17 year old in a auto 350z challenges me
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 17 year old in a auto 350z challenges me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So a friend of a friend just gets a 350z from his parents for a present because 'he was tired ...

17 year old in a auto 350z challenges me

So a friend of a friend just gets a 350z from his parents for a present because 'he was tired of his V8 grand cherokee'. He starts talking about how amazing of a driver he is so I decide to challenge him to a race, from a stop. I am pretty confident that even completely stock, I could beat this kid to 60 or 80 in my stock 04. He is automatic, has only had his liscence for about 6 months, and isnt used to his car. What do you think..do I have a chance??
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Lol

Ya man.. 1ts of all go Smack his parents for buying a 17 year old a 350z.. 2cnd smack him for getting a Auto . With a decent launch you should whip him.

two words.....hell yea!

Because he is auto you should not have much trouble. As long as you get a halfway decent launch you should be able to keep a car or so of distance between you two. Dont get to overconfident though, he is still capable of running mid 14's and with his auto he will be quite consistant. I decently driven wrx is good for mid 14's, but a well driven one is good for low 14's. So pretty much you should be able to hold him off by a car or so, but dont mess up because he will right on your ass.
    from a roll, forget about it. You will be toast.

Why in the world would you buy an auto 350z
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    17 years old in an auto 350Z...?

Spank him then............. spank him!

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

well first of all, this kid doesnt know anything about cars....he thinks that simply because I am a 4cyl and he is a 6cyl then he has it in the bag. Second of all, I probably wont run him simply because he is 17 and from what I hear, pretty crazy behind the wheel. And now he has 280rwd hp to be crazy with. The last thing I need is for him and his friends to start street racing cause of this and kill themselves or someone else due to lack of experience.... i really want to own him, but I probably shouldnt.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    well first of all, this kid doesnt know anything about cars....he thinks that simply because I am a 4cyl and he is a 6cyl then he has it in the bag. Second of all, I probably wont run him simply because he is 17 and from what I hear, pretty crazy behind the wheel. And now he has 280rwd hp to be crazy with. The last thing I need is for him and his friends to start street racing cause of this and kill themselves or someone else due to lack of experience.... i really want to own him, but I probably shouldnt.
    thats very mature thinking.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i think the better question is: do you even want to be street racing someone that inexperienced? i guess in a straight line not a whole lot can happen, but i wouldn't trust some dumbass 17-year-old personally.

either way, if you can drive you'll definitely win. auto 350z's are pigs.
    1994 Toyota Supra Turbo BPU

Quote Originally Posted by mkiv808
    i think the better question is: do you even want to be street racing someone that inexperienced? i guess in a straight line not a whole lot can happen, but i wouldn't trust some dumbass 17-year-old personally.

A very good point, streetracing is one thing. Streetracing someone that's inexperienced is another thing. I don't know about in PA but in IL you can get in some deep **** if the person you're racing were to be injured or killed as a result of your race.

Also, 17 y/o + RWD + PA snow =

From a dig, a stock wrx should edge out the 350z but don't say that an Auto 350z are pigs. The difference in 1/4 mile times between a 6spd and auto are maybe .1-.3 sec depending on driver. I mean i hit a 14.6 in my car without launching which is better than some 6spds will do due to bad drivers. The Auto 350z is capable of 14.3-14.6 in stock form with once again depending on the driver.

All in all though, this kid with the Z sounds like a tool and probably doesn't know how to drive his car even though its auto. The wrx should have no problems winning if they were to race.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Fastwrx, is yr g35 an auto? just wanted to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

but i wouldn't trust some dumbass 17-year-old personally. .
    i resent that remark.

If the kid is talking crap, show him what he's in for. But keep it safe and take him to the track...that way you wouldn't have to worry about his lack of driving skills.
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    So a friend of a friend just gets a 350z from his parents for a present because 'he was tired of his V8 grand cherokee'. He starts talking about how amazing of a driver he is so I decide to challenge him to a race, from a stop. I am pretty confident that even completely stock, I could beat this kid to 60 or 80 in my stock 04. He is automatic, has only had his liscence for about 6 months, and isnt used to his car. What do you think..do I have a chance??
    I live very close to you, in Wayne right off 202. Let me know when youre going out to play so i can watch the nissan go down. And if you cant beat him , I will .

If your worried about strret racing but really wanna show him up why not goto a track, then you can videotape it AND have the slips to rub it in his his face whenever you want.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

Getting caught street racing here in Cali will put an end on your vehicle. They passed this new law that they are entitled to wreck your car in the junk yard in front of you for street racing. Not very nice, but it works. It teaches those young little ricers a lesson. Regardless, I think you should be able to take him. I got away from a manual 350z once from a complete stop. With a decent launch, you can really put some distance up until about 75mph.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.