05 WRX MT vs 99-04 Mustang GT - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 WRX MT vs 99-04 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by enisguy Not even an '05? Its winter here in NJ the tracks are closed for the season, ...

Quote Originally Posted by enisguy
    Not even an '05?
    Its winter here in NJ the tracks are closed for the season, the 05 stang was not out when the tracks were open.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CustomS10
    ya and some mustang guy is saying the same thing about the wrx. i've only seen it run 14.8x or whatever. it's CAPABLE of a low 14 with a good driver just like a wrx.
    Probably...low 14s is believable with a perfect run i can't see a stock mustang running 13s minus the cobra. The stock supercharged cobras i see tend to run mid 13s
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Probably...low 14s is believable with a perfect run i can't see a stock mustang running 13s minus the cobra. The stock supercharged cobras i see tend to run mid 13s
    well i can say i've seen 2 low 13 second stock gt passes. There are a lot more that run a low 14 then a high 13 but from my eyes i've seen 2. So it now it has happened at least twice.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Its winter here in NJ the tracks are closed for the season, the 05 stang was not out when the tracks were open.
    I know, I wasn't totally serious.

Psst.. I'm from jersey too.
    2002 WRX Sedan
    Aspen White 5MT... bone stock

Quote Originally Posted by CustomS10
    well i can say i've seen 2 low 13 second stock gt passes. There are a lot more that run a low 14 then a high 13 but from my eyes i've seen 2. So it now it has happened at least twice.
    Maybe you typed that wrong but unless you are talking about the new GT's the 05s there is no way in hell you saw a stock GT run low 13s. Cobras can run low 13s with good runs, not GTs

Well the Cobras (03/04) can do 12's all day. If it was an older Cobra then low 13's is good. It was probably a Mach 1 that was running the low 13's, they are usually good for that.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    Well the Cobras (03/04) can do 12's all day. If it was an older Cobra then low 13's is good. It was probably a Mach 1 that was running the low 13's, they are usually good for that.
    The 03/04 cobras can break into the 12s with a very good driver, the average driver will be running low 13s with a stock 03/04 cobra. As for the older cobras they were low 14 second cars, with a very good driver breaking into the high 13s, im talking stock here.

The 03/04 cobras can break into the 12s with a very good driver, the average driver will be running low 13s with a stock 03/04 cobra. As for the older cobras they were low 14 second cars, with a very good driver breaking into the high 13s, im talking stock here.
    A buddy of mine just bought an '04 and ran a 12.7 e/t pretty easily...
    2002 WRX Sedan
    Aspen White 5MT... bone stock

Whatever you guys say. I go to the track just about every week during the season and i have never onces seen a stock mustang minus a cobra run in the 13s. Low 14s at best and mostly mid to high 14s. I have even seen a few run 15 flat. When i used to race my supra i would beat stock GT's pretty easily and my best time was a 13.9@103mph. I ran from a roll with a 2003 GT with full exhaust gears and intake dead even from a roll in my supra. You can tell me all you want that i am misinformed but for your information i was not informed of my knowledge about this subject i actually witnessed it time and time again.

Maybe you should take a trip to NH to New England Dragway. Specifically for Fun Ford Weekend. I see stock GT's dip into 13's all day long. Anywhere from 13.7 to 13.9 at 102+ traps. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Ignorance is bliss.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

Quote Originally Posted by jdmpwrdr
    Maybe you should take a trip to NH to New England Dragway. Specifically for Fun Ford Weekend. I see stock GT's dip into 13's all day long. Anywhere from 13.7 to 13.9 at 102+ traps. Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Ignorance is bliss.
    BS
    13.7@102+ from a stock gt minus the 05s? Im sorry but the people that told you their mustangs were stock and ran 13.7s@102+mph were lying to you buddy. Maybe you shouldn't believe everything people tell you. If you see STOCK GTs dip into the 13s all day long then you must be at the fastest track in the universe. I have never seen a STOCK GT run in the 13s and the track i go to is low elevation. And i have seen probably 50+ 99-04 GTs run. I call BS on this, alot of people say their cars are stock when they aren't. I don't think any mag or street test rated the GT in the 13s and def not at 102mph yet you see it all day long at your local track? I guess the local guys are all better drivers then the professionals.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 01-12-2005 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enisguy
    A buddy of mine just bought an '04 and ran a 12.7 e/t pretty easily...
    He must be a great driver. Its easy for a great driver to run a good time, but most people aren't great drivers a 12.7 is probably the fastest i have heard a stock Cobra run, and when i mean stock i mean no slicks etc.

I've seen bone stock 99+ GT's run 13.7's-13.8's, too. Low-14's are more typical, but some guys can and do dip into the 13's.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

One of my friends has a 2000 mustang GT and I used to drive it all the time when i lived in nebraska and had my crappy 81 mustang with the straight 6 and one barrel carb. Other than being a crap load faster than my one wheel wonder I wasnt very impressed with it. Matter of fact I got arrested driving it one time but thats a diff story. Supposedly the svx will take them on the highway but i dont know about that. Ford is still crappy tho, even with it being a 2000 model, its had a ton of problems with the electrical system shorting out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.