*Scion Update* 327.76 WHP and 320 FT/LB of torque @ 12psi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on *Scion Update* 327.76 WHP and 320 FT/LB of torque @ 12psi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; In their quest to find the outer limits of this all new Scion tC 2.4L engine and drive train, Dyno ...

*Scion Update* 327.76 WHP and 320 FT/LB of torque @ 12psi

In their quest to find the outer limits of this all new Scion tC 2.4L engine and drive train, Dyno tuning on the ScionSpeed project tC continued on Jan 3 2005. At the end of the session they managed to squeeze a best of 327.76 WHP and 320 FT/LB of torque @ 12psi of boost pressure on 93 octane fuel. This equates to approximately 370Hp and 361 ft/lb @ the flywheel. At this point they have nearly tripled the horsepower output of the 2.4L engine. Their original plan called for 14psi, but the stock clutch could no longer hold the power and the dyno session was ended. Dyno tuning will continue when a replacement clutch is sourced.

click for video of the dyno run

click for videos of tC's on the highway
    xVid Codec is needed to watch video

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    That's pretty sick! I wish my tC daily driver had that much power.

PICS?

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Registered User Electric-Mayhem's Avatar
    wow.....the 2fast2furious theme must have added at least 10 hp on that highway sequence. Looks allright I guess, but still not gonna sell my Rex to get one. Just out of curiosity, how much did it cost to get those numbers? It will be interesting to see where the tranny and other supporting factors really begin to max out the power one can get from this car.

JH

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric-Mayhem
    wow.....the 2fast2furious theme must have added at least 10 hp on that highway sequence. Looks allright I guess, but still not gonna sell my Rex to get one. Just out of curiosity, how much did it cost to get those numbers? It will be interesting to see where the tranny and other supporting factors really begin to max out the power one can get from this car.
    JH

Interesting indeed. My rex put out 332 WHP before my stock tranny and engine started to go...

Just wish the tC wasn't "wrong wheel drive".
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

JH
    dont be such a negative asshat.

quick: Thats some amazing stuff man. Great job. I really like those cars. The overall fit and finish is just excellent for the price of the car. How much did that setup end up running you all said and done? I really want to know what the s/c'd version will do with basic stuff like full exhaust and smaller pulley and a chip.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yay for Asshats....hehee. I wasn't really being negative, just skeptical. I guess its mostly stemming from the fact that these Scion cars are trying to push the blingy aspect that I try to stay away from. Any brand that offers neon underlighting as an option is just going in the wrong direction. I think overall they seem like nice cars, with the TC being significantly better then the other two, and you really can't beat the price. I do think that using the 2fast2furious theme was a bit silly though, especially as the video doesn't really show the performance of the car. Still interested to see what that setup cost, and to see if it is worth it to get that car or to just get something thats already a little closer to the goals that people may be looking for. For the base price and performance, the tC seems an excellent starting point as long as getting it to those numbers doesn't cost more then just buying a car with those numbers already. I know part of the fun is doing the work and making something formerly wussy into a beast, but there are limits to where that is fun. I imagine that this car stays well away from that line, but I am curious to find out.

JH

J-H

JH

You are using my signature....LOL

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

great numbers for a great car! my gf owns one!!! but look at the hiccup between 4-5k rpm, i dont like how those afrs look in that area.

Wow anyone else thought that engine was going to shoot out of the car when he shifts.
    Curious to see how long before the engine blows.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

J-H
    Check out the radiator fuild reservoir (whatever it is on the left), the liquid is just bouncing around....the car is not even moving

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

I kinda thought the same thing at first........but then after thinking about it....I think that kinda movement is pretty typical of a car that is going full bore. Its gotta move around some, otherwise it would be throwing the whole car around. That one may be doing it more then normal though.

JH

P.S. Its my sig too......can't help having the same initials. You should feel honored to share them with me, as they are the best initails EVAR!!! JH

J-H
    You spelled EVER wrong!!!!!!!

It's EVAH!!!!!!

I am honored....

You are right....it just seems a bit tooo much if you ask me....

JH

No no no......its EVAR!! like a pirate. Can't you see I am from CO, and as such am a mountains states Pirate, so it would have to be arrrr, not ahhh.

You may be right about the engine movement though, it does seem to be struggling a bit. Still wanna hear from the owner what it cost and what else he is doing to it.

J.H.

WOW!! very impressive!! but wheel spin will be a problem though....
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast