How do you guys do vs VR6's
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on How do you guys do vs VR6's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; from a stop you guys will beat them ofcoruse, but my friends mainly have just intake and exhausts and from ...

from a stop you guys will beat them ofcoruse, but my friends mainly have just intake and exhausts and from a roll feel alot faster then wrx's. Can run-ins with them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

VR6s are pretty quick. Youd probably need to go stage 2 to be able to keep up, if not more since theyve got intake and exhaust

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

I do pretty well...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ginzo
    from a stop you guys will beat them ofcoruse, but my friends mainly have just intake and exhausts and from a roll feel alot faster then wrx's. Can run-ins with them?
    VR6's have very good topend. The engine and trans was designed for topgear acceleration and even in the older one's (95'-98') they only ran mid - low 15's but still trapped at ~94mph
    which is where a wrx traps. The car runs a full second slower in the 1/4 but will trap the same speed. The newer ones are even quicker uptop and will trap at 96/97mph stock. You wouldn't have anything to worry about from a dig, but from a roll, your wrx is going to have a hard time keeping a lead upto 90mph and anything over that will have the VR6 pulling on you. For an n/a 6cylinder they also resond pretty well to mods, so if you friend has intake and exhaust and it feels faster than a wrx uptop, thats because it is faster uptop.
    the Jetta and GTi VR6's are really nice cars. They have a few electical reliability issues, but other than that I dont think they are given enough credit. great cars all around, especially for FWD
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

You can't be talking about VW VR6. They are slow as hell. I raced my bro on a roll and smoked him

J-H
    Stock for stock form a roll a VR6 will walk away from a WRX...I ran into one a while ago (see thread) and I started to pull after I reached boost and stayed there for a bit....very fast cars from a roll...

JH
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    i raced two off the line and won. never from a roll. not to go to far off topic, but how do you guys do against the 1.8t's. My friend has a nicely moded one(intake,exhaust,bov,up+down pipe) what do you think his 1.4 time would be?
    uncle lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by con40
    You can't be talking about VW VR6. They are slow as hell. I raced my bro on a roll and smoked him
    you are under a pretty big misconception there. They are no 1/4 beasts, but they trap pretty high and in MT form will edge out a stock rex uptop.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    i raced two off the line and won. never from a roll. not to go to far off topic, but how do you guys do against the 1.8t's. My friend has a nicely moded one(intake,exhaust,bov,up+down pipe) what do you think his 1.4 time would be?
    uncle lewie
    They do not have the top end of the VR6, but are much more modable for the 1/4 runs. With the mods above he is probably running very low 14's if he can drive. Typically they will run high 14's - very low 15's stock. tbe and ecu chip is good for nearly 40whp and puts them in the mid 14's easily. With a good driver and few extra's they are solid low 14sec cars.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    thanks DTR rex for the advice! spring time at the track we'll see how it goes, i hope im stage 2 by then.
    uncle lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    uncle lewie

I don't know what the times are on a stock 1.8T but I doknow the 1.8Ts are much easier to mod and make power out of since they are already turbo and can take decent amounts of boost... Chip, exhaust, then upgrade the turbo, just like the stages in a WRX.... You can't gain that much from a VR6 unless you turbo/ supercharge it, and that is big bucks. I'll take a 1.8T over a VR6 anyday. Slap a worked K04 turbo on that thing and hello 300 WHP.

PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    I don't know what the times are on a stock 1.8T but I doknow the 1.8Ts are much easier to mod and make power out of since they are already turbo and can take decent amounts of boost... Chip, exhaust, then upgrade the turbo, just like the stages in a WRX.... You can't gain that much from a VR6 unless you turbo/ supercharge it, and that is big bucks. I'll take a 1.8T over a VR6 anyday. Slap a worked K04 turbo on that thing and hello 300 WHP.

I like the idea of the topend and torque of the VR6 but like you said, the modability of the 1.8T is just irresistable.
    Just call me Clark Kent

My friends 24v VR6 ran a 13.9 100% stock. They are not slow.

Quote Originally Posted by CronoMasamune
    My friends 24v VR6 ran a 13.9 100% stock. They are not slow.

raise it high!!!

theres not way. That car runs high 14's AT BEST. The fastest time I have EVER seen with one was a factory freak pulling off a 14.7. There is no way in hell. Not even full bolt on (intake, header, exhaust, chip, intake manifold, etc.,) are running that time. His trap speed would have to be at like 102mph

I think you mean R32
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    raise it high!!!

theres not way. That car runs high 14's AT BEST. The fastest time I have EVER seen with one was a factory freak pulling off a 14.7. There is no way in hell. Not even full bolt on (intake, header, exhaust, chip, intake manifold, etc.,) are running that time. His trap speed would have to be at like 102mph

I think you mean R32

I agree.... R32 times...

PICS & MODS

THANK YOU DTR! He has to be talking about the R32! As far as 24v VR6s go, they dont take to mods as well as the 1.8T does, unless of course, you add boost. Now for example puposes, just the other night my good friend and I messed around a little.

His car:
    2003 GTi 1.8T
    Revo Chip@18psi
    Turboback exhaust
    Baileys D/V
    Panel Filter
    EIP Motor Mounts
    ESTIMATED Power: 200WHP and 240WHTQ
    My Car:

2004 WRX
    TurboXS Stealthback (catless)

We ran twice from a 10MPH roll, and both times we ran DEAD even til 80 when we shut down. Now you would all assume he would KILL a WRX especially from a roll! That wasn't even the case. I know had he gone into 4th gear he would have walked away from me, but any faster would have been fairly childish. My friend is largely involved in the VW community and knows VWs real well, and he easily walks VR6s, but said he wasn't suprised at the results of our race. I however, was. I didnt think i would hang with him as long as I did!
    So back to the topic at hand. Stock vs. stock, WRX will beat a 1.8T at any speeds, and it should be a drivers race against a 24v VR6 on the highway.
    -Marc

PS-On vortex, search for stone20v if you want to see my buddies GTi. I happen to LOVE it!
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast