Blown Stang vs. Sti in MD, anyone here?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Blown Stang vs. Sti in MD, anyone here? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I took my blown mustang out yesterday, and got in a tangle with a blue Sti on Rt 175E in ...

Blown Stang vs. Sti in MD, anyone here?

I took my blown mustang out yesterday, and got in a tangle with a blue Sti on Rt 175E in MD (near Columbia). Just wondering if it was anyone here. If so, don't feel bad -I have a wrx and an evo, and I'm a big fan of the the 4cyl/turbo/AWD platform. The stang you raced has 455 rwhp (the blower whine should have warned you), weighs 3200lb and ran 11.6 at 123 last time at the track.

About the race (for the rest of you). I was waiting alone at a redlight, when this blue Sti pulled up to me in the next lane. I wasn't sure he if he was going to go for it, until he started reving just before the green. Light turns green and we both react at about the same time. Because of traction, I pretty much have no choice but to launch off idle. So he initially jumped out about a car length ahead. I reeled him in and got even with him in the middle of 2nd gear (about 45-50 mph). In third gear, it got really ugly and I pulled at least 6-8 carlengths on him. I let off there, thinking that he gave up. Instead I get a fly-by (he must have taken it up to triple digit speeds after that). I just coasted, hoping to catch him at the next light, but he either made the green or turned off.

From the flyby, I felt like he was kind of a poor sport. Props to the Sti though. It really bolted off the line -even chirped the tires (something I can't do with my Evo).
    Last edited by TonyG; 01-17-2005 at 10:46 PM. Reason: (spelling/grammar)
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i think u raped him dry, that's why he did the flyby, cause it hurts so bad..
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

I thought the race was the first to 60'ft. He just kicked ur arse man!
    Sorry to tell you this, but your stang lost. No one on this forum races past 60ft, maybe the occasional 1/8 mile (I might give you the win there, since I'm a nice guy and all)
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

haha nice race, and a very nice stable of cars you have there

staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Nice job Tony. Ill have to get down there with the Roush when the weather gets better.
    Youre one evo on me but im one '04 E.B. expedition on you
    Do you flip a coin to decide what car to drive to work

rpfride: I usually drive the Evo to work; better gas mileage, quieter, and easier to drive. Wife drives the WRX (auto). I could drive the stang everyday, but I try to save the wear/tear on expensive aftermarket parts for more meaningful tasks (i.e. the track -usually Cecil County).

Asian: 60 ft wouldn't be a problem either if I had drag radials instead of bald Yokohamas. Believe me, I've done the comparisons already (launching the evo vs. launching the stang w/ DRs on the street). I've beaten plenty of "muscle-car" V-8's with my Evo at redlights, but 455rwhp is just a little too much to ask. However, a few sharp curves and a wet road changes the story quickly.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.