STi vs Audi question?

This is a discussion on STi vs Audi question? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was wondering which 4 door Audi sedan would be able to keep up with an 05 STi on the ...

STi vs Audi question?

I was wondering which 4 door Audi sedan would be able to keep up with an 05 STi on the highway. Im not exactly the best driver but I was shifting pretty quick.
    From 65-120 and 2 other people in his car, I was only 4 cars ahead and I was by myself. I started in 4th (should it have been 3rd? hmmm yeah i think so).
    From 65-100 I actually put 4.5 cars and once we were past 100 he was actually gaining inch by inch until 120. This was all done late at night when the long straight highway was empty of course.
    He pulled up and gave a wave and I responded in kind.

If it was an A4 1.8T, how hard would it be to make it competitive with the STi on the highway? I think he had an exhaust but I wasn't sure, the tailpipe looked rather big.

If it was an S4 then that's more understandable, especially since he has 2 other people in the car.
    What do you guys think?
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the new s4 has 340 hp so it could of been one those. But a older s4 that had some mods (chip, exhuast), and I have seen some fast A4's..Since you pulled on him hard at first im thinking it was an a4 with mods, I think a new s4 would be a closer race

Hm... maybe an A4 3.0 with a bit of mods?

Audi that can keep up or faster then an sti (stock vs stock):
    04+ S4 Manual or even auto
    03 RS6
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock