Ohhh boy E55 amg challenged me - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ohhh boy E55 amg challenged me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yeah, your screwed. low 12sec car stock and has some scary ass topend. From a dig you are going to ...

yeah, your screwed.

low 12sec car stock and has some scary ass topend. From a dig you are going to lose by a few car lengths or more. From a roll, its seriously not worth it.... you will be embarrased beyond recognition.
    Best part about the car is that with a simple chip the thing will run mid to high 11's all day long.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah, i think it would be fun to lose to a car like that, so go for it. just dont be silly and put money on it or anything cause you never know he might be modded and even quicker than you think. and please try to get it on video .
    bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleboi
    yeah, i think it would be fun to lose to a car like that, so go for it. just dont be silly and put money on it or anything cause you never know he might be modded and even quicker than you think. and please try to get it on video .
    bryan
    I think with alittle mods, 20G, injectors, e.m., fmic.........the sti will be right next to it from 0-100mph.
    ill have an e55 in afew years. Im just not looking foreward to comeing out of the mall and finding a scratch on a $80K car.

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip
    do it...video tape it...
    definately tape it.

you *may* stay closer than you think (but probably not)

i know of a dodge colt in my area that would surprise it though

knowing that you could buy two-three WRXs fully loaded for the same price as a AMG is the best revenge. At least that's what you can tell yourself as he smokes you like a marlboro light at a trailer park.

I dont understand what the big deal is. its a mid 12s car, the AMG is, and im sure the STi with some good bolt ons and tune can hang in the 1/4 with one of these. I dont know if the mods you have are enough but its worth a try. I read somewhere last year that a properly driven Z06 will win 4 out of 5 times agains one of these in a drag race.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

J-H
    Simple math here....

287 awhp < 430 rwhp

Once you start rolling you will actually be able to "see" the difference and it will become obvious that you brought a knife to a gun fight.....ah, and from a dig, someone already posted a mid 4-second 0-60.....I would go for it, just for fun, what the heck....
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Race him from a dig........in the 1/8.....lol.......might not be too embarassed by that point.....
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Race him
    With a good launch you should be able to give him a real good race up to about
    80-90mph. After that he will pull on you pretty hard.

I ran a pulley, chip, exhaust, gears, drag radials, etc 03 Cobra that traps 116-118mph. I was able to stay in front of him until about 85mph. After that he pulled away from me pretty bad.

Do it. If you launch well, its even through an 1/8 mile, and will pull you maybe a car or two at the most through 1/4 mile. On one hand...Ive seen them run poorly at the track more often than the magazines test them. Ive seen 13 flat, high 12's. Make no mistake though, from a roll it will crush an LS1 Z06 and keep up with a pullied Cobra. Its worth doing just to hear those things.

Banned

e55 amg dyno sheet?

J-H
    Check this one out:

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73486

or this one

http://66.155.125.17/forums/showthread.php?p=912004

Very different cars....the W211 (2005 model) is much faster than the W210
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Banned

yup

im dead

race in the dirt.

snow

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast