WRX vs. RX8
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. RX8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I was going through the tolls to get on to the PA turnpike to come home tonite, I noticed ...

WRX vs. RX8

As I was going through the tolls to get on to the PA turnpike to come home tonite, I noticed a sexy looking blue RX8. He was in the far left toll lane getting the ticket, and I went through the far right lane with EZ-Pass. As I go through, assuming he was heading the other way (towards NJ), he cuts me off to get on the same ramp as me! Now, its about 2:30AM, the streets are SOAKING wet from the earlier rain, and he begins to take off as we get on to the very empty highway. Since I never race people just because I think its stupid, i figured what the hell, i might as well play around. So he merges directly into the middle lane, and I went into the far left. As i shifted into 3rd gear, i was passing him, and hard! By 4th gear I was roughly 2-3 car lenghts a head. I slowed up around 110MPH just for safety, and he came up beside, so I downshifted into 4th and proceeded to pull away again. Not as hard this time, but put a quick 1-2 car lenghts on him by 110. I played with im a little just pacing and matching his speeds but I slowed up because of traffic. (I refuse to weave in and out of cars your just asking for trouble), and he gave me the good ol' fly-by, and continued on his way. He was rather stupid for moving so fast, but i saw him again becuase we got off at the same exit. I took off through the tolls again (thanks to EZ-Pass) and i never saw him after that because he got off that other highway quickly. I always new the WRX would beat a RX8, but I didnt think I would fair so well against this one. I am not sure if it was stick or auto, but it did have the 18s, HIDs and the "aero kit". I will admit, it looked real good when i was passing it!
    -Marc
    P.S. My only "power mod" is the TXS stealtback.
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill...im just waiting for a turbo kit to come out...then theyll be monsters
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I had a good time killing a red one here in corvallis. Raced him from a stop, he and his buddy thought the ol wagon was all sho and no go. After I hit third I gave the ol wave bye bye out my window. I do have to agree that they do look very sexy.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

I don't know what it is but for some reason my car has problems pulling on a rx8. I've encountered about 3-4 of these and although I am able to pull on them it seems to be a very slow pull. I admit that most of the time it's from a high speed roll 60mph + and they usually take off before me but I still feel like I should be reeling them in much faster.

Oh well, I guess this stage2 just won't cut it for much longer...

Quote Originally Posted by 03WREX
    I don't know what it is but for some reason my car has problems pulling on a rx8. I've encountered about 3-4 of these and although I am able to pull on them it seems to be a very slow pull. I admit that most of the time it's from a high speed roll 60mph + and they usually take off before me but I still feel like I should be reeling them in much faster.

Oh well, I guess this stage2 just won't cut it for much longer...
    Must not have been this RX8.

900hp RX8

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Must not have been this RX8.

900hp RX8

DANG! I wonder how much that will cost....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    DANG! I wonder how much that will cost....
    Probably more than the whole damned car!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty
    I had a good time killing a red one here in corvallis. Raced him from a stop, he and his buddy thought the ol wagon was all sho and no go. After I hit third I gave the ol wave bye bye out my window. I do have to agree that they do look very sexy.
    same thing happened to me when i was down in StL. we were on the hwy, he looked over, and went WOT. i returned the favor and put him to shame (quickly) and his girl was in the passenger seat.

ahhh VF30 power

Shifty, seeing your wagon kinda makes me wish i got my wagon in white
    Last edited by Quack; 01-11-2005 at 02:59 PM.

I ran one in my (tbe, up, mbc) wrx from a roll.. I did pretty well against him and put a couple cars on him. Nice race, those cars have amazing interiors and look great on the exterior. I just wish that they would put some more "ooooomf" under the hood.

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the Mazdaspeed version.

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.