Car and driver does it again - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Car and driver does it again within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; In asia the six speed seems not as strong as the 5 speed above 400whp. thats what i heard from ...

In asia the six speed seems not as strong as the 5 speed above 400whp. thats what i heard from my cousin that own an evo in asia.
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by audirs6
    How many times are they going to put the Evo Vs Sti?

Though i dont mind. I guess the new Evo MR is badass.

Who here would still take a Sti over the MR? I would take the MR any day
    Since most of my driving is to/from work and includes weekend autoX, I don not want any turbo lag. That rules out the evo pretty quickly.

Ever notice how the evo gets the nod for handling, yet a lot of reviews show that the STi has better slalom speeds? The evo is easier to drive, but us real men like our STi's

I saw a new evo in corvallis a couple of days ago, white with gold rims. It looked real hot.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_9
    Ever notice how the evo gets the nod for handling, yet a lot of reviews show that the STi has better slalom speeds? The evo is easier to drive, but us real men like our STi's

STi = REAL MEN
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

lol STI is not close in slalom or any other race you can think of with the MR, thats stock. Start modding and the STI wont be anywhere in sight.

MR's are going for 36K, STI's are 5K under that? I dont think so

J-H
    Does that mean that:

WRX = REAL BOYS

The MR I saw was almost 38k. When I went in to look at an STI the sticker on it was 33k. That is about a 5k difference

It's funny how this starts..first WRX comes out.....then EVO (WRX cheaper than EVO), then STI comes out (EVO cheaper than STI), then EVO MR comes out (STI cheaper than MR). I can't wait to see the 40k STI

The vortexes are good for directing air to the spoiler and IIRC they are good for 70lbs or soemthing like that of downforce....they actually DO work (at double digit speeds, not like the WRX spoiler which starts working at 130mph...LOL)

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

02-03 WRX = Those of you with STi's and EVO's and SRT-4's, etc. better be thanking those of us who originally bought one when it first came out and opened the door for these high performance rockets from the factory...

The fact that I already have a car and I have some money into it is why I do not own an EVO instead.

Vortex Generators do work and can be bought seperately to add onto a normal EVO. (or a lancer or a honda or whatever you want to put it on)

The WRX spoiler also works at before 100 mph, but only to reduce drag not adding downforce.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Oh yeah, the vortex generators work. I wasn't claiming that they didn't. They just seemed like a silly feature to name when making a decision on which car to buy.

I also bought my WRX in early '02, so everyone can thank me as well.

J-H
    Thanks for bringing that up SONIC. Good points!

They did not have EVO', SRT-4 and STI when I got mine...

Will they (vortex) work on a regular WRX???? I guarantee we will see them on some pimped out car (like the honda that had every single part of another car trown on it)

I did not know that the spoiler had any real use....guess I won't be taking it of afterall...

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

That 3-4 more on then MR can get you better power and handling on either a regular EVO or STi through aftermarket parts. Even with the 6 speed tranny, there is nothing about that car that justifies that large of a price jump. That car should have at least 360 bhp stock with an upgraded clutch (EVO clutch is a joke), upgraded exhaust, even better seats, and better overall quality for that price. The MR and the STi should cost the same for what you get right now.

i would own the evo if mitsu stood behind there cars and not blow smoke up there customers asses. there for i would still take a sti then i know i won't drop a clutch or tranny or crank walk my way around.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Registered User spyderpaint2004's Avatar
    boxer motor, subaru reliablity, and the overall price of the STi vs the EVO MR, definately puts the STi in my driveway.

Mitsu motors and drivetrain arent very reliable. The trannys let go very early even if u dont beat on them.

Subaru has done a better job crafting the STI (IMO) and i would rather have the STi, but not by much.

i love the sti but the evo has such a stronger block...and thats whats makin me lean towards it when i get rid of my rex
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

whatever, just remember when you get your STI over an EVO, wether it's stock or same mods, you'll end up in second place. Thats a fact

my scooby sucks azz compared to my friends EVO's

i just dont like the evo's interior.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast