WRX vs Mustang 03-04?

This is a discussion on WRX vs Mustang 03-04? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today on the way to work, a mustang made it a point to get right behind me as the road ...

WRX vs Mustang 03-04?

Today on the way to work, a mustang made it a point to get right behind me as the road narrowed from 2 lanes to 1. He followed me pretty close for about 2 miles, and the road opens up again to 2 lanes. I was ready, and passed the car in front of me as the lanes opened up, merge right, so he has plenty of room in the empty fast lane. I dropped a gear into third, and wait on him. He nails it as soon as I was out of the way, so he was coming on hard. I hit third as he was coming around me, his rear at about my front bumper. I pulled to just past his front bumper, and shift to 4th and wait to see if he still wants to go. As he did not let up, and pulled to my front bumper again, and my 4th pulls me again past his front bumper. His girlfriend is cute, I got a good look. At 100, I let off about a hood length ahead, and let him merge in front of me. A fun commute to work. I had initially thought that this was a GT, as it looked like it, but my WRX is mostly stock, and I pulled pretty easily.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

He had an extra passenger so thats probably why it was pretty even. The GT will walk a stock wrx from a higher speed roll by a little bit.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    A stock GT isnt too fast but it's a lot faster from a roll than a stockish WRX...Maybe he didnt downshift to 3rd...?
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    A stock GT isnt too fast but it's a lot faster from a roll than a stockish WRX...Maybe he didnt downshift to 3rd...?
    I agree... a stock GT should walk a wrx from a roll. Maybe it was a V6 mustang??
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I also thought this was not going to be the outcome that it was. I just thought that it would be fun to play on the way to work, which it was. I would have thought that a GT would have been much better from a roll. I was hoping to catch a stoplight, but you can't have everything go right!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate