(Vid) 4eat Cobb Stg 2 vs S2000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on (Vid) 4eat Cobb Stg 2 vs S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by vtjim It was hard to tell, but from the sound of the WRX, you were in the ...

Quote Originally Posted by vtjim
    It was hard to tell, but from the sound of the WRX, you were in the wrong gear when you started out. Either that or I was hearing something else.

I know sometimes the EAT doesn't like to downshift though.
    For the 40mph and 60mph roll, I left it in 3rd both times since I wasn't too sure how high the second can go. It doesn't have the throttle response that a manual has. Thants why I was so surprise to see me pull ahead of her manual still with my auto.

Very good observation btw.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2 should get you to 80. If you try to downshift it over a certain speed though, it won't go.

I'd bet it would shift from 40, but probably not from 60.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    3rd run- pulled 4-5 car lengths from 5mph roll and kept the lead at the end...

did the same to an s2000 (3 car lengths up to about 80 mph) but with only a catback exhaust.

You can see her headlights creep up when I was 90ish, that thing just keeps on pulling into the triple digits while my powerband got pretty flat from there. Maybe it was heatsoak in addtion to the extra weight, but she couldn't do that when I ran her initially. I was will into 110 and she couldn't gain back any ground
    i dont think heatsoak had as much to do with it as our 4th gear ratio.....good runs btw

Quote Originally Posted by .:.Steve.8o4.:.
    i dont think heatsoak had as much to do with it as our 4th gear ratio.....good runs btw
    What was weird was that during the first 2 runs, I was able to keep my lead in 4th gear (granted, I didn't pull on her and she had her bf in the car at that time). The 4th gear is pretty bad though, its really flat

Will a bigger turbo help in that department?
    07 RDX

wow... S2000 really pulled hard on you from 60mph roll....

Those things are no slug on the top end thats for sure. Take her bf back and you've got a whole another race (minus the heatsoak too of course)
    07 RDX

Was that a chick racing like that in the s2k? Wow ain't that hott! Nothing like a chick who can have fun in a sexy car too! I think I'll trade my wifes 99si in on an s2000 just so I can drool over her. Damn! I forgot the kids again...I know, we can just get a roof rack and strap the two baby seats to it! Better yet we'll just trade cars based on who has to get the kids! Yeah that's it.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

was the s2k stock? i ran one a couple of weeks ago in my r32 (chip,intake, free mod) about 4 times from 20-50mph rolls, and every time i started to pull on the kid at about 90mph and higher. The kid did have an intake, and winter tires on too. I was still driving on my summer tires in 30 degree weather. I think my r32 does much better top end wise with the 7200rpm red line! btw, he wouldn't race me from a stop, though he thinks that his car is better off the line.

I would like to see what i could do against a cobb stage two though. I have yet to race one, i have raced what you can consider a stage 1.5 and pulled on it, but not a 2. I would love to race my brother in my old wrx that he has now, see what i can do, but his is in the shop.

They found a lot of things wrong with the wrx, cylinder blown (?), something wrong with cam shaft... dunno. Anyhow, it supposedly all done today and the wrx now has a 2.5L block, better cams, turbo back exhaust, uppipe, and a high stall torque converter... i wonder what the 4eat will run now.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

If you can pull on a S2000 on the top end, I'm pretty sure you will creep past a stg 2 since the turbo just drops dead in the 4th gear into the triple digits. I know the R32's are strong up top since its a VW. From a low roll, I still predict the wrx getting some distance from your R32 initially. But it'll turn into a very interesting race depending on how far you guys are willing to go

I have a picture of the chick that drives the S2k. I'll uploaded once I get home from work.
    07 RDX

i think you are very right on this. i would easily expect the wrx with a stage two to start taking me down low maybe 1-2 car lengths, but i would have to catch up after that. I know i can hit with my mods a trap of about 101-102mph and can top out at 160+mph, so the r32 does have top end. Even stock wrx's have awesome down low power, but seriously lose power after 60mph!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Just to chime my .02 in...I raced two S2000's from a roll in my stick Stage 3 WRX and walked away from them easily. So its definitely possible imo, I doubt my intercooler made the difference and Im sure me being stick helped from a roll, but who knows...every car and driver is different.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

what do you guys think about this......... i got cobb stage 2, uppipe, TBE 3'',and JDM 6mt.

so how do you think i would do againts a 350z?
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

is it stock, the 350z that is? if it is than u should take it. even modded, you'll still be okay.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

Quote Originally Posted by WRXskeet
    what do you guys think about this......... i got cobb stage 2, uppipe, TBE 3'',and JDM 6mt.

so how do you think i would do againts a 350z?
    JDM 6mt? how did THAT get in there? (I know someone installed it, just wondering who and why it was purchased)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast