Mustang GT vs WRX: if you can't beat it... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Mustang GT vs WRX: if you can't beat it... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; thanks for keepin my back! just trin to make em relize what the new revolution is . wrx 4 life ...

thanks for keepin my back! just trin to make em relize what the new revolution is .
    wrx 4 life they only wish there car could do this and not end up like that car in road trip

ps we need more smileys you guys see theres
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails big air.jpg  
    02 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #37

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am surprised those guys dragged themselves away from their Old Milwaukee and sister long enough to learn how to use a computer. It is amazing how little someone can know and be so proud. I am pretty much stock, i have raced alot of mustangs on the freeway. I must say I am 50/50 when it comes to wins/losses. No torque my a$$

Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Root
    I am surprised those guys dragged themselves away from their Old Milwaukee and sister long enough to learn how to use a computer. It is amazing how little someone can know and be so proud.
    oh man that owned LOL
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Could someone please go on there and post a mid 13 second timeslip if they have one. It seems to be the only language they understand. They keep referring to us as Riceboys.

edit: I just registered on Stang.net. These boys need educated!
    Last edited by Flyboy; 09-13-2002 at 06:15 AM.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

I finally went through and read the entire thread. To sum it all up: there are a few guys who seem to be level headed and aren't caught up in the "my car is better than any other car out there, period" attitude. The other guys are just idiots.

There are people on every car enthusiast board who think that the particular cars represented by that board are the best in the world. It's a very shallow view of what's out there, and there is nothing that you or I could say that will convince them otherwise. They'll get beat by "whatever" and come back with some excuse to explain it away. They are always "right" and everybody else is always "wrong". I prefer to let them live in there dream world and one day reality will catch up (and probably body check 'em).
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Originally posted by WRXed
    I finally went through and read the entire thread. To sum it all up: there are a few guys who seem to be level headed and aren't caught up in the "my car is better than any other car out there, period" attitude. The other guys are just idiots.

There are people on every car enthusiast board who think that the particular cars represented by that board are the best in the world. It's a very shallow view of what's out there, and there is nothing that you or I could say that will convince them otherwise. They'll get beat by "whatever" and come back with some excuse to explain it away. They are always "right" and everybody else is always "wrong". I prefer to let them live in there dream world and one day reality will catch up (and probably body check 'em).
    That's why I cited the thread! Imaging slightly modified scinerio, the guy walking into Pontiac dealership:

"So I go to the front to see if there are any salesman, and look at some ugly azz SS's in the way; I also spotted a beautiful Cobra. The salesman comes and I start BS'ing about how I am looking for a "high performance" car, so he says I should drive an "extremely fast" SS . ...
    Next I wanna drive the Cobra, so I ask if it's as fast as the SS, and he says "not quite, but it is pretty quick, I'm sure it's close. He's never driven in a Cobra before. Coming out of the lot I STOMP the baby and show what torque is, busting sideways freaking him out. I slam it into second, and start hauling with him holding the door for his dear life only to say "hey slow down dude, your goin a little fast", so I let off the gas, then MASH it hard to feel the awesome torquey pull of the car. He is literraly scared, and when hitting second the salesman would almost crap his pants every time. ... "

I mean, how you can scare someone with a compatible performance-wise car? But, surprisingly, most of the responses are of a "great story!!!" type. Thankfully, I am not reading this kind of bs on this board. And, all those blinking smilies
    on stangNet - no offence, but they make it look like a cheap XXX site...
    Vlad
    2005 CGM STi
    2002 WRX Wagon

Two words:

Live Axle

It's a frickin Ford Fairmont-based P.O.S.

haha..thats stangnet for you....plenty of morons on there

WRXs are nice but i would probably buy an AWD DSM over a WRX
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

LOL, this TARD is talking about Subaru of Thousand Oaks. I saw the same GT there when i bought my car a month or so ago. For starters it WAS NOT lowered, it just had the eibach sticker on the sideskirt, second, it didnt have exhaust! This kid is definately an ass and if he wants to meet up and see how fast his new jewel is im definately down, if anyone registered on that forum feels like it tell him to join here and PM me, he's obviously local. Anyway, he needs to either sack up or shut up
    '02 WRX as of 8/2
    WR Blue Exterior
    -STi Short Shifter
    -Injen CAI in Blue
    -TXS H-RFL BOV

hey guys,

just my thoughts from this weekend since I got to test a Z28 bullet, and a WRX. the Z28 and bullit handle like boats and dont feel fastin the high regions of the tach. after the dealer took me for a drive as well as my personal test drive of the WRX I got sick as hell. All that cornering and accelrating I am not use to.

WRX is better in ever way to any american muscle. I guess thats why there will no longer be a transmarobird.

build quality blows, insurance and gass millage sux, no wonder they are a dying breed.

jason b
    Registered Members: 1944
    Welcome to our newest member, GTRsi

wow guys i read all 6 pages and posted since i own a mustang also my 1st car...they sounded so dumb....but whatever..i posted a reply and hopefully it will bring some sense to them since i do own both.....blueovalracing3 is me on there...mike00gt is local to me maybe i should give him a challenge..but i'm stock i'll wait till i have a few mods huh...
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

He is used to driving mustangs so he could probably have launched it better. I'm sure if he drove WRX's, he would've done a great launch on that, and when he got in the Stang, might have done a mediocre one. That's what I think, at least. Every car is different. OOOH NEON INTERIOR LIGHTS!!!!!

-Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12