New Competition - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Competition within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; there have been about 3 thread on this in the last week or so. I am really interested in how ...

there have been about 3 thread on this in the last week or so.

I am really interested in how this car will do. I am not a big american car fan, but nonetheless it looks like a really nice car for its price and that trap speed is pretty remarkable. I think this car has a lot to prove, but from the looks of it I think it will accomplish all that it has set out to do.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The car is a great idea, but don't they want $22,000 for the car? Should be under $20k like the SRT4.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

Price

Quote Originally Posted by ForPointSex
    The car is a great idea, but don't they want $22,000 for the car? Should be under $20k like the SRT4.
    I beleive the Cobalt SS is priced at 23K and if you want the LSD on it, it's another grand. Ford needs to step it up now with a Beefed up Focus like the Cosworth or something like it, because in this category of cars, they are being left in the Dust!

Also, Toyota and Nissan have dropped the HP laws they had, and are now free to up HP on there cars. Look at Infiniti with the G35, 300hp, they were the first to make the move. Lets see what Toyota does with the Celica?
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    I beleive the Cobalt SS is priced at 23K and if you want the LSD on it, it's another grand. Ford needs to step it up now with a Beefed up Focus like the Cosworth or something like it, because in this category of cars, they are being left in the Dust!

Also, Toyota and Nissan have dropped the HP laws they had, and are now free to up HP on there cars. Look at Infiniti with the G35, 300hp, they were the first to make the move. Lets see what Toyota does with the Celica?
    If the japanese small cars are going to step up to the plate, they better bring some big servings of torque. That is what will bring them to the doors!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS

I think Ford will soon intorduce its awd euro version of the focus

Yeah, but the hp treaty was never really followed anyways. All they did was put 276 on paper, but several cars were making about 300 but they advertised 276. I think a full on war is about to arupt over there.

Toyota no longer makes the Celica.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I think Ford will soon intorduce its awd euro version of the focus

Yeah, but the hp treaty was never really followed anyways. All they did was put 276 on paper, but several cars were making about 300 but they advertised 276. I think a full on war is about to arupt over there.

Toyota no longer makes the Celica.
    I didn't know about the Celica, thanks for the 411 Bro. Besides the Supra coming out, you know whats taking the Celicas place?
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

I really like the Cobalt SS. The round tailights remind me a lot of an R34 Skyline. I done a little research about the car as well. Motor Trend claims that torque steer is very minimal which is nice. I drove an SRT4 and I would've ended up in the ditch in a hurry with all that torque steer. The Cobalt SS is stock at 12 psi which does seem pretty high for a stock supercharger. I really hope Chevy puts some serious support behind this thing aka Mopar and the SRT4. General Motors is doing things right recently with such cars as the CTS-v. Someday I'll own that car, someday. I think the Cobalt SS is a great performer for the money and I look forward to a test drive in one when they get to dealerships. That being said, I would never trade my WRX for a wrong wheel drive car.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Just because it was bugging me...

last I checked, Z71 package was an offroad package for GM Trucks, not a suspension package for the Corvette.

You may be thinking Z06.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

Actually, it's the Z51 suspension package on the new Corvettes. Here's a quote from the current Motor Trend, "In testing, the Cobalt SS is the fastest regular-production front-drive car through the slaloms we've tested in three years, rocking through the cones even faster than the new Corvette Z51." The Motor Trend test numbers were 0-60 in 6.0, 1/4 mile in 14.5 @ 98.2, braking 60-0 in 115 ft, 0.89 g on the skidpad, and 69 mph in the 600 ft slalom. Personally, I think those are some very impressive numbers. Especially for a stock front-drive car with only 205 hp.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

I am really looking forward to this car going on sale. I love that Chevy went with the super charger route and not a turbo. I think these are going to be pretty quick cars and give a stock WRX a real run for its money. I am anxious to see if the mod community embrasses this car and if they do I see it being a very promising little performer. As someon else said its a great time to be a sport compact car enthusiast. I just hope Subaru / Mitsu / and all our other big players have a few aces up there sleeve that will end up making the Cobalt and SRT-4 appear to be very slow straight from the factory and at the same time keep the prices low like we see now. I'm calling for the WRX to get the 2.5liter and about 265hp, and for them to beef up the STI And on the side of Mitsu its high time we get an FQ 400
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.