Car and driver does it again
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Car and driver does it again within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How many times are they going to put the Evo Vs Sti? Though i dont mind. I guess the new ...

Car and driver does it again

How many times are they going to put the Evo Vs Sti?

Though i dont mind. I guess the new Evo MR is badass.

Who here would still take a Sti over the MR? I would take the MR any day
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Eleventy billion.

idk i'm kinda getting sick of reading the same article every 6 months
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

if i was in the market, i would look hard at both... no biases from this WRX owner...
    bryan
    p.s. they are both kinda funny looking, but i decided that was unimportant once and for all when i ordered my WRX in late 02

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Smile

I remember countless F-body vs Mustang articles through the 80's and 90's... I would expect new articles on the STi and Evo whenever there is anything ranging from a minor to significant change in them. Or when a new competitor arises.

I'd still choose an STi, but mostly because it is able to be equipped with a hitch. My Subaru is a daily driver and gets used for hauling my mountain bike, JetSki, etc... Mitsu doesn't recommend towing with the Evo. Otherwise, I'd seriously consider the Evo...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Id take the STi just because I like to pretend I'm driving a rally car. I've also only met 1 cool evo driver out of everyone.

Well, 2. themike is still cool
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

While I do not like the US STi engine, it is pretty impressive how much power you can get out of the car on 91 octane... but the EVO can make decent power on 91 as well... and if I were choosing between these two cars, I wouldn't be looking for all out power... so EVO gets my vote for superior handling and great seats. (i daily drive with a sparco pro2000 so seats are important)

For maximum power, I need displacement since I get 91 octane pee water. Hello Mustang!
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The MR is 5K more than the STi,so I would get the Sti and buy a good set of coilovers which would fix the understeer C&D are always *****ing about.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Who needs an MR... only thing that truly makes the MR desireable is the 6-speed. (Other than that its just bling, overpriced parts that make minimal difference in performance and exclusivity) Performance wise a normal EVO or RS will still stomp on the STi.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

STi vs MR I would take the Evo MR hands down!

But for that money I would have bought a G35c or used 540i 6speed over either of the 2 for that price.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

They say in one of those ariticles to buy the sti is buying it for it's raw road ripping power and to buy the evo for it's handling. Not shure what all the meant but i do know the evo handles much better.

how strong is the Evo MR tranny? Or at least compared to the STi's.

The article stated they prefer the normal EVO over the $ of the MR.
    imo, id have to drive both for afew days b4 making a decision. They are both so close in performance number that it will come down to personal choice, ex-sound,interior design/layout, cuphoders, radio (not realy because thats my first mod), exterior style. And people have different driving styles/techniques. The Evo may be better for one persons driving style and the sti for another.

Both are sweet rides. C&D should of called it a tie

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh
    The MR is 5K more than the STi,so I would get the Sti and buy a good set of coilovers which would fix the understeer C&D are always *****ing about.

That's true. That would make my decision easier. The MR looks good though, the dark grey is just awesome!

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    I'd buy the EVO MR for the vortex generators.

In reality, it would be a hard decision. Everything about the EVO makes me want to get it over the USDM STi except for one thing: reliability. That is the only thing that scares me.

They are still so close. Great cars for the money. Looking to keep the car stock? Get the Sti. Looking for crazy horese power, and handling get the Evo.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.