Bentley Continental GT Kill

This is a discussion on Bentley Continental GT Kill within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yep...couldn't believe it myself. If you don't know about this car (like myself) here is some information: http://www.europeancarweb.com/firstlook/0402ec_bentley/ Here's the ...

I Support ClubWRX

Bentley Continental GT Kill

Yep...couldn't believe it myself.

If you don't know about this car (like myself) here is some information:

http://www.europeancarweb.com/firstlook/0402ec_bentley/

Here's the scoop.

Heading home from the airport, and entered a section of road that grows from two lanes in my direction, to 3 lanes, with the new lane being the lane on the right to allow cars to enter into a shopping complex on the right, or go straight. I was actually intending on going into this shopping center to pick up some books, but forgot that the right lane appears just over a hill before the shopping center, so I got caught in the center lane at a light that occurs just after the new lane appears.
    So I'm sitting there, not too worried about getting into the right lane since it is still empty. Just as the light gets ready to turn green, I see these headlights come up on my right. Still not worried, since I know I can usually get around someone with the nice launch the STi can provide.
    Light turns green, and out of the corner of my eye, I can see a silver car, with what looks like Mercedes Benz headlights in profile. I don't launch hard, just pull away average. I see the silver car start to acclerate also, as he is keeping pace. I fully expected to leap away, but this car is staying right even.
    So of course, I know whats up, and nail it to the floor, and quickly bang through 2nd and into 3rd, just beating the rev limiter each time. The car stayed right with me until midway through 2nd, and into the upper part of 3rd, where I finally got about a car length on him (his lights were at my rear quarter/bumper). Still not enough room to get over though, and there is traffic coming up so I start to slow down. He does too, and then turns right into the same road I was going to turn into. I get over into the right lane, and take the next right, which is the other entrance to the same shopping center. I'm just putting along at this point, and sure enough, I see the car pass me from the other direction and for the life of me couldn't figure out what it was. Not an MB, almost like a 300C, but rear quarters like a mustang (at least that's what it looked like in passing). I parked, and watched him wheel around to a restaurant, then take up 2 spots to park.
    I wandered over to see what exactly it was that was so quick, and immediately saw a big "B" on the trunk. The driver was just getting out and he saw me looking at the car. I asked him what it was and he said Bentley Continental GT. I was like "hmmmm...that thing is extremely quick". He says "Well, it's got a Twin Turbo V-12 with 551 HP, so yeah, I guess it is". My jaw must have dropped, because he started chuckling". Then he says "Only problem is everyone and their mother wants to race me". I say "So have you tried it out yet", and he says "Nah...not much on the road out there that could take me so why bother". I started chuckling then, and he asks what was so funny. I say "Did you just see a car with a big ole wing on the back...from the rear"? He goes "Was that you...man that car was faaaaaaaast". I said yeah it was mine. He was pretty kewl about it. Told me he had it floored, and couldn't get past me. I didn't point out that it was little worse than that, as at that point I realized if it had gone any longer, he would've likely left me in his vacuum.
    I did some checking when I got home. Here's some numbers and a pic: Bentley quotes a 198-mph top speed and 4.7 sec. to 60 mph, but it is the mid-range performance that is so inspiring: 30 to 50 mph in 1.8 sec. and 50 to 70 mph in 3.2 sec. are impressive. It produces 551 bhp at 6100 rpm and 480 lb-ft of torque at 1600 rpm, and it's connected to a six-speed auto 'box with lock-up on each ratio so each change is as satisfyingly crisp as a manual's. 19" tires and 5,258 lbs. 300K price tag
    Anyway, thats my story and I'm sticking to it. I bet I'm the first, and probably the last to claim a kill on one of these!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0402ec_bentley10_s.jpg  
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 01-09-2005 at 06:03 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

-just to make you happy-

jk....awesome kill
    WuDekStyle: i took the meanest **** at work today, i created an island there was so much nastiness
    WuDekStyle: i felt like a wild animal
    Official Cinematographer for the Bugeye Mafia

damm thats a sweet car .
    nice kill.

nice!!
    what?

My boss has one. Its a decent car, very piggish though. Not fast until you are over 100MPH. Nice kill.
    -Marc

p.s. They dont cost any where near $300,000. They are all under $200,000. Its the poor mans Bentley.
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

hmmm... nice kill.... but I do find it hard to understand how a stock GT would be only even with an STi from a roll I know those things definitely trap higher than 103mph.. so what gives???

They definitely are TeH WiN!! though! as PIMP as it gets these days!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

According to Road and Track, the Bentley runs a 12.9@110.2MPH, making it well, A LOT faster than a STi on the highway. I can also vouch, like I said before, it is a monster up-top, and clearly faster than a STi. However, like all of us here, we know anything is possible on the street. It's also likely that a large percent of Bentley owners are not the world's greatest drivers, so that is understandable! Anyway, I'm not usually one who would call BS on a story like this, especially since this is such a high profile car. So once again, I say nice kill...
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

the hemi 300c can take it according to some magazines now...
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

I Support ClubWRX
    Like I said...couldn't believe it myself.

However, if your read it carefully, we only got to the top of my 3rd gear, and I only had about a car on him. Another gear and I'm sure he would have went on by. Thanks for the views and congrats. I get kills all the time but rarely post them, as I expect to win against the majority of cars out there so don't really find it a big deal. It's not often you get to run against a TT 12 though....and then win to top it off. Heh!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Like I said...couldn't believe it myself.

However, if your read it carefully, we only got to the top of my 3rd gear, and I only had about a car on him. Another gear and I'm sure he would have went on by. Thanks for the views and congrats. I get kills all the time but rarely post them, as I expect to win against the majority of cars out there so don't really find it a big deal. It's not often you get to run against a TT 12 though....and then win to top it off. Heh!
    I think I can understand it though now, thinking about my friend and his modded Acura TL-s (Comptech intake, header, pulley)

From a roll at any speed, he is always toast (320whp against an estimated 240whp for him). But when we run from a stop, he always puts up a good fight, and can sometimes get ahead of me until the speeds get higher, and the whp starts comming into play (I insist on not launching my car). So I can see how cars that are technically supposed to be slower can give the faster car a hard time. Especially with the STi's crazy low and tight gearing.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Nice kill! That's freakin awesome!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Yeah their quick cars. They actually cost around $250,000. My friend's dad actually has one. I'm still waiting for the day that I beat it With that kind of money I would've rather gone with a Porsche.
    2005 CGM STi

I bet you that a RSX-S can take it up top! You know those fast ivtec and their bolt-ons... PURE OWNAGE!!!
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    I bet you that a RSX-S can take it up top! You know those fast ivtec and their bolt-ons... PURE OWNAGE!!!
    hehe...reminds me of a DVD I saw yesterday that I almost bought just so I could scan the front....titled "ROARING VTEC".
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

damn YBNormal good run!!....just seeing one on the road would be enough to give me goosebumps but to race one...and BEAT IT, i would feel like i was on top of the car world at that moment....imagine just for a second what the potential of that car is with a turbo upgrade ...awsome kill

They definitely are TeH WiN!! though! as PIMP as it gets these days!
    i would have to say the phantom RR is the ultimate pimp ride right now...the bently GT is so damn popular b/c its waiting list...sence its hard to find everyone wants one that can afford it...ive only seen one in person but it was on the showroom at a local tuner shop who deals with highline cars such as that