Raced a M3 tonight have question about BOOST
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced a M3 tonight have question about BOOST within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay... so before I get into my races I played with a M3 smg convetible today . We met at ...

Banned

Raced a M3 tonight have question about BOOST

Okay... so before I get into my races I played with a M3 smg convetible today . We met at the self car wash and chated abit and decided to go for a run. I noticed something that I wanted some of your opinions on. We went once off the line for jokes and I killed him.. but than we went from a 3rd gear roll.. and he was neck -neck with me until middle of 4th than we shut down.. he smiled at me and I was like WTF? ( i raced 3 or 4 m3 b4 on the highway and they were coupes ) so we went again and this time again he stayed with me in 3rd and at the end of 4th I started to pull and 5th again pulled I was 2 -3 cars ahead by 120-130.. I guess my question is .. did he stick with me in 3rd and most of 4th becuase I wasn't into enough BOOST? I am currently dynod at 280 whp. 18 psi of boost (to be safe) Tbe and downpipe.. I gues I need to be in higher speeds to really pull on the M3 and get into boost... this sound right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What M3 was it, E36 or E46. Assuming you have a WRX and not an STI the E46 Should have killed you. But if you have an STI or it was an E36 than that sounds about right. You should beet him pretty bad but since the M3's are top end cars its proabably pretty normal for him to stay with you in 3rd for alittle while.

wrong forum. i beleive this belongs in wrx vs. the world or something.

Banned

sorry

I have a STi. It was a e46 m3 .. smg paddle shift. My question really is.. do get into 18 psi of boost.. do u nee ot be into a higher gear? Or higher speed. I noticed that in the lower gears he stayed with me but at higher gear I pulled slowly..

i beleive in the lower gears you get less boost untill like 3rd i think. unless you have some kind of EM or boost controller.

Banned

nahh

I have ecutek .. and my bolt on mods psi id set to 18 .. It's weird how my car is faster at higher speeds now..lol It use to be slower at higher speeds ...

once when i was dirving my b oost inga3ed and i went fastar then some riceboyz in a honda. i boost up to 18 psi in 2nd gear

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    tell the guy in the e46 m3 he wasted like 10 grand on the SMG option.
    uncle lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

nice kill...and i do belive it...the convertible M3 has a HUGE preformance differance than the hard top models...infact 0-60mph is about equivilant as regular WRX....but it will pass a wrx on the highway of course, but shouldnt be too tough for an STi...if it had been the coupe it would have been a much closer race...
    did he stick with me in 3rd and most of 4th becuase I wasn't into enough BOOST?
    no he stuck with you b/c he has a 3.2l inline six that puts out 333hp

Tbe and downpipe
    a turbo back exhaust includes the downpipe

oh and also why is the smg such a bad option? i feel most people think its crap b/c they either A. never driven an smg tranny or B. do not know how to drive the smg...but it is a very high quality piece...infact it shifts faster than you could shift manually...i personally would prefer the 6 speed also....i think the only tranny thats faster is Audi's form of SMG (cannot remember what it is called)
    Last edited by .:.Steve.8o4.:.; 01-18-2005 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    tell the guy in the e46 m3 he wasted like 10 grand on the SMG option.
    uncle lewie
    The SMG is only a $2400 option, and the new version actually works REALLY well. It's much better than the first generation.
    My transmission hates me. So does my wife because of this car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.