Mustang GT vs WRX: if you can't beat it...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mustang GT vs WRX: if you can't beat it... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I found this post on StangNet forum: " target="_blank">http://forums.stangnet.com/showthrea...rrerid=0<br /> Seems like the only way to beat scooby is to ...

Mustang GT vs WRX: if you can't beat it...

I found this post on StangNet forum:
    http://forums.stangnet.com/showthrea...rrerid=0<br />

Seems like the only way to beat scooby is to impress a "scary" salesman with a "mighty roar of great v-8"

If this link doesn't work, here's a full copy:

Funny story about a GT VS WRX..... AWD turbo, or stylish American muscle??
    I am cruising around a big auto mall in So. Cali in my brothers Civic, and I pass a Subaru dealership and see a badass looking black 01 GT sitting there for $18,900 with about 19K miles. I go out to check it out to find the following mods: Eibach pro-kit lowering springs, Magnaflow mufflers with custom tips, Mac CAI, custom alarm, full blue neon interior with the flip of a switch, Pioneer head unit, tinted windows, custom grill, Short shifter, and I pop the trunk to find a full decked out sound system back there. To say the car was badass is an understatement.

So I go to the front to see if there are any salesman, and look at some ugly azz WRX's in the way. The salesman comes and I start BS'ing about how I am looking for a "high performance" car, so he says I should drive an "extremely fast" WRX. The launch on the car was pretty nice, and it felt pretty quick, my GT feels a little faster once the launch is all said and done, however I wouldn't be surprised if the WRX beat my 3700 pound (with driver) auto 98 GT.

Next I wanna drive the GT, so I ask if it's as fast as the WRX, and he says "not quite, but it is pretty quick, I'm sure it's close. He's never driven in a GT before. Coming out of the lot I STOMP the baby and show what torque is, busting sideways freaking him out. I slam it into second, and start hauling with him holding the door for his dear life only to say "hey slow down dude, your goin a little fast", so I let off the gas, then MASH it hard to feel the awesome torquey pull of the car. He is literraly scared, and when hitting second the salesman would almost crap his pants every time.

All this boils down to one question for him (I am asking this while maniacally driving): So, now that you've ridden in a GT, what's faster?? his response: This is DEFINETELY faster, I've never felt a WRX pull that hard, Geezus I didn't think GT's were like that, this thing is a monster!!

Well I did my good deed for the day
    Last edited by vz64; 09-08-2002 at 09:59 PM.
    2005 CGM STi
    2002 WRX Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

they're all idiots....
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

I am a bit confused...I click on the link and see a post about some guy wrecking his GT. Perhaps it's just me...../needs sleep

Originally posted by JDMCivic
    I am a bit confused...I click on the link and see a post about some guy wrecking his GT. Perhaps it's just me...../needs sleep
    Oh. my fault... I edited the link so it should work now...
    Vlad
    2005 CGM STi
    2002 WRX Wagon

i guess tire spin and going sideways equals fast....
    '02 Sedan Black (MT)

hey..i have driven more than a few nice mustangs, and i know exactly what that guy is talkin about. They are nasty if thrown a few mods. They throw you back harder than a stock wrx for sure. They just handle like crap and build quality is sketchy.

Mustang GT:
    0-60 in 5.4
    1/4 in 14 @ 100
    (MT, June 2001)

WRX:
    0-60 in 5.4
    1/4 in 14.1 @ 96
    (C&D, Oct 2001)

The Mustang is a great drag car. IME, though, it sounds and feels more impressive than it is. It ROARS, especially with an aftermarket exhaust, and all that torque makes it feel like you're being launched from an aircraft carrier. But in the end, a nice quiet WRX is close enough in performance that it'll come down to driver skill every time, stock vs stock in a drag race. The only power mods apparent on this example were intake and exhaust, probably good 15 or so hp, but also good for lots more noise to scare salesmen with. Stupid salesmen. Too bad they couldn't have seen both cars at an autocross.
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

WRX vs stang gt???

no contest!! i used to have a stock gt, and i now own a stock wrx, and there is no contest. yeah i thought it was all cool that i could peel out w/ a stang, but acceleration drops off after 4000 rpms, when torque suffers, but thats just when the turbo kicks in on the wrx. 0-60 ft, yeah the stang kills the wrx, but 0-60 mph, and the quarter mile, that turbo REALLY gives the wrx the edge, even if it is a relativly small turbo. give me a wrx ANYDAY!!!

The stang beats the rex in the 60'? Um, that seems off. MAYBE with super sticky tires, the stang would win. I think you have it backwards. The WRX would easily take the mustang in the 60', and the mustang would start pulling in the 1/4 mile. AWD beats RWD everytime in the 60'.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

Yes, fear the AWD Launch.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Yep, then I pull in with my pulled hose, resonator velocity stack w/ drop in filter modded WRX and lay a smack down on that mildly modded GT.

Still like american V8 muscle though; just in a sportier chassis or a 4x4 truck.

i may sound like a troll but im v-8 ego killa in that thread guy just really pissed me off its not hard to scare a dealer who has no nuts. hope yall dont feel like i gave a bad name to rexs every where its just that im not impressed with stangs especialy gt's camaro ss and t\a ws6 are what worry me at the track. only red necks and kids think there stangs are fast here . either they go 14.5 + or they go 9.0 theres no medium here in o town. and they called our car a typical 4 banger with a turbo said it would be the same as a turbo focus. i even after this pic of our engine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boxer01.jpg  
    02 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #37

I read that entire post and I don't think you were confrontational or out of line at all JT Money. Some of those guys seem real ignorant to that fact that our cars are engineered so well and our engine is so advanced, and some of them just don't like cars that aren't American made and never will. I personally found the post that said stock GT's run 13.4 funny, c'mon we all know that's garbage. I was going to sign-on that forum and back you up a little but considering what happened to me on this forum a few weeks ago I didn't want to start any $hit.

If that "Bullitt" person regularly visits Bradenton Speedway then he should know first hand that WRX's are fast because Blackshadow is there a lot.

I think it's pretty funny to see people break off with the typical "WRX's look like a$$" statement when they don't have any educated reasons for putting down the WRX. I personally don't like Mustangs, they are almost as common as Civics, I see them everywhere and most of the time women are driving them.

I don't think you did any injustice to this board, ignorance is ignorance and clearly some of those guys are. We need to have another meet at Bradenton when the weather/humidity cools down and post it on the Stang.net forum and see how many show up.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

all that mustang had was exhaust and CAI, and a crap load of useless stereo equipment to add weight. Really just a domestic rice stang.
    Mustang is very torquey off the line tho, a friend of mine has a 01' GT manual and it hauls. Much faster than the 01' GT auto.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by jt money
    i may sound like a troll but im v-8 ego killa in that thread guy just really pissed me off its not hard to scare a dealer who has no nuts. hope yall dont feel like i gave a bad name to rexs every where its just that im not impressed with stangs especialy gt's camaro ss and t\a ws6 are what worry me at the track. only red necks and kids think there stangs are fast here . either they go 14.5 + or they go 9.0 theres no medium here in o town. and they called our car a typical 4 banger with a turbo said it would be the same as a turbo focus. i even after this pic of our engine
    Wow...I don't think we've ever made fun of a car manufacturer's name by saying it was hysterical...that's some real ignorant crap right there.

Props for standing up for us
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.