First Race with Wrx

This is a discussion on First Race with Wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've now officially had my first race with my wrx. I was coming back home from H&r Block and saw ...

First Race with Wrx

I've now officially had my first race with my wrx. I was coming back home from H&r Block and saw a mustang. But it had a female in it, but in 2nd gear she took off a little so i sped up to keep up. In my rear view mirror i see HID's appear and speed up. I grew a grin Car sped up and went in the left lane and i look over and see a yellow s2000. Finally i meet a car just 1/8th of a mile from a red light we didn't get to a complete stop before the light was green so at a roll of like 5-10 mph we took off, i instantly gained like 1 1/2 to 2 car lenghts on him. Kept the lead all the way to 85 until he flashed his headlights i must had like 5 car lengths + on him. We slow down to about 50 and go at it again, to about 100 i had about 3-4 car lengths on him. Anyways that was the last of it then he waved at me to pull over. So we stopped at the gas station and talked. He was only stock s2000 he was cool and i found he lives just a couple miles away from me. It was fun, illegal as hell but fun
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unless you're modified.
    2002 Subaru WRX JBP

0-60? Oh hell yeah!!!

look at my profile
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

nice kill...from 5mph roll they have no torque at all for a long time so perfect for you..i'm surprised a s2k driver would race like that..usually they wanna go like 2nd gear 50-60ish or 25 in 1st
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Ya thats what he was saying when we talked, "torque on these suck" He's getting his engine sleeved and slapping a turbo. I told him to let me see it when he's done. It'll be a nice ride. Oh ya the only mod he did have was a catback but we all know that does squat
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by I8urSRT4

Unless you're modified.

I beat one from a 5 mph roll up to about 70 mph by about 3 cars. They have nothing (at least the older ones, haven't raced the newer ones yet)) when they're in the low rpm range and out of vtec.

i agree....VTEC is their bread and butter and if you catch them out of that range you should be able to stay ahead of it...even with a stock wrx...though i will say im a fan of its styling...very sleek looking little roadster!

Ya thats what he was saying when we talked, "torque on these suck"
    its funny you said that b/c i spoke with a slightly modified s2k driver who also said the same thing

I use to have an s2k and torque did suck but it wasn't that big of a deal, just get it up to like 20+mph and you can stay in vtec all day long. I hope to get my chance racing an s2k soon, but I might need some mods to take it first .
    Ben
    2005 Crystal Gray REX W/Premium Package
    TurboXS Stealthback
    XXTuning headers + up-pipe
    Short Shifter
    Momo Airmetal Leather Shift Knob

Pictures | My Site

those are gutless iv driven plenty. stock rex's would wail on older ones from a dig, but into the high range you would get passed like you were standing still. weight always prevails.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Quote Originally Posted by .:.Steve.8o4.:.
    though i will say im a fan of its styling...very sleek looking little roadster!
    I do agree, they are sleek. They can look real nice if an owner doesn't Rice it up
    Bugeye MafiaThe Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by TXSnEj20
    I do agree, they are sleek. They can look real nice if an owner doesn't Rice it up
    siting in one is like sitting in a boat. the doors are way to high. I would rather be driving a z3 or a miata any day of the week.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

It is hard to believe with mods you have. You will need stage 4+ to pull that many car lengths (3-4 car lengths between 50-100mph) on S2000. Stock S2000 traps close to 99-100mph.