How do you guys do vs VR6's - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on How do you guys do vs VR6's within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SERacing Wish that was the case with the VW owners I know...my friend goes 11's in his ...

Quote Originally Posted by SERacing
    Wish that was the case with the VW owners I know...my friend goes 11's in his GTi, roll races would probably make me slit my wrists
    I dunno about running 11's, I could be wrong but to my knowledge theres only 3 MK4's running 11's currenty, 11.8 for a Stage III with a 50 shot, 11.8 with a GT2871R, and 11.5 for HPA's twin turbo r32, this is stone20v by the way.
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User usedToDriveAdub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabf355
    I dunno about running 11's, I could be wrong but to my knowledge theres only 3 MK4's running 11's currenty, 11.8 for a Stage III with a 50 shot, 11.8 with a GT2871R, and 11.5 for HPA's twin turbo r32, this is stone20v by the way.
    You are correct. I'm sure that there are more gti's capable of 11's that just don't have what it takes in the driver dpt.
    Old whip
    Pics
    Big Turbo GTI RIP

The problem with the newer VR6 & R32 is how much they weigh. An R32 is not much faster than a stock WRX . I would bet there power to weight is close, with R32 making alot more torque of course. I think the newer Golf is going to be even bigger.My friend has a R32 I never got A chance to race him when I was stock. Motor trend has 0-60 5.9 QT14.2@97.6 for R32. I think he would have got me in 1/4.

Stone20v? Did I meet you in TR?

Anywho, yeah I'm positive he ran in the 11's...I have vids of it. He was the quickest 1.8t in America for a long time then he got knocked out by a Jetta with a 50 shot I believe and then upgraded the turbo. Its Pat's gold GTi.

http://www.se-racing.net/junkti.htm

Thats his car

P.S. Pat's GTi is the one with the gt2871R, now its going to be a little bigger that the engine is coming apart
    Last edited by SERacing; 01-21-2005 at 01:43 PM.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

I do well against them, even modded (to a point)

I like them, though... the girlfriend has a non-VR6 VW and its definitely a nice car
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by SERacing
    Stone20v? Did I meet you in TR?

Anywho, yeah I'm positive he ran in the 11's...I have vids of it. He was the quickest 1.8t in America for a long time then he got knocked out by a Jetta with a 50 shot I believe and then upgraded the turbo. Its Pat's gold GTi.

http://www.se-racing.net/junkti.htm

Thats his car

P.S. Pat's GTi is the one with the gt2871R, now its going to be a little bigger that the engine is coming apart

Yea, Ive been proven wrong, i saw that car when it was the fastest stock k03 turbo. I think it ran a 13.2 on the k03, sick dub for sure, sleeper and a half, and you guys are right the problem with the vr6 is the weight of it, the weight ratio is like 63% in the front. Thats why the 1.8t is the way to go. The MK5 is coming out with a 2.0 liter Turbo with like 200 crank hp and 197 crank lb. ft. so to answer the question flat out, no vr6 should ever keep up with a wrx, whether is stock for stock or mod for mod.

All that I know is that I would always smoke my friends Bora VR6 and I was driving my Integra that only had I/H/E at the time. Maybe he couldn't drive but I wasn't impressed with his car at all.

the ko4 is only good for 225hp at the wheels.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Yea, Ive been proven wrong, i saw that car when it was the fastest stock k03 turbo. I think it ran a 13.2 on the k03, sick dub for sure, sleeper and a half, and you guys are right the problem with the vr6 is the weight of it, the weight ratio is like 63% in the front. Thats why the 1.8t is the way to go. The MK5 is coming out with a 2.0 liter Turbo with like 200 crank hp and 197 crank lb. ft. so to answer the question flat out, no vr6 should ever keep up with a wrx, whether is stock for stock or mod for mod.

A stage 4 WRX = Twin turbo VR6 ?

If so, who would be faster "mod for mod"?

The HPA kit for the R32 (I know it's not a "VR6") makes like 550+ HP... on a stock block. Stock block on a rex can only handle 300-350...?
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    A stage 4 WRX = Twin turbo VR6 ?

If so, who would be faster "mod for mod"?

The HPA kit for the R32 (I know it's not a "VR6") makes like 550+ HP... on a stock block. Stock block on a rex can only handle 300-350...?
    That was my friend, Stone20v who said that, and I agree with you, a TT VR6 would obviously destroy any WRX. However, on average, bigger turbos aside, with just minor bolt ons, the WRX is still faster than the VR6 mod for mod. I'm referring to exhaust, ECU, chip etc. It's all relative to who has the deapest pockets at the point of twin turboing a VR6.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    That was my friend, Stone20v who said that, and I agree with you, a TT VR6 would obviously destroy any WRX. However, on average, bigger turbos aside, with just minor bolt ons, the WRX is still faster than the VR6 mod for mod. I'm referring to exhaust, ECU, chip etc. It's all relative to who has the deapest pockets at the point of twin turboing a VR6.

Any car with a turbo already on it has more power potential than a similar sized n/a motor. A turbo is a power adder... just like nitrous. You can build internals, bore a n/a motor out, and add every bolt on imaginable. Add a crazy-big turbo to a smaller/ less powerful motor, and it will cream the built-to-sheat n/a one all day long.

There is no replacement for displacement.......... except forced induction.

I can mod my 6 liter 'till I cant mod it no more, but slapping on a big turbo or supercharger is what is gonna make the most power... it's a no-brainer.

...but I'm gonna try a 150-shot first.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

hey dude, what name did you go by on vwvortex?

you obviously know your stuff......

there are actually 4 mk4s in the 11s...... you were right, you just might not have known about the other

myself... street car/daily driver 11.851@118.43 gt2871 all boost
    Ian Case driving APTUNINGs trailered race car apr stage 3 with 50 shot 11.856@116
    eiptunings turbo r32 11.5
    hpa turbo r32 11.4

I have recently gotten a GT3071 to put on it and the motor is out for a build......

thanks to SEracing to shout me out
    Last edited by junk t.i.; 01-23-2005 at 09:05 AM.

i go by stone20v on vwvortex, and obviously if u talk about the hpa motorsports r32 or even the eiptuning r32, those cars are nasty, but if ur talking about minor bolts ons, then u guys should have no problem pulling on a vr6 even the 24v, the 12v vr6 only have 174hp, theyre dogs

i go by stone20v on vwvortex, and obviously if u talk about the hpa motorsports r32 or even the eiptuning r32, those cars are nasty, but if ur talking about minor bolts ons, then u guys should have no problem pulling on a vr6 even the 24v, the 12v vr6 only have 174hp, theyre dogs
    yup, I used to have a 12v mk4 VR6 jetta.... with every bolt on imaginable and its best runs were 14.9@95

my goal for waterfest this year is to line up with EIP or HPAs turbo R32 and give them a run for their money.... I'm not far off them with my 11.8 and I done that on a hurt motor... I'm also putting the GT3071R on in when the motor goes back in

damn, did you run slicks on your jetta with those times? i think thats the major porblem with the Vr's so much tq and FWD. in my MKIII i had I/E/chip/ and schrick cams, and that thing was a monster on the fwy, i had 141K on that car, never had a problem with the engine........ to bad someone decided to steal it from me
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast