Awesome Kill!!! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Awesome Kill!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, the 3rd gen RX-7 will out handle the NSX and the skyline RX-7s are awsome if they are modded/tuned ...

Well, the 3rd gen RX-7 will out handle the NSX and the skyline

RX-7s are awsome if they are modded/tuned correctly, But when people that don't know **** get their hands on them, well that is what gives them a bad name.

A 20B is limited to ~1200RWHP and 8K RPMS with just a little porting, the problem is that the e-shaft likes to flex.

1200RWHP might not sound like much, but that is with a nice flat & fat torque curve..

BTW My friend and i are building a 20B FC RX-7, it is already running. Should be street ready this weekend

-Zach

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by SobeWRX
    " on a side note i dont know y every one is always on about the skyline....dont get me wrong its a super car but not the most moddable"

moddability was the basis for your dissing the skyline yet the nsx is the worst for modability of the 4.

You speak alot more oppinion than then you do truth.
    what is that some kind of joke.....the only car that can be modded to be faster and if not out handel be damn close to it would be the rx7....if you got the money to mod the nsx properly make no mistake the skyline will go down....not saying it isnt a great car but just isnt as great a car.

i speak truth because thats all that interestest me...go read up on the supra, rx7, skyline, and nsx and you will see that in stock form the nsx is #1 the rx7 is #2 the supra is #3 and the skyline is #4....now when you take madability into acount the list stays the same its just the the rx7 trades places with the nsx.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Originally posted by Verdugo

That's my whole point. "Top performing car" in what? I'd like to see an NSX beat the R33 Skyline's stock lap time at Nurburing, let alone the Blitz Skyline's modded lap time. As for comparing to the stock JDM versions, be real. All the manufacturers voluntarily agreed to set stock limits at 280 hp up until about a year and a half ago, so your comparison is flawed because they WERE more restricted there as far as stock performance goes.

Your "truth" is flawed too. Check out these websites. Wait, let me guess, all these times were done by crappy drivers?

http://www.phathonda.com/times/
    http://members.tripod.com/~SoRelm/index-2.html
    http://www.g-speed.com/pbh/fastest/n...aspirated.html

I see mid-high 13s, not high 12s.
    I am REALLY getting tired of laying the smack down on you.
    ok and i can show u a bunch of sites where they do run low 13's and high 12's with optimal conditions so whats your point? look im talking form personal experience and i have seen a stock nsx run low 13's (he usualy runs 13.3-13.1) and i know the car is stock because the guy lives 4 blocks from me and i have seen many videos of him running his car at english town nj.

go on your the one getting busted everytime because i prove everything you say wrong.
    Last edited by RSXracer200 #2; 09-14-2002 at 01:46 AM.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Originally posted by zyounker
    Well, the 3rd gen RX-7 will out handle the NSX and the skyline

RX-7s are awsome if they are modded/tuned correctly, But when people that don't know **** get their hands on them, well that is what gives them a bad name.

A 20B is limited to ~1200RWHP and 8K RPMS with just a little porting, the problem is that the e-shaft likes to flex.

1200RWHP might not sound like much, but that is with a nice flat & fat torque curve..

BTW My friend and i are building a 20B FC RX-7, it is already running. Should be street ready this weekend

-Zach
    man i love rotary....mazda is the **** in my book, rotary it the top sports car engine architecture. that is going to be one sick mother when it hits the streets. one question though, y are you building a FC and not a FD they look soooooo hot. i think they are the best looking japanese cars every made....and when modded to the extreme they out do all its japanese competitors in every way when they are modded to the extreme.

i ****ing love the FD, what a perfect car.....have you seen the spy pics of the new 7? its going to be another 2 door two seater no noncence sports car. it looks like a modernised 3rd gen. it supposed to be going into production into 2004 and is either going to be a tri-rotor all motor or a twin turbo version of the renesis in the rx8.....right now this is all speculation and hear-say but the spy pics look very promising
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by RSXracer200 #2
    Yeah, that's what I thought, I owned you again.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX

what is that some kind of joke.....the only car that can be modded to be faster and if not out handel be damn close to it would be the rx7....if you got the money to mod the nsx properly make no mistake the skyline will go down....not saying it isnt a great car but just isnt as great a car.

i speak truth because thats all that interestest me...go read up on the supra, rx7, skyline, and nsx and you will see that in stock form the nsx is #1 the rx7 is #2 the supra is #3 and the skyline is #4....now when you take madability into acount the list stays the same its just the the rx7 trades places with the nsx.
    That's pretty good. You know, if the NSX was so easy to mod, wouldn't we see most every one of them being modded, just like you pretty much can't find a stock Supra these days?

Put down the crack pipe, and take a deep breath, you can still be saved.
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

HA...I'm right behind you V!
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

That's pretty good. You know, if the NSX was so easy to mod, wouldn't we see most every one of them being modded, just like you pretty much can't find a stock Supra these days?

heh hey friend i dont know if you've noticed but not many people can afford a nsx....and almost all the ones that can dont mod them realy because they find the car quick enough as it is.

yup your ganna tell me a fat pig like a supra can out do the nsx even when the nsx has the bigger motor....also V motors can be bored out more then inlines so the nsx will always have more displacement and will also be faster.....i always thought some of you wrx guys were dillusional and didnt seem like the sharpest knives in the drawer but you take the cake.
    Last edited by wrxinthehouse; 10-02-2002 at 01:42 PM.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

heh hey ****....
    Unless Verdugo's name changed from Armin to Richard and you're using his nickname - WATCH THE LANGUAGE.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX

heh hey **** i dont know if you've noticed but not many people can afford a nsx....and almost all the ones that can dont mod them realy because they find the car quick enough as it is.

yup your ganna tell me a fat pig like a supra can out do the nsx even when the nsx has the bigger motor....also V motors can be bored out more then inlines so the nsx will always have more displacement and will also be faster.....i always thought some of you wrx guys were dillusional and didnt seem like the sharpest knives in the drawer but you take the cake.
    Resorting to calling me names to try to make you look smarter? I'd rather be called a "****" than be called an "idiot" by everyone on every forum I visit.

Ummm ok...so the people who can afford Skylines over here in the states don't mod them? And Supras aren't very cheap either these days. And don't even let me bring up domestics...there's a ton of people who buy C5s, Z06s, and even Vipers who mod their cars, and they're up in price range with your precious NSX.

Bigger motor means nothing. Being a huge NSX fan, you should know that it's still a 6-cylinder car...if a bigger engine and more displacement will always make it faster, there's a ton of 8/10/12 cylinder cars that should eat up the NSX according to what you say.

Bottom line...show me a dynos, videos, anything of 800-1000+ hp NSXs and maybe, just MAYBE we can talk about power numbers.

Oh, and you never responded to my 1/4 mile times post. Nothing to say?

The ownage is enormous, there is no escape.

The FD is played out. everyone once one. and after F&F i sold my FD and put a 13BT into my 84 Rx7. It has a haltech and T04E, i am expecting to get ~400RWHP and the car was ~2500Lbs..

Besides the FD does not take well to 20B swaps, too many compremises if you do it in an FD..

And the NSX is tuned in Japan, but in the US it is not. It is just a car for balding middle age white men

-Zach

man i love rotary....mazda is the **** in my book, rotary it the top sports car engine architecture. that is going to be one sick other when it hits the streets. one question though, y are you building a FC and not a FD they look soooooo hot. i think they are the best looking japanese cars every made....and when modded to the extreme they out do all its japanese competitors in every way when they are modded to the extreme.

i ****ing love the FD, what a perfect car.....have you seen the spy pics of the new 7? its going to be another 2 door two seater no noncence sports car. it looks like a modernised 3rd gen. it supposed to be going into production into 2004 and is either going to be a tri-rotor all motor or a twin turbo version of the renesis in the rx8.....right now this is all speculation and hear-say but the spy pics look very promising

exactly what im saying....almost no1 buys a nsx to mod it, in the end the nsx ****s on the skyline and to tell you the truth i dont think the nsx is japans top car and it sure as hell aint the skyline....that honor goes to the 3rd gen rx7.

how come you think the 3rd gen is played? they are so rare i dont see how they can ever get played out....i think they are the hottest looking cars japan ever made and they can be made faster then any other japanese sports car can. the poser image car would be the supra, the rx7 is left for the real tuners.
    iiiiiiiim baaaaaaack!

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    exactly what im saying....almost no1 buys a nsx to mod it, in the end the nsx ****s on the skyline and to tell you the truth i dont think the nsx is japans top car and it sure as hell aint the skyline....that honor goes to the 3rd gen rx7.
    Ok, so now it's not #1 anymore...at least you admitted that much.

But c'mon...Zach is right, the NSX is indeed tuned in Japan. They get the NSX Type R over there. However, your logic is still flawed. You're saying that it's good enough in its stock form that people don't buy it to mod it? Didn't you say before that it's the easiest one to mod? So why the hell would you buy a car that's easy to mod, but not mod it??? People do that with other Hondas because it's either a family car, economy car, SUV, or luxury car. You're totally contradicting yourself (again) now.

I think I figured it out. I can't just shut up and ignore your idiotic responses because it's just too much fun to own you over and over and over and over again.

Let me add again that you STILL have not shown any evidence on how the NSX "****s on the Skyline," or even a Supra. Opinion does NOT equal truth.

Either way, I'd take AWD over RWD any day. If it's a question of all out drag racing, sure, RWD is standard, but you're not going to keep up with an AWD car where it counts: on the twisties!

Besides, it's 50% driver, 50% car.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

I definately think an FD3S would own a MKIV Supra, Skyline or an NSX. Look at all the "Time Trial" races in Japan. It's basically like an Auto-X. The modified FD's, and FC's kill everything over there. C-West has an FD3S that only makes 480HP and it was beating the 600+HP R.34's that were competing at a recent road race @ Motegi. I don't really like the new Skylines (R.33-R.34) that much, too much hype about them. They are too big and heavy. Sure they're quick in the 1/4mile, but nothing special about them. I actually believe the R.32 was the best Skyline produced.

The Supra is just a pig of a car. It's not even that great for 1/4mile drag races, it's more geared for highway pulls. The NSX is pretty well rounded, but could use more power. If you had a Supercharged NSX Type-R it would actually compete pretty well with a modded RX-7 on a road course.
    Last edited by BozzWRX; 10-02-2002 at 01:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.