17 year old in a auto 350z challenges me - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 17 year old in a auto 350z challenges me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by peenutz Getting caught street racing here in Cali will put an end on your vehicle. They passed ...

Quote Originally Posted by peenutz
    Getting caught street racing here in Cali will put an end on your vehicle. They passed this new law that they are entitled to wreck your car in the junk yard in front of you for street racing. Not very nice, but it works. It teaches those young little ricers a lesson. Regardless, I think you should be able to take him. I got away from a manual 350z once from a complete stop. With a decent launch, you can really put some distance up until about 75mph.
    are you serious? They choose to wreck cars instead of re-selling them for a profit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by overwrxed24
    Fastwrx, is yr g35 an auto? just wanted to know.
    Yes my g35 is an auto
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

It should be interesting. With an auto he's going to hit that 0-60 time pretty consistently. If you fubar your launch at all you're going to get screwed. So as long as you can drive you should be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    well first of all, this kid doesnt know anything about cars....he thinks that simply because I am a 4cyl and he is a 6cyl then he has it in the bag. Second of all, I probably wont run him simply because he is 17 and from what I hear, pretty crazy behind the wheel. And now he has 280rwd hp to be crazy with. The last thing I need is for him and his friends to start street racing cause of this and kill themselves or someone else due to lack of experience.... i really want to own him, but I probably shouldnt.
    if thats the case, he should have kept the huge v8 cherokee!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

the 350z will run consistently. By the quarter mile, the wrx with a great launch will be a car in front or so, but the 350z will be catching up, even in auto form.

btw, i still want an 05 g35 mt!!!!!!!!!! 298 hp!!!! mmmmmmmm. mmm. mmmmmmmmmmm.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBartoRex
    And now he has 280rwd hp to be crazy with.
    Nah, 350Z only comes with 287 hp to the crank, not 280 to the wheels.

Getting caught street racing here in Cali will put an end on your vehicle. They passed this new law that they are entitled to wreck your car in the junk yard in front of you for street racing. Not very nice, but it works. It teaches those young little ricers a lesson. Regardless, I think you should be able to take him. I got away from a manual 350z once from a complete stop. With a decent launch, you can really put some distance up until about 75mph.
    That's unconstitutional, they cant take private property and destroy it like that as a method of punishment....cruel and unusual punishment. It is similar to giving you a fine for the price of the car, a 20,000 dollar fine or more, for street racing. Thats absurd.
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

fre
    There was a turbo 350z at the track putting down 12.9s. I wanted to run him but couldn't get lined up with him.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    There was a turbo 350z at the track putting down 12.9s. I wanted to run him but couldn't get lined up with him.
    Was he running with slicks or street tires??

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Was he running with slicks or street tires??
    He didnt have full out slicks, but I dunno if he had drag radials or not. I think they were just street tires. His trap speed was 109 or so. I think he could have at least gotten mid 12s with traction maybe low 12s. Gotta love awd

I ran the other one there but he was stock so it wasn't too fair.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    He didnt have full out slicks, but I dunno if he had drag radials or not. I think they were just street tires. His trap speed was 109 or so. I think he could have at least gotten mid 12s with traction maybe low 12s. Gotta love awd

I ran the other one there but he was stock so it wasn't too fair.
    Cool... Traction is a big issue with TT 350z's. I figured he would be running street tires. With slicks or drag radials, a rightly tuned TT Z should be in the low-mid 12's trapping around 110-113mph.

If you can find that law and post a link to it that would be great. I just find it really hard to believe.

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by DChan
    If you can find that law and post a link to it that would be great. I just find it really hard to believe.

Actually I think they take your first born and dance around a fire.
    11.1 @ 131

Ya

I live in cali (Los Angeles Area) and due to the deaths that have occured from ontario and compton street races that have started impounding and pretty much telling you that you will never get your car back if they catch you street racing.

I have guys pulling up next to me in lil civics revving their rubber band engines and i just look over and laugh, considering i have more money in my engine then their entire car is worth its just not worth taking a chance of some cop taking my pride and joy...

Couple of years ago cops actually blocked off one of the major streets in ontario ( was in a truck ) and actually started towing cars, eventually a lil over 260 cars got impounded, depending on the vehicle and if the cops actually witnessed you racing from a day, to several months. Now they have a law if you are in certain areas at specific times at night you will be pulled over and given a ticket for 3500 dollars, and if they catch you watching street races you will get a 3500 dollar ticket and your car will be impounded..

At least you can do it at the track, last time i checked it was like 5-20 dollars depending on if you were gonna race or watch and you can actually race cops in their cars, which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by redrex007
    I live in cali (Los Angeles Area) and due to the deaths that have occured from ontario and compton street races that have started impounding and pretty much telling you that you will never get your car back if they catch you street racing.

I have guys pulling up next to me in lil civics revving their rubber band engines and i just look over and laugh, considering i have more money in my engine then their entire car is worth its just not worth taking a chance of some cop taking my pride and joy...

Couple of years ago cops actually blocked off one of the major streets in ontario ( was in a truck ) and actually started towing cars, eventually a lil over 260 cars got impounded, depending on the vehicle and if the cops actually witnessed you racing from a day, to several months. Now they have a law if you are in certain areas at specific times at night you will be pulled over and given a ticket for 3500 dollars, and if they catch you watching street races you will get a 3500 dollar ticket and your car will be impounded..

At least you can do it at the track, last time i checked it was like 5-20 dollars depending on if you were gonna race or watch and you can actually race cops in their cars, which is cool.
    Other than trespassing or disturbing the peace they can't give you a ticket for being in a certain place at a certain time of night, unless they have some sort of curfue law and you are under 17.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.