(Vid) 4eat Cobb Stg 2 vs S2000
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on (Vid) 4eat Cobb Stg 2 vs S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have it recorded this time... I just need someone to host it for me The S2000 didn't have a ...

(Vid) 4eat Cobb Stg 2 vs S2000

I have it recorded this time... I just need someone to host it for me

The S2000 didn't have a chance in #$*! even into the triple digits from a highway roll. Thats with an extra passanger in the S2000. I manage to win and kept at least 3-4 car lengths each time.

Things turned out quite differently when the weight was shifted into my car for recording...

Cliff notes:
    1st run- pulled 1 car length from 40mph roll and gets creeped at the end...
    2nd run- pulled 1/2 car length from 60mph roll and gets walked at the end...
    3rd run- pulled 4-5 car lengths from 5mph roll and kept the lead at the end...

Its amazing what happens when 200lbs is subtracted from one car and added to another...
    Last edited by AsianWRX; 01-16-2005 at 02:06 AM.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hit me up, I can host it.

AIM: wingless mbp
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

WRX
    post that vid!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

yeah this makes me want to go stg 2 even more....damn you

sounds promising for me (since yours is in a 4eat wagon...mine will be on a 5mt sedan)

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    I have it recorded this time... I just need someone to host it for me

The S2000 didn't have a chance in #$*! even into the triple digits from a highway roll. Thats with an extra passanger in the S2000. I manage to win and kept at least 3-4 car lengths each time.

Things turned out quite differently when the weight was shifted into my car for recording...

Cliff notes:
    1st run- pulled 1 car length from 40mph roll and gets creeped at the end...
    2nd run- pulled 1/2 car length from 60mph roll and gets walked at the end...
    3rd run- pulled 4-5 car lengths from 5mph roll and kept the lead at the end...

Its amazing what happens when 200lbs is subtracted from one car and added to another...

I wonder what the race would have been like if you both had equal passengers in your cars. Seems like you would have won by 1 or 2 cars.from a 60mph dig and probably a whole bunch from a dig
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by SERacing
    Hit me up, I can host it.

AIM: wingless mbp
    PM me your email address, I'll email it to you. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    I wonder what the race would have been like if you both had equal passengers in your cars. Seems like you would have won by 1 or 2 cars.from a 60mph dig and probably a whole bunch from a dig
    Well, I was running on a full tank of gas and I think heat soak was starting to kick in cuz it was the 5th or 6th run by the time her boyfriend was in the car to record them. Those S2000 do have a great top end, but I'm not too concern about them even into the triple digits under a more favorable condition
    07 RDX

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    yeah this makes me want to go stg 2 even more....damn you

sounds promising for me (since yours is in a 4eat wagon...mine will be on a 5mt sedan)
    The stg 2 has a great low to mid range pull. I think its the turbo that runs out of breath or the long gearing in 4th that kills the fun
    07 RDX

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    The stg 2 has a great low to mid range pull. I think its the turbo that runs out of breath or the long gearing in 4th that kills the fun
    you are correct.,

now enough talking, get that damn vid up!!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hey I gotta see that video because I have a 4eat Cobb Stage 2 with Protorque, Hks uppipe/downpipe/and catback.

Can't wait to see that vid man. Sounds like you had some good runs.

SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Couldnt really see that much but still a nice run. I was suprised you held her off till 90. Thats what i thought you said in the vid.

Quote Originally Posted by shiro9
    Couldnt really see that much but still a nice run. I was suprised you held her off till 90. Thats what i thought you said in the vid.
    Apologies for the ameatur recording. Her boyfriend never recorded in a race before not to mention that it wasn't with my camcorder but with my Sony camera

You can see her headlights creep up when I was 90ish, that thing just keeps on pulling into the triple digits while my powerband got pretty flat from there. Maybe it was heatsoak in addtion to the extra weight, but she couldn't do that when I ran her initially. I was will into 110 and she couldn't gain back any ground
    07 RDX

Slap a block of ice on there and dust her. Seriously though i was suprised that at 90 she was pulling. I figured from a roll you were dust. Whar are your exact mods for the cobb stage 2? At least you got it on vid, i think im going to keep a video camera in my car at all times just so i dont miss anything.

It was hard to tell, but from the sound of the WRX, you were in the wrong gear when you started out. Either that or I was hearing something else.

I know sometimes the EAT doesn't like to downshift though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast