do trying to hang with him so I dumped it to 4th and put the peddle down. Shifting was very quick, but to my surprise he was not pulling on me… not pulling at all. In fact it seemed that the moment I hit 6th I had actually closed the gap on us by about 1/2 length from 2 lengths. The race went from about 60mph to 120mph… so it really wasn’t that much of a race. I know it maybe only lasted about 20 seconds, but I was amazed at how well my STi did.
    I know many will call BS… hell I would if I didn’t experience it at first hand. I mainly just wanted to share my experience with everyone and maybe get some input. I looked up the specs of the car and saw a ¼ of 12.9… and a hell of a lot of power.
    Maybe because his car wasn’t fully broken in yet I was able to hang? Maybe there is a slower version? I really don’t know how it happened… but it did, and I am sure he was annoyed with his 150K car.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow, I just read another kill of a bentley GT a few posts below mine.

It could be the exact same car. lol. Now I feel better about getting some people to maybe believe me.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

well.. are you sure the guy was racing you or just driving spirtly... if i still had the temp tags in a bently gt i wouldnt even try to race you so the engine can be properly broken in. ne ways you would beat him in a lot of areas they are piggy.

Bentley quotes a 198-mph top speed and 4.7 sec. to 60 around 5500lbs

Power: 551 bhp @6100 rpm
    Torque: 480 lb-ft @1600 rpm
    awd so expect high drive-train loss a stage 2 would keep up for about 1/8th mile and would get eaten alive for the 1/4 anything more might have a fighting chance at it on the 1/4 like most higher cylinder cars it will eat any subaru on the top end unless you have put over 10k in mods. 198mph is very fast.
    Last edited by GIRex; 01-18-2005 at 01:48 PM.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

iv herd of a lot of guys beating the GTs. Is your STi modded? My friend beat one with a stage 4 wrx.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's beginning to sound like the specs on the BC GT might be overrated.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

thats crank hp.. no i would beleive a twin turbo v8 is definatly making that much power
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

I Support ClubWRX
    So would I, except we now have 1 kill from a low-roll, and one from from a high-roll. Both were very close, so maybe the owners just weren't getting on it. Only time will tell.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Wow. I raced one from a stop and by the end of 3rd gear he was on my ass and pulling.

I have a version 7 motor and am slightly faster than the couple USDM sti's I've raced.
    - Capt Crunch

My guess is the guy was not going flat out......that is not to say that he didn't mean to. I don't think the type of person that buys a GT is really the kind of person that knows much about racing and breaking in an engine properly. My guess is did not know how to drive the car that well, and if he could have gone flat out, he would have. Are those manual or auto trans? I don't know much about them, but I have seen one, parked in Manhatten in the East Village.

-j
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

there seems to be an awful lot of these GTs around. Since when are Bentlys so common?

They are becoming popular here. There's two GTs in my city alone that I've seen. A silver one and a black one. I saw them both at different times when I went to a local McDonalds. But I don't think I would try to race one.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the day that my WRX can beat a Bentey Continental GT. My buddies dad has one. Right now he's looking at a Aston Martin DB9.
    2005 CGM STi

fre
    Most interesting...this means I should be able to take one. I saw one on the dyno I use and it was putting down 360whp on the dyno dynamics (they are awd vehicles). I put down 305whp on the same dyno for reference. Stock stis put down around 210-220 on this dyno. Oh and I saw a lambo Gallardo on this dyno put down 340whp. Drivetrain loss must get greater as power increases or something, because that lambo is rated at 500hp.
    Last edited by fre; 01-27-2005 at 10:06 PM.
    11.1 @ 131