EVO vs 5.0 Rustang on Slicks

This is a discussion on EVO vs 5.0 Rustang on Slicks within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, i'm out getting the oil for the 3k change over in my U-turn lane minding my own little buisness ...

EVO vs 5.0 Rustang on Slicks

So, i'm out getting the oil for the 3k change over in my U-turn lane minding my own little buisness not even paying attention to the Rustang in front of me. Light turns green and the stang does a huge burnout infront of my car which makes me laugh. We slowly make the U-turn and he waits for me so I know its on. I line up next to him going pretty slow when he guns it. AWD and 333WHP instantly throws a halfcar on him. Run the gears to just a little into 3rd where I've placed a good car on him, and right when the butt whipping was gonna start we had to slow down cause of traffic. His pax was starring me down hard looking in disbelief but oh well I just wish we could of continued so I could of added another car length.

And as a side note today was the first time I've ever used Redline(10w-30) in any of my cars and i'm kicking myself in the pants for not changing over sooner. I always used Mobil 1 5w-30 in the WRX and it was great oil but this Redline is outstanding I've never had any car purr so nice.

GG Stang

staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know how you can use the term rustang when mitsubishi is the ford of japan
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

and subaru is the chevy of japan?
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

J-H
    Yugo' are the benz's over there and Renault are the BMW's (exotic)

Sorry, too funny...

Nice kill though....were did you find your deer? I can't find them here in San Diego...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Nice Kill!! used redline oil on my Turbo Talon and love it, but now i m using royal purple and i think it is just as good.
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3
    Nice Kill!! used redline oil on my Turbo Talon and love it, but now i m using royal purple and i think it is just as good.
    So the mobil 1 is not as good as the red line or royal purple? Now you got me wanting to try them.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by ForPointSex
    I don't know how you can use the term rustang when mitsubishi is the ford of japan
    I really want a 04 SVT cobra. To bad i'm saving for a house Otherwise I would own one. Rustang or not the new cobra is bad A$$ wait for the 06

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    So the mobil 1 is not as good as the red line or royal purple? Now you got me wanting to try them.
    Honestly, i think they are all almost the same. No need to waste money on more expensive oil. Regular oil change is the key to engine's long life.
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

I can promise you that my engine now runs smoother through all RPMS and idles ALOT smoother with redline compared to Mobil 1 (10w-30). And if you shop around you can find redline for about 50 more cents a quart than Mobil. Just a thought and I recommned you to try it just once
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3
    Honestly, i think they are all almost the same. No need to waste money on more expensive oil. Regular oil change is the key to engine's long life.
    Im changing my oil every 2500 miles. how about you guys? Its seems to get real dark after 2500 miles

Yeah i'm religous at the 3,000 mark. And on every oil change while I have it on the lift I always check the condition of my tranny fluid, reardiff, and transfer case. And on the 3rd oil change I always change the tranny fluid. BG Syncro Shift is so awesome, I love this stuff!!
    --
    Provehito In Altum