WRX V.S. Mustang Saleen s281
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX V.S. Mustang Saleen s281 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I was driving home today form my sisters house and see a mustang on my tail. A min later ...

WRX V.S. Mustang Saleen s281

Well I was driving home today form my sisters house and see a mustang on my tail. A min later we get to a red light and I find out that this is a Saleen that Iím dealing with from all the Saleen signs it has on it. Well we raced a total of 5 times from about 0-90 every time from a red light. I won 3 out of the 5 races. The reason I lost the first two is because he would launch first, but I knew that I could beat him because I would be gaining on him the entire race. The last 3 times I had more then a car length on him by the time we hit 80-90Mph. My car is a Cobb stage 2. From what I could tell he was stock. Anyway I feel pretty good now, because I bagged a GT back when I was stage 1 and a Saleen @ stage 2. Only the Cobra left. How fast are Saleens supposed to be anyway? Here is a pic of how the one I raced looks like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  
    Last edited by PowerWRX; 01-12-2005 at 10:29 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unless they are the Supercharged Saleens, the S281e (which would have blown your doors off, they have about 400 hp), they just are regular Mustangs GTs with Body kits, rims, decals and maybe a different exhaust. Also, it could possibly have been a meathead with a regular stang that stickered his up to look like a saleen. They are basically uber expensive Mustang GTs. Look at the 05s on ebay right now, w/o any engine performance upgrades, they are $42k! About 16K more that the GTs, rediculous. But they do look super fricken sweet.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

99-04 saleen mustangs are supercharged, my cousin has 1 down the so cal. 365hp/365trq stock.. hes got basic bolt ons and is runing 12.4's@112 at lacr

My friend has one. Its 4.6 supercharged. I dought you raced a supercharged saleen. He pulls me from a roll pretty hard. Anyway he's got about 400hp. Good luck with the 03-04 cobra. 427whp with exaust, chip, and pulley
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    99-04 saleen mustangs are supercharged, my cousin has 1 down the so cal. 365hp/365trq stock.. hes got basic bolt ons and is runing 12.4's@112 at lacr
    Not all of them are blown. THere are three stages, I think the first is a V6 with the cosmetic mods, stage 2 is a stock GT 2V with cosmetic mods, and stage 3 is a supercharged 4.6L 2V.
    2002 WRX Sedan
    Aspen White 5MT... bone stock

Yeah not all are S/C'd. There is the S281 (GT engine) which is basically just body kit and rims.
    S281SC- S/C'd usally power in the mid 300's like the 365 said before.
    S281E- E for Extreme, S/C'd they have a little over 400 HP and are the kings of Saleens and are really nice too.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    Yeah not all are S/C'd. There is the S281 (GT engine) which is basically just body kit and rims.
    S281SC- S/C'd usally power in the mid 300's like the 365 said before.
    S281E- E for Extreme, S/C'd they have a little over 400 HP and are the kings of Saleens and are really nice too.
    I kindof like the tail pipes out the center back. nice car.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you ran a stock S281 i'll shake your hand for beating a MILD bolt on gt that has more suspension work done then anything else.

The S/C S281 would have left you standing once it caught tracion and the S281E (E= Extream) Would have also left you standing. The S281E's are blown and they have a little kick in the pants. The "plain" S/C ones are just what the 4.6 needed from the factory.

If you ever find yourself at a light against a S351 I wouldnt try unless it's raining outside.

99 specs
    S281 made 285 hp SOHC 4.6
    S281 S/C (Roots type eaton = great power band) 350 hp
    S351 S/c made 495 hp also had a six speed tranny.

This stayed the same till 01 when Steve made the SR model vary rare with 505 hp 0-60 4 flat and stand 1.09 G's skid pad.

Saleen also built "cobra" editions saleens those years which had the basic 4.6 4V motor and came with exhaust.

Odds are you raced a stock s281 which isnt a bad race for a stage 2 rex....and yes I do know to much about mustangs
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Haha a guy I work with has a convertible saleen that's blown. He's pushing 475WHP right now and it sounds like a fighter jet when he gets on it I love it.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Usually the supercharged ones have a little plate on the back near the taillights advertising them as being supercharged.

Was it a supercharged Saleen because those are a beast of a different nature? Lots of Saleens out there not many supercharged Saleens.

Wow back from the dead 6 years old!!!!!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dwill9578 View Post
    Wow back from the dead 6 years old!!!!!
    Zombie Thread!
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

AHHHHHHH!!!
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

mega bump for sure. holy crap.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.