02 wrx VS. lightning

This is a discussion on 02 wrx VS. lightning within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok so finally i got somethign to smile about. last night i was coming home from hangin out w/ some ...

02 wrx VS. lightning

ok so finally i got somethign to smile about. last night i was coming home from hangin out w/ some friends and as i'm drivin i pass a ford lighting. than i see him weaving in and out of traffic tryin to catch up. than he rides next to me staring in the whole time just hittin the gas and jumpin ahead. but we were in traffic so i paid him no attention. anyhow we get down the road a mile or so and the traffic had either turned or caught the light that we stoped way early 4 as soon as it turned yellow. the passenger in the truck is out the window lets go. race us. i just looked at him like aah ok i guess so . hahaha anyways light turned green. hes spinnin the hell out of his tires and i let the turbo spool up and i am gone. he caught up a lil in second he was at my back wheels. but once i shifted into third i pulled about a car length on him and pulled more when i shifted into 4th. we prob shut down at around 100. well i did he just gave me a ricer fly by and stayed at like 100 till i could barley see him anymore than he turned. that will make him think twice about tryin to bully wrx's agian. awd ownes haha. oh by the way i'm stock w/ the exception of a turboxs axle back. so basically i'm stock.

cliff notes- lightning pulled up next to me at a light wanted to race. we went. i launched awesome and continued to pull on him till 100.
    Last edited by 1fastrex; 01-10-2005 at 12:36 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh i 4got it was the older body style. i know they arn't as fast as the newer ones but i thought it might of been a lil closer than that

i dunno about that...maybe hes just a crappy driver...but those "lightnings" arent to be taken "lightly" *tumbleweeds*
    WuDekStyle: i took the meanest **** at work today, i created an island there was so much nastiness
    WuDekStyle: i felt like a wild animal
    Official Cinematographer for the Bugeye Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastrex
    ok so finally i got somethign to smile about. last night i was coming home from hangin out w/ some friends and as i'm drivin i pass a ford lighting. than i see him weaving in and out of traffic tryin to catch up. than he rides next to me staring in the whole time just hittin the gas and jumpin ahead. but we were in traffic so i paid him no attention. anyhow we get down the road a mile or so and the traffic had either turned or caught the light that we stoped way early 4 as soon as it turned yellow. the passenger in the truck is out the window lets go. race us. i just looked at him like aah ok i guess so . hahaha anyways light turned green. hes spinnin the hell out of his tires and i let the turbo spool up and i am gone. he caught up a lil in second he was at my back wheels. but once i shifted into third i pulled about a car length on him and pulled more when i shifted into 4th. we prob shut down at around 100. well i did he just gave me a ricer fly by and stayed at like 100 till i could barley see him anymore than he turned. that will make him think twice about tryin to bully wrx's agian. awd ownes haha. oh by the way i'm stock w/ the exception of a turboxs axle back. so basically i'm stock.
    The lightening is probably faster then your car, but with a good launch and him spinning the tires with and extra passenger its very likely that he wouldn't catch you. Good kill
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

The older ones weren't supercharged. The '99 lightnings were and they run a 14.4, the next year, '00 they were faster and run a 13.8. As for the older ones I'm assuming they are a high 14, low 15 sec truck.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

i had a passenger too. but my launch was damn near perfect and i kept pullin the rest of the time

Great kill! When I had my WRX I raced a newer one that was super charged and beat him by a few cars with my STG 2 setup. The guys wife was so pissed she let him spend like 5K into the truck and omg its now a beast.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

I Support ClubWRX
    The first gen with the 351 in them wasnt really that great. You did get a newer set of crappy heads and an Alum. intake....but it really wasnt a powerful truck...for it's day through it could walk one of chevy's stupid SS 454 pick'm trucks

The newer one are monsters stock and can be monsters modded.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

gessus, How are you guys beating those Lightning that easy. They are pretty fast. drop a cam in, pulley, injectors and a chip and they go very very well.
    anyway nice kill. the older ones were not that fast. i realy dont think my stage 2.5 cobb will beat a lightning but id try it. my roush had trouble pulling from one with the above mods. I gained about 1 car up to 100mph. but the a.t. helps launching those trucks.

No disrespect meant here...but wtf did you say in your post?

All I can tell is you raced a Lightning.....and won?

Damn....literacy....not what it is cracked up to be anymore
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Quote Originally Posted by skullguy

SOMETHING LIKE THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by skullguy

no disrespect but everyone else seams to have understood what i ment. sure it may not of been that clear but how many times did u fail 1st grade agian?

fwiw, i just likes the picture and did not mean anything by it.
    Its probably just a case of quick typing, and many of us dont bother being that literacy correct on this media/forums.
    good kill

its cool man. thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    I was ready to call BS until I caught your "oh yeah" bit about it being the older body style. As a past owner of a 99 L, I know for a fact that it would take at least a stage 2 to beat it. Dig or roll. Good kill.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums