04 GTO vs 04 Wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 GTO vs 04 Wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Let me first start by saying, I have utmost respect for your guy's cars. They are truly engineered marvels. This ...

04 GTO vs 04 Wrx

Let me first start by saying, I have utmost respect for your guy's cars. They are truly engineered marvels. This takes a lot for me to say considering I am a hardcore GM guy. Anyways, my friend drives an 04 wrx with an injen cai, and front and rear strut bars. My car is an 04 Pontiac GTO, 6 speed, and is stock (aside from my lightweight skid plate, and my skip shift eliminator).

We headed out to an empty street that was somewhat on an incline and we started around a mild curve. It was fairly cold (around 45-50 degrees). I believe he said he launched at 5500 rpms, whereas i launched around 1500 more or less. Our friend lined us up, and the wrx gets the jump out of the hole, and we stay even through first gear. I shift into second and start pulling pretty good, probably got about a car length and he let off. I was very impressed with his launch. I spun pretty bad, and im sure he would have done even better on a warmer day and on better asphalt.

Id really like to run against an sti just for fun. I'm sure I'd end up losing, but its still worth a shot. Once again I think wrx's are great cars, Im not hear to flame, major props to all of you guys. Here's a pic of my beast:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm sure you will be able to find plenty of STi guys around here that would like to get a crack at your ride. Nice car btw.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Nice car man. You against an STi would be a good race. STi's run low-mid 13's in the 1/4 mile while the GTO should be in the high 13's.
    Now if you had the '05 GTO, i would put my money on you
    Last edited by fastwrx135; 01-07-2005 at 01:32 AM.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I'm also a hardcore GM guy, I love the new Goats. Nice car!
    2002 WRX Sedan
    Aspen White 5MT... bone stock

I bet with just some drag radials, the GTO's would dip into the low-13's or better. Nice car.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

400 hp > 227 hp

I do think the 400hp GTO is going to be a pretty nice car. I just wish it didn't look like a Grand Prix and everything else Pontiac makes.

At the track I beat a 350hp GTO by a full second in the 1/4 mile. Not even a race at all.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Quote Originally Posted by CronoMasamune
    400 hp > 227 hp
    He's got an '04, not an '05, so it's an LS1 not an LS2.

!C.A.G.S. is always a nice first mod.

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    Nice ride & nice post too!
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Nice GTO! silver > yellow
    An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an ‘Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order’ sign, just ‘Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.’ - Mitch Hedberg

J-H
    Nice car! It's good to have people come on the board and be respectful. Welcome

I drove a GTO and they are awesome....it felt soooooo much bigger then my rex (they are....duh!)

The cold weather actually helped your friend....cold air is our friend

EDIT: The pavement doe snot makes that huge of a difference either. AWD is prety consistent in different surfaces (not counting snow, gravel, etc - very different conditions)

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

nice run, thats a nice looking car you have there... I am very impressed with their interiors.

o, and thanks for being so respectful, we have had a lot of tools trolling around here lately with BS kill stories.

I would like to see a vid of a rolling race between you and a stock STi.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

gto's can be sick. I belive someone ran a high 11 with spray and an exhaust. . .

Nice kill!

I have run into two 04's, and I have to rank it up there with the corvette in this category: I don't think 9 out of 10 people who buy these things know how to drive AT ALL. Corvettes are funny in the fact that you know they can probably beat you, but the 55 year old (my dad has one) can't drive it worth a $hit, or doesn't want to beat on his princess, so I end up killing them (I am stage 4, 290whp). Run into one that has an owner that can drive and it's lights out. These cars are excellent proof of how it takes some skill to launch and drive a big horsepower rear wheel drive car. I had a Z28 before (LT1) and I marvel at how easy it is to slingshot the wrx compared to that car. I also had a last generation M3, and same story. If you can't drive a wrx fast in a straight line, you can't drive fast, period. It's really not that hard of a car to launch.

I strongly considered a GTO, but I was so unimpressed by it that I passed. Now that they dropped the LS2 into, it might be my next car I have to give Chevy the thumbs up for that one. I'm not crazy about the exterior, but I'm not that crazy about my wrx either. The interior of the GTO is very nice though, I really like it. It reminds me of the rx8 slightly with the 2 tone and all.
    My transmission hates me. So does my wife because of this car.

Nice car! I have been wanting a run in with the GTO for a while now. I will find one soon
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast