Nothing to be proud of...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nothing to be proud of... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way to work this morning when noticed this punk in a Scion TC started mocking me. ...

Nothing to be proud of...

I was on my way to work this morning when noticed this punk in a Scion TC started mocking me. He go beside me and look over and shake his head then laugh. I just ignored him thinking I don't need to be wating gas, but he was insistent on trying to get me to run with him. So he got beside me again going about 65mph and waited till' he punched it. I dropped it to 3rd gear and by the end of 4th, I was about a bus and a ahead of him and that put an end to that. I let him pass and he didn't even bother to look. I thought a TC would've done better than that, but I can't complain.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

J-H
    Stock they are not so powerfull.....I saw the engine bay on these things and OMG, there is soo much space (turbo, SC), it seems that Toyota had that in mind form the very beginning....

I like the Tc though....but kinda $$

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by peenutz
    I was on my way to work this morning when noticed this punk in a Scion TC started mocking me. He go beside me and look over and shake his head then laugh. I just ignored him thinking I don't need to be wating gas, but he was insistent on trying to get me to run with him. So he got beside me again going about 65mph and waited till' he punched it. I dropped it to 3rd gear and by the end of 4th, I was about a bus and a ahead of him and that put an end to that. I let him pass and he didn't even bother to look. I thought a TC would've done better than that, but I can't complain.

any mods or are u stock?

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    scion.....
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    They're spiffy cars. I just drove one the other day (auto ) and it's very well put together and fun to drive. Slow yes, but an astounding value overall.

Nice kill.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Smile

I have a catback and hks smf intake. the hks bov doesn't really count, but i'm planning on puttin a downpipe and up pipe pretty soon. what kind do you guys suggest I get? I'm still a newbie in this suby world. TY

J-H
    UP/DP is well worth the money. If you have some extra cash get engine management....man I wish I had done this earlier to my car...I got COBB AP, which is a conservative tune, but I love it....fast enough for me....at least for now

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    They're spiffy cars. I just drove one the other day (auto ) and it's very well put together and fun to drive. Slow yes, but an astounding value overall.
    +1. If I was buying a new car and it had to be for less than $18k this or the Mazda3 would be choice. Very well put together cars indeed.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by peenutz
    Yea he looked over shaking his head like, why did I buy a scion? Now I'm going to get my A$$ handed to me
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    Stock they are not so powerfull.....I saw the engine bay on these things and OMG, there is soo much space (turbo, SC), it seems that Toyota had that in mind form the very beginning....

I like the Tc though....but kinda $$

Well they are not the fastest cars...

For $16k and change you get Toyota legendary reliability and a Lexus-like build quality. Add in all the standard features (17" alloys, full power, panorama moonroof, ABS, 4 wheel disks, 2.4l, 160 HP, etc...) and it's worth every penny over a Civic, or a Tiburan, IMHO. I sell them, and I bought one as a daily driver. Excellent value, 1st hand...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    This one sounds pretty sick....

"In their quest to find the outer limits of this all new Scion tC 2.4L engine and drive train, Dyno tuning on the ScionSpeed project tC continued on Jan 3 2005. At the end of the session they managed to squeeze a best of 327.76 WHP and 320 FT/LB of torque @ 12psi of boost pressure on 93 octane fuel. This equates to approximately 370Hp and 361 ft/lb @ the flywheel. At this point they have nearly tripled the horsepower output of the 2.4L engine. Their original plan called for 14psi, but the stock clutch could no longer hold the power and the dyno session was ended. Dyno tuning will continue when a replacement clutch is sourced."
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

toyota's legendary quality has wained pretty well over the past few years, you hear of corolla's with oil leaks and electrical bugs. I think toyota has done well with their scion line but its far from the way they overcharge for their cars.

I like these little cars and I think they are going to have great mod opportunity. However I just wish I could have a 2nd car as my daily driver so the EVO can just come out at night.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Quote Originally Posted by GIRex
    toyota's legendary quality has wained pretty well over the past few years, you hear of corolla's with oil leaks and electrical bugs. I think toyota has done well with their scion line but its far from the way they overcharge for their cars.
    over charge?

The TC costs like $16,000
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

ment to say other cars not the scion line

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast