Evo VIII, Mustang GT, Snow all kinds of POS' - LONG

This is a discussion on Evo VIII, Mustang GT, Snow all kinds of POS' - LONG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So the last days I drove a whole lot. I first went to Mammoth and that was the first time ...

J-H

Evo VIII, Mustang GT, Snow all kinds of POS' - LONG

So the last days I drove a whole lot.

I first went to Mammoth and that was the first time I took the WRX on a road trip. It was great to drive up there. I had fun with all sorts of cars. The fastest one was a Tundra with some ol' lady driving it...she was pushing a consistent 110mph

2 Days later I went to Big Bear. Car got snowed in pretty bad. Took me 3 hours to clear it up. Next day the plow did all the owrk for the other cars...I was a bit annoyed.

On the way up there a 911 Turbo and a HEMI pickup where ingredients for a lot of fun. The guy in the porsche opened up for a bit and probably reached 120 in this small straight away. He was tryinbg to get away form the HEMI pickup. I was watching this and decided to join. I caught up to the truck and passed it. I saw him gunning it and so did I. I came to traffic and after putting buslenghts on him I saw something pretty scary. The grill of that thing coming at me pretty damn fast....100mph+. Those things move!!!!!! I passed it with some ease, but for a truck (bigger fridge on wheels) it hauled a$$

Anyway, close to San Diego I ran into this guy in an EVO. We played a bit. Hitting at the same time I think I was SLOWLY inching on him. He had two regular size passengers. Exchanged waves and parted our ways. EVO + 3 people < WRX Cobb 2

New year I went to Vegas. That is a great road Had a handful of little runs with various cars. Good times. On the way back I ran into this little convoy of Marines. A Grand Am, a saturn and a Mustang GT (had 3 people total in it). I ran the mustang. We went from 70 and I shut down at 140. I probably had 8-10 cars on him. I am pretty sure he did not expect that because he was creaming his buddies....I could tell because they were playing this cat and mouse game. VERY dangerous....the saturn was passing everyone on the left at speeds over 100mph Which is pretty dumb....

All and all I was pretty happy with the trips and the numerous encounters, All friendly and held in safe streches of open road....Time for cobb to come out with stage 3...
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You had some fun

you didnt claim to beat the 911 Twin, lol you'd be banned if you did

You should hammer a Hemi and you did, although it had more pop then you thought.

Evo, you played and had some fun. Cobb Stage 2 IMO will not beat a stock EVO.

I basically have the same mods as you, no Cobb 2 but Ecutek/TBE. You say Cobb Stage 3 is next? I was realistic with myself, going the next level is a big jump $$$ wise, new Turbo ect. Simple logic had me debating:

1. WRX Turbo upgrade ect
    2. Sell WRX and get STI and start upgrading
    3. Sell WRX and get EVO and start updgrading

Being a realist, I will sell my WRX and go EVO and go from there. We all know EVO's are the way to go if you want to break everything off, PERIOD. If anyone denies this, they have no friends with EVO's, haven't been to the track or are in denial

Take Care

Quote Originally Posted by HBPUNK
    You had some fun

you didnt claim to beat the 911 Twin, lol you'd be banned if you did

You should hammer a Hemi and you did, although it had more pop then you thought.

Evo, you played and had some fun. Cobb Stage 2 IMO will not beat a stock EVO.

I basically have the same mods as you, no Cobb 2 but Ecutek/TBE. You say Cobb Stage 3 is next? I was realistic with myself, going the next level is a big jump $$$ wise, new Turbo ect. Simple logic had me debating:

1. WRX Turbo upgrade ect
    2. Sell WRX and get STI and start upgrading
    3. Sell WRX and get EVO and start updgrading

Being a realist, I will sell my WRX and go EVO and go from there. We all know EVO's are the way to go if you want to break everything off, PERIOD. If anyone denies this, they have no friends with EVO's, haven't been to the track or are in denial

Take Care
    He said the EVO had 3 passengers.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I Support ClubWRX

Take Care
    What does "break everythng off" mean? Bit confused on this end.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    What does "break everythng off" mean? Bit confused on this end.
    I think he means heavy modding.

I know it has been talked to death but I've run a stock EVO in roll races with my Cobb Stage 2 from various speeds and they are just about even. I would usually pull immediately as my boost came on quicker then we would be even up to about 120.

J-H
    Quote Originally Posted by samdog
    I know it has been talked to death but I've run a stock EVO in roll races with my Cobb Stage 2 from various speeds and they are just about even. I would usually pull immediately as my boost came on quicker then we would be even up to about 120.

I honestly think that I would get walked by a stock EVO (Slowly though, very slowly). I don't have the catback section of my TBE. My ECU is finally learning COBB 16.3psi form 3-5 gear....

I tried trading in my WRX. Check this out: Need suggestions/opinions on trading cars

I really didn't feel like sellig my WRX for 11.000

Anyway, lots of fun.....I think I might go to Plam Springs this weekend....
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

breaking off: "Beating other cars in races"

Cobb 2 cars will not break off stock Evo's, IMO. They may be able to keep pace or make it close but they arent going to pull them and leave them behind.

I Support ClubWRX
    breaking off: "Beating other cars in races"

Cobb 2 cars will not break off stock Evo's, IMO. They may be able to keep pace or make it close but they arent going to pull them and leave them behind.
    Cobb 2 WRX's. However, stock, or Cobb 2 STi's are a whole 'nother ball of wax
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums