WRX vs. Durango
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Durango within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, stupid but... you know how annoying those aggressive, bumper-riding SUVs Type A (a$$hole) people are. The type of People ...

Talking WRX vs. Durango

Ok, stupid but...

you know how annoying those aggressive, bumper-riding SUVs Type A (a$$hole) people are.

The type of People who want to get in front and then jam you up.

So yesterday i'm coming back from gravel/dirt driving on 66 E back to Arlington and there is this big-ass Durango in front of me.

I'm doing my usual gentle dip in and out of holes trying to move faster than most thing but smoothly, gently, try not to attract attention, see the hole and, zip! Gone...

Well dipchit is doing this too along with bumper riding and sudden lane changes and he sees me make a move to go around him and jerks over to get in front of me.

Ok. I see how you are. At one point he takes the left and I take the right and I end up in front of him.

a few seconds later he is catching up but since the lane is blocked and I don't want him on my bumper I decide to let him go, maybe catch the ticket and be the bumper-pressurizing a$$hole.

Of course it's easy to keep up with this pondstrosity so i'm just chillin waiting for my moment.

66 becomeing 2 lanes from three in falls church is coming up, a volvo in the middle, Durango in the middle lane, and me behind Durango in middle lane, finally clearing the blockers in the right and left lanes.

I knew if I went one way He would try to Jam me and the left lane was disappearing fast. Finally He decides to go right, I wait til hes half way there, drop to third at 60 and WOT to 90. wheeeee!

Ironically the Volvo switched to the right lane just after Durangoboy and jammed him up. he had to switch back to the middle.

But I was long gone, But Shorty is still trying to keep up.

I catch the next batch of cars and hes coming up behind.

Before he gets to me I See a hole, catch it, he missed. See another hole, catch it he's still stuck behind the last one.

muthfuka couldn't do chit, he was miles behind.

so satisfying to leave that POS lumbering in my dust.

what the hell is up with these SUV morons?

I had a Jacked-up, full-size Bronco trying to match my 90 MPH on the GWParkway under the bridges the other day!!??

WTF are they thinking?
    Last edited by rally_wannabe; 09-09-2002 at 03:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I ran into a stupid durango driver the other day as well. He sped up to get in front of me and then hit the brakes to make the turn - he came across 2 lanes to do this maneuver. He gets on to the onramp for the freeway so I decide to "follow" him. I didn't tailgate though. so He speeds up and tries to loose me - Not! Cuts across 3 lanes on the freeway and speeds of to try to get rid of me, but I'm right there. He comes up on someone elses ass and starts ridin and decides he's tired of that and cuts back across 3 lanes, only this time he almost looses it and just starts to fishtail - at about 70. I think the passenger had had about enough at that time because I saw an arm fly and he quieted down after that... Idiot.
    '02 Blue WRX - Stock
    '67 Red Firebird

Re: WRX vs. Durango

Originally posted by rally_wannabe
    Ok, stupid but...

you know how annoying those aggressive, bumper-riding SUVs Type A (a$$hole) people are..........

what the hell is up with these SUV morons?

I had a Jacked-up, full-size Bronco trying to match my 90 MPH on the GWParkway under the bridges the other day!!??

WTF are they thinking?

nice story, rally_wannabe.

Size = power to control the road, at least in their eyes. I hate riding behind SUV because you can't see down the road. My wife has a Honda CR-V, a relative midget in the SUV kingdom but more nimble than some. I like it, visibility is good but it's no WRX so I don't try to drive it like one.

Also, I think a lot of SUV drivers delude themselves that their big, bad vehicle is also safe at any speed. The captain of the Titanic also thought his ride was hot stuff.
    Old, but not slow.

Last saturday, a turd in an Exploder nearly took my passenger front out switching lanes at 70mph without signalling. So I honk at him, to wake him up and he makes me get onto the antilocks! Then he zips up to around ninety while we're approaching an the 175th st exit of I-5 north, which I happen to know is usually chock full of staties with radars. The soccermom wannabe is flying through traffic, no signals, and pissing everyone on the road off. Then we get to the on-ramp and I see the party lights come on, the trooper makes his way to the far left lane and makes the guy pull over on far right lane shoulder, cutting back toward me. I slow down, roll down my windows, and within full view of the trooper, honk my horn and tell the guy to FCK himself and give him the finger. All at about 15mph on I-5 with no traffic in the right lane behind me. Not even a look from the guy or the trooper. DIE SOCCERMOM! I hope the guy got a reckless, I was half tempted to stop and tell the trooper how he nearly side swiped me.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

i was on my way to work one day and there was this pretty long straightaway, so i decide to be crazy and floor it. i blast by this suburban going like 80, (eventually hitting 110) and hes like offended or somthing. i dont find out untill later when i have to slow down (b/c of a well-known speed trap) and im going like 65, and i hear this nasty sounding exhaust, like its straining to get speed. he goes blowin by at like 75 and looks at me. im like yeah, whatever. deep down though, hes crying because he knows he cant handle this mad power.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by supermarkus
    Last saturday, a turd in an Exploder nearly took my passenger front out switching lanes at 70mph without signalling. So I honk at him, to wake him up and he makes me get onto the antilocks! Then he zips up to around ninety while we're approaching an the 175th st exit of I-5 north, which I happen to know is usually chock full of staties with radars. The soccermom wannabe is flying through traffic, no signals, and pissing everyone on the road off. Then we get to the on-ramp and I see the party lights come on, the trooper makes his way to the far left lane and makes the guy pull over on far right lane shoulder, cutting back toward me. I slow down, roll down my windows, and within full view of the trooper, honk my horn and tell the guy to FCK himself and give him the finger. All at about 15mph on I-5 with no traffic in the right lane behind me. Not even a look from the guy or the trooper. DIE SOCCERMOM! I hope the guy got a reckless, I was half tempted to stop and tell the trooper how he nearly side swiped me.
    Wow man I really can't picture you doing that, but WOW!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Yeah, those stupid humongous SUV on steroids... I remember when I had my scooby for two days I was "challenged" by Durango.
    We both stopped at the red light and this "king of the road" floored it - actually his powerful V-8 sounded as a hard-trying Tercel for some reason. I decided to stick to my 1000 miles break-in. It was two month ago and I hope my fellows WRXs gave him a lesson, and if not - I will only be pleased to help him (or her?) boost his insight and to raise his self-awareness...

Vlad
    2005 CGM STi
    2002 WRX Wagon

Re: WRX vs. Durango

Originally posted by rally_wannabe
    WTF are they thinking?
    Maybe it was some guy with his pregnant wife in the passenger seat in labor, rushing to the hospital. You never know.

Probably not. But it doesn't matter, cool off before we all kill each other.

(Don't worry, I hate SUV's too. )
    Mods - 87lbs of dynamat and a big dent in my door. Oh yeah and Vishnu stage 0.

I Support ClubWRX
    Same thing happened to me. But it was some ugly B I T CH in a Isuzu Trooper on the way home from work today. I was going the speed limit and she is riding my bumper on a road normally controlled by cops. We get up to a red light, and there are 2 lanes. She gets in the other lane. The one I am in on the right and she is on the left. Up ahead, about a half a block, the road turns into one lane, and I don't want to be stuck behind a POS SUV. I reved the motor till about 3K and we are on a slight upward hill, so the light turns green, I let out the clutch and BOGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Then the motor kicks in, turbo starts to spin, and in no time I am side by side. Her lane ends in about 50 feet, so I punch it and she starts honking at me? Its your lane that's ending. Maybe you should be in my lane in the first place b i t ch. Then she tries to ride my ass. OH NOOOOOO. Kick that bad boy into 2nd and PEACE OUT. I let her pass a couple of miles down the road as the road split into 2 lanes and just smiled at her. I don't mean to be an a$$hole driver, I just hate SUV's.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

rally wannabe wrote the longest post i think i have ever seen on this forum. cool story though

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.