Cobb 2 Vs GTI VR6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb 2 Vs GTI VR6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ran this foreign kid yesterday (I talked to him afterwords and the french accent was unmistakable [sp?]) We played ...

J-H

Cobb 2 Vs GTI VR6

I ran this foreign kid yesterday (I talked to him afterwords and the french accent was unmistakable [sp?])

We played a bit on the city (30mph). He gunned it then I did....it took me a bit to put some distance between us.

Come to a light and we roll of slowly....speeds pick up (30mph) and then he guns it and so do I....again it takes me a bit of time to put some distance between us.

We reach a stop sign and I chat with him a bit. He was stock (at leats that is what he said) and I told him I had exhaust...We then take off....MUCH easier this time

I am VERY impressed with the VR6. Those things form a roll are pretty peppy...dang!

Good run, nice guy.

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Imagine one of the turbo VR6's.... :drool:
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

i had a 98 vr6 golf before my WRX, I/E/ and schrick cams, honestly that thing had so much torque if you wernt Holding on to the steering wheel then watch out

it was my pride and Joy intel it got stolen from about 80 -120 mph that golf could have handed the wrx its ass without breaking a sweat.......

what year was the one you raced? a newer one? im not sure what the Hp/tq rating is on those, but for the 98's the Hp rating was 170 HP at the crank, WOW was that underated
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

Yup... I had a '95 GTi VR6 before my wrx. It had i/e/c, struts, springs, sway/strut bars, 17in rims, etc... That thing was a beast! I know what you mean about the torque steer!! I always wanted to put in some cams... It would definitely take a wrx (stock turbo) 80mph+ I had mine up to 145mph with ease, and it could have gone a bit more. They were built for the Autobaun. Also handles well with a little work. Fun car!

yes, both VR6 and 1.8T are very impressive cars and often not given enough credit as far as power goes.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

J-H
    It was a brand new one. For being stock that thing moved VERY nicely....

You know how BMW and Benz' are geared for highway. Is the golf the same way? And if somebody could please explan that to me....What does that actually mean? = Geared for the highway....?

I know it s the ratio of the gears, but the WRX has 2 freaking OD, why isn't it considered geared for highway driving? Might be stupid question, but for some reason it does not make sense.....

Please chime in...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

u need to cum out to FUSION CAFE on tuesday nites. alot of euro guys, drift guys, suby guys, evo guys hangout thurr. u'll prolly see him thurr.
    it's right across from CHEETAH's on Clairemont Dr.

J-H
    I'm in......thus tuesday....I heard about these meetings, but never got time to go and I forgot about them....

Thanks for the heads up!

JH

Quote Originally Posted by J-H

I know it s the ratio of the gears, but the WRX has 2 freaking OD, why isn't it considered geared for highway driving?

it is not mainly because of the gears ratio!! It is because the stock WRX turbo missing top end power!!!!

If you have VF34, you can smoke them for couple bus lenght!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

he is teh correct....

J-H
    Went there but no one was there...I guess the wet roads discouraged everyone...

On my way back though I was on the 8 going to PB and for some reason after I saw these headlights I downshifted from 5th to 3rd and had a quick burst from 55 to 70 or so...couple seconds only...well the headlights next to me were form a cop car He immediately flashes his side light INTO my car!!!!!! Man, for a second there I shat in my pants (second time I have doen this in my car)...My luck is that I did not go over 70 and the cop just went his way....dang!

JH

we were thurr from 1900 to 2030.... then we went to teh Pearl Lounge.
    when we left fusion cafe a PIG saw us leave, he busted a u-turn n' flashed his lights to mu buddy. luckily he didn't have anythin' on him, he has a stock STI. so teh cop let him go.
    checkout awjunkies.com

RANDi

J-H
    That sucks!

I will be out for a while so I hope to make the next available Tuesday.

I will check the site also....Thanks for the info!

JH

Quote Originally Posted by KINGSKY
    we were thurr from 1900 to 2030.... then we went to teh Pearl Lounge.
    when we left fusion cafe a PIG saw us leave, he busted a u-turn n' flashed his lights to mu buddy. luckily he didn't have anythin' on him, he has a stock STI. so teh cop let him go.
    checkout awjunkies.com

RANDi
    Why did the cop pull the sti over? Just because he saw him leaving a bar?

we weren't at a bar but a cafe where alot of us (evo, g35, 350z, rx7, suby, 240, vw) jus' hangout to chill not causin' any disturbance. teh cop prolly saw my rice mobile (i was in teh front), but teh STI was teh last 1 to go. so teh cop pulled him over. he didn't get a ticket though, cop had nuttin' on him. stock STI.
    teh PIG had no reason to pull him over, no probable cause.

RANDi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast