Car and driver does it again - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Car and driver does it again within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Am I the only one here willing to pay the extra few large JUST for the color? I think as ...

Am I the only one here willing to pay the extra few large JUST for the color?

I think as soon as I had my 2.5RS in my hands, I was a Subaru-guy for life. While the Evolution is veeeeeeeeeeery tempting, I don't think I could do it. Its not based on any logic, hell I'm way more of a handling-over-power guy. But I'm... not loyal... maybe blinded by love to Subarus.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Java Black Pearl.
    Modifications

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah it's kind of ridiculous. I mean if one car changes their cupholder, they'll run another comparison test.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    If I had to choose between a new STi and a new MR now, I'd take the STi.

If I had to choose between a new STi after they come out with that ridiculous new grille and a new MR then too, then I'd take the MR for sure.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Quote Originally Posted by HBPUNK
    whatever, just remember when you get your STI over an EVO, wether it's stock or same mods, you'll end up in second place. Thats a fact

my scooby sucks azz compared to my friends EVO's
    Well there you have it folks......

whatever, just remember when you get your STI over an EVO, wether it's stock or same mods, you'll end up in second place. Thats a fact

Where? At a drag strip? If so, yes. The mod potential and bang for the buck is in the EVO's favor. On a track it's a drivers race, stock for stock.

If you're interested in point and shoot get an 03/04 Cobra. And, that's not to say they can't turn. Just that you can get crazy speeds with relatively cheap mods.
    Last edited by mx_9; 01-07-2005 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mx_9
    Where? At a drag strip? If so, yes. The mod potential and bang for the buck is in the EVO's favor. On a track it's a drivers race, stock for stock.
    Drag strip potential, you got both cars capable of 400whp+... seems pretty even to me. STi has the displacement so it should have an edge ultimately.

On a track, stock for stock, its a drivers race except for the fact that the driver in the EVO is putting in less effort. Steering is quicker, car is more communicative and seats hold you in place better. Keep in mind all new EVO's get a front LSD and Electronic Center Diff. Makes its a hell of a lot easier to go flying into a turn and point and grip out of it.

I've driven both and its no contest. DING DING DING! EVO wins! EVO wins! Only negatives are how much it sounds and looks like a Riced out Honda Civic... I've mistaken many in the dark of night, LOL.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

MX9, Why would we ever compare stock vs. stock on this board? Do any of us leave our cars stock?

With bolt on's you can get an Evo into the very low 12's. What does it take for a scoob to get there?

Evo's are superior cars

the only thing the STI has over a Evo, is being the better looking of two cars that are both ugly as sin

J-H
    MX9, Why would we ever compare stock vs. stock on this board? Do any of us leave our cars stock?

With bolt on's you can get an Evo into the very low 12's. What does it take for a scoob to get there?

Evo's are superior cars

the only thing the STI has over a Evo, is being the better looking of two cars that are both ugly as sin
    Yeah, some of us are stock...

I am pretty sure that the STI can do the same. Stock for stock the STI is faster on the dragstrip.

About EVO being superior cars, I am not sure. Not saying they are or not, I just have no personal experience in regard to the STI and EVO.

I have to agree that the car are not beatifull. You have to learn to like them I think we do compromise in the looks department, but in my example, I prefer the performance over the look of a car. If there was such thing as a reliable 12 sec CitroŽn I would be all over that...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

power potential=evos in a heartbeat. the engine is just far superior than the sti. i have seen an evo dynoed at 400whp on 91 octane with an upgraded turbo. i have not seen an sti done that yet, on 91 octane..
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

Quote Originally Posted by creditcards
    power potential=evos in a heartbeat. the engine is just far superior than the sti. i have seen an evo dynoed at 400whp on 91 octane with an upgraded turbo. i have not seen an sti done that yet, on 91 octane..
    Thats nice, though not needed. You can make 400+whp on the stock turbo with cams. The MR is no joke thats for sure but there is only 1 AWD turbo car that I want and I already have it.

Fess
    05 STi Silver/Silver Goodness!

Evo's are superior cars

Well it takes bolt-ons to get an STi in the low 12's too. Since you don't want to compare stock vs. stock, a "bolt-on" 18g with full exhaust and EM will do it quite easily. The EVO is easier to do that on right now, no one will argue that, but thats b/c most people like leaving their turbo's stock for a while. It works both ways though, EVO's can't leave their clutches stock either with bolt-ons because they are as strong as a tampon. Plus harder to launch, less torque, etc etc. Both cars are similar, yet different. Superior is in the eye of the beholder, so I liked the looks, reliability, interior, sound, torque, and ease of putting down that power. Just personal preference.

Evo's are superior cars

I have a beefier front sway bar on my STI and that's it. While not stock, it's close.

So, when you drive both the EVO and the STi at the limit, which one are you faster in? Or, are you just regurgitating magazine info? Again, If you're into point and shoot racing why don't you get an '03/04 Cobra?

Tough Choice

Pound for Pound Its hard to choose. The olny draw back to the sti/wrx apperance is the damn bug eyed headlights. I like that the evo stock has a FMIC. So now that i have owned a rex i would probably get the evo just to have owned both and would know both cars very well.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    Pound for Pound Its hard to choose. The olny draw back to the sti/wrx apperance is the damn bug eyed headlights. I like that the evo stock has a FMIC. So now that i have owned a rex i would probably get the evo just to have owned both and would know both cars very well.
    STi's don't have bugeyes. Neither do 04+ wrx's.

i dunno about all that man i have an 03 wrx and less then the price difference in mods compared to and evo or sti . all i have to say is i could rape an sti or evo all day long
    HIT and RUN parking lot drifters
    BOV Scaring pedestrians since 1963
    civics
    to much power when you burn first in a wrx
    yes i drift it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.