WRX vs. RX8

This is a discussion on WRX vs. RX8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I was going through the tolls to get on to the PA turnpike to come home tonite, I noticed ...

WRX vs. RX8

As I was going through the tolls to get on to the PA turnpike to come home tonite, I noticed a sexy looking blue RX8. He was in the far left toll lane getting the ticket, and I went through the far right lane with EZ-Pass. As I go through, assuming he was heading the other way (towards NJ), he cuts me off to get on the same ramp as me! Now, its about 2:30AM, the streets are SOAKING wet from the earlier rain, and he begins to take off as we get on to the very empty highway. Since I never race people just because I think its stupid, i figured what the hell, i might as well play around. So he merges directly into the middle lane, and I went into the far left. As i shifted into 3rd gear, i was passing him, and hard! By 4th gear I was roughly 2-3 car lenghts a head. I slowed up around 110MPH just for safety, and he came up beside, so I downshifted into 4th and proceeded to pull away again. Not as hard this time, but put a quick 1-2 car lenghts on him by 110. I played with im a little just pacing and matching his speeds but I slowed up because of traffic. (I refuse to weave in and out of cars your just asking for trouble), and he gave me the good ol' fly-by, and continued on his way. He was rather stupid for moving so fast, but i saw him again becuase we got off at the same exit. I took off through the tolls again (thanks to EZ-Pass) and i never saw him after that because he got off that other highway quickly. I always new the WRX would beat a RX8, but I didnt think I would fair so well against this one. I am not sure if it was stick or auto, but it did have the 18s, HIDs and the "aero kit". I will admit, it looked real good when i was passing it!
    -Marc
    P.S. My only "power mod" is the TXS stealtback.
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill...im just waiting for a turbo kit to come out...then theyll be monsters
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I had a good time killing a red one here in corvallis. Raced him from a stop, he and his buddy thought the ol wagon was all sho and no go. After I hit third I gave the ol wave bye bye out my window. I do have to agree that they do look very sexy.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

I don't know what it is but for some reason my car has problems pulling on a rx8. I've encountered about 3-4 of these and although I am able to pull on them it seems to be a very slow pull. I admit that most of the time it's from a high speed roll 60mph + and they usually take off before me but I still feel like I should be reeling them in much faster.

Oh well, I guess this stage2 just won't cut it for much longer...

Quote Originally Posted by 03WREX
    I don't know what it is but for some reason my car has problems pulling on a rx8. I've encountered about 3-4 of these and although I am able to pull on them it seems to be a very slow pull. I admit that most of the time it's from a high speed roll 60mph + and they usually take off before me but I still feel like I should be reeling them in much faster.

Oh well, I guess this stage2 just won't cut it for much longer...
    Must not have been this RX8.

900hp RX8

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Must not have been this RX8.

900hp RX8

DANG! I wonder how much that will cost....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by J-H
    DANG! I wonder how much that will cost....
    Probably more than the whole damned car!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty
    I had a good time killing a red one here in corvallis. Raced him from a stop, he and his buddy thought the ol wagon was all sho and no go. After I hit third I gave the ol wave bye bye out my window. I do have to agree that they do look very sexy.
    same thing happened to me when i was down in StL. we were on the hwy, he looked over, and went WOT. i returned the favor and put him to shame (quickly) and his girl was in the passenger seat.

ahhh VF30 power

Shifty, seeing your wagon kinda makes me wish i got my wagon in white
    Last edited by Quack; 01-11-2005 at 01:59 PM.

I ran one in my (tbe, up, mbc) wrx from a roll.. I did pretty well against him and put a couple cars on him. Nice race, those cars have amazing interiors and look great on the exterior. I just wish that they would put some more "ooooomf" under the hood.

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the Mazdaspeed version.

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.