My C6 vs stage 2 WRX...IN THE RAIN... just playing around! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on My C6 vs stage 2 WRX...IN THE RAIN... just playing around! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by elohdaeh78 Sellin your STI to buy a C6 are we? That's a negative. I plan on a ...

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Sellin your STI to buy a C6 are we?
    That's a negative. I plan on a Terminator (03/04 Cobra). That way i will mop up Tommy boy from a dig or roll with just a few cheap mods.

But i have to save some money first for the property I am buying. Then it is killing season.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    That's a negative. I plan on a Terminator (03/04 Cobra). That way i will mop up Tommy boy from a dig or roll with just a few cheap mods.

But i have to save some money first for the property I am buying. Then it is killing season.
    What is a Terminator cobra?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

the 03/04 supercharged cobras were originally called Terminators by Ford SVT when they were being tested. Terminator is their nickname because for the price to power ratio they wipe the floor with everything else.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Hey Slick:, I am already getting an itch for more power and I was just wondering, should I go with a supercharger, or twin-turbo setup? I found a nice blower setup that'll do about 700-800 to the wheels, but I can get a whole lot more from the turbos... like 1100 or so...

What should I do? Thanks in advance!!!

-Tom

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Hey Slick:, I am already getting an itch for more power and I was just wondering, should I go with a supercharger, or twin-turbo setup? I found a nice blower setup that'll do about 700-800 to the wheels, but I can get a whole lot more from the turbos... like 1100 or so...

-Tom

aren't the prices on those insane.

-Tom

That's insane! What the hell are you going to do with that kind of horse on a daily basis? Wow. Can you say 0-60 in one heartattack!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I have heard of turbo vettes pushing 1200 RWHP... That would be absolutely insane. The turbos will give you more peak horsies, but the supercharger will give you a nice flat torque curve which will give you extreme power all over the place. I am sure you could win 99% of all races with the S/C, with that light car and a good 700 rwhp (which should be easy to obtain with the right SC. Plus, depending on how much money you want to spend, the S/C will be sooooo much cheaper. I would say about 5,000-6,000 for a mean SC, and then over 10,000 for the TT, due to fabrication and whatnot.

If you go SC I will have to buy a Kenne Bell SC for my car Then I will be able to keep up, maybe, but not likely.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I have heard of turbo vettes pushing 1200 RWHP... That would be absolutely insane. The turbos will give you more peak horsies, but the supercharger will give you a nice flat torque curve which will give you extreme power all over the place. I am sure you could win 99% of all races with the S/C, with that light car and a good 700 rwhp (which should be easy to obtain with the right SC. Plus, depending on how much money you want to spend, the S/C will be sooooo much cheaper. I would say about 5,000-6,000 for a mean SC, and then over 10,000 for the TT, due to fabrication and whatnot.

If you go SC I will have to buy a Kenne Bell SC for my car Then I will be able to keep up, maybe, but not likely.

Like I said before, lets roll together and focus on destroying others, and not ourselves. We can rule the streets... As long as you dont get an automatic pickup truck you should be able to hang. Sell your STi and get a Cobra. Who says Chevy and ford can't get along?

BTW, whoever has the deepest pockets will always be faster.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Like I said before, lets roll together and focus on destroying others, and not ourselves. We can rule the streets... As long as you dont get an automatic pickup truck you should be able to hang. Sell your STi and get a Cobra. Who says Chevy and ford can't get along?

Well when my wife gets her recording/songwriting contract I'll get an 05-06 ZO6 then we can really start talkin. A 7000rpm 427 with twinturbos........ummmmm ummmm b&^ches!-Samuel Jackson.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Well I have a prospective buyer. All he has to do is come through for me right now.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123