What do u guys think of the Chevy Cobalt SS? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on What do u guys think of the Chevy Cobalt SS? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by fastwrx135 Southpaw is right... poo>chevy is very immature and shouldn't be something that is tolerated here. This ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Southpaw is right... poo>chevy is very immature and shouldn't be something that is tolerated here. This forum has a reputation as being very open-minded and respectful so why would you defend that guy?? Now i don't own a chevy but they aren't sh!t.
    I'm not defending that guy, and I like Southpaw, I just think we should keep the personal attacks to a minimum here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

J-H

Add injury to insult

SOUTHPAW

Chevy = Poo
    Toyota = Poo eater
    Nissan - Poo scooper

joking man

I'd love to have your cars...sounds like the perfect line-up.

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Alright, no more "personal attacks" . I'll think of other ways to express my anger towards prejudice poo-poo talk.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Alright, no more "personal attacks" . I'll think of other ways to express my anger towards prejudice poo-poo talk.

I don't mean any harm, I just like inserting my $.02 where it doesn't belong

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bthomas6674
    Funny, I have owned a few Chevy’s and I believe buying a WRX was a step down. The only reason I did not wait for the SS was no AWD. There is no way the WRX would handle the "Abuse" that I put my old Z24 through. She may rattle a little bit in 16 years of owning it never stranded me anywhere. When I would ask for 120% she would give me 130% That will be hard to beat. But you really can compare to two. A full cast iron V6 is more durable than any aluminum block 4 banger motor.

When I can I plan to test drive an SS. I hope I don’t like it. But after driving my 2005 for three months now I am a little disappointed in it. I read these forums for awhile before buying it. Mainly “WRX –Vs- the World”. I guess I was expecting more with all the hype and “Kills”. Going from a healthy moded V6 to a turbo 4 was a big change though. Can’t beat the WRX in the snow though.

I love this guy.

The Z24 is still owning WRXs in the twisties, right? There are some quality older posts here...
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96

I love this guy.

The Z24 is still owning WRXs in the twisties, right? There are some quality older posts here...

Unfortunately yes it dose. But the skinny stock tires are junk on the WRX. The sway bars on the WRX are a joke to. But that can change.

Note: Buy no means am I calling the Subi a bad car. I just need to get use to it. After driving the same car for 16 years, it an 86 buy the way, just not use to the new car. I knew the old one in and out, what it could and could not do. I could read the tire noise and know exactly how much more I could push it. The 1986 Z24 is on its way to the graveyard. Metal gas line under the body starter to leak, rust. I figured if the gas lines are that bad then the brake lines cant be too far behind. Paid $6300 for it in 1989 had 43K on it. I was only 19 years old. Now it has well over 200K, Hmmm think I got my moneys worth? Traded my 1973 Super Beetle for it. Only had 320K on it. You know what! Rusty failing brake lines was the same reason I got rid of the bug.

Now my bug could blow the doors off of your………………. Oh Ya! Pulling your leg there!

Hopefully in 15 to 20 years I will be shooting the snot on a forum about my old fateful 2005 WRX. Hopefully I won’t be cleaning my false teeth while doing it. Back in my day…………….

I’m still very suspect on there results. This is the same magazine that ran a 6.3 0-60 in a 02 rsx type-s. Go reed the rsx forums, no one has ever ran that time stock. Wasn't this magazine the same one that also ran 5.4 in a stock wrx, I don't think to many people on here have ran below 5.7 stock.

All I'm saying is maybe they give them slightly beefed up cars knowing that these reviews will sell them.

I've already seen another site saying that the SS runs 0-60 in 6.5 and the quater in 14.9.

Will just have to wait and see what this car really does once more people get ahold of it.

holy chit i didn't mean to insult die hard chevy fans but it was a joke . I have tried the domestic american car market and I won't go back. Thats why I bought a subaru.
    Last edited by cbr600f3; 01-11-2005 at 09:00 PM.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Wasn't this magazine the same one that also ran 5.4 in a stock wrx, I don't think to many people on here have ran below 5.7 stock.

that was C&D magazine

I read the review in Motor Trend and it looks to be a decent car ---- until you see it costs $24k + tax. Nope. Sorry. Completely not worth it when the SRT-4 goes for $3k less than that, or more than 10% cheaper.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Completely not worth it when the SRT-4 goes for $3k less than that, or more than 10% cheaper.

W3RD!!! Use the extra money that it takes to get you a Cobalt, buy a stage 2 kit and full suspension for the price of the Cobalt. Then wave at the Cobalt as you are passing him in corners and straightaways.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I think I have come to the conclusion that the Cobalt SS is a very nice car, for < $22,000. Comparing it to the SRT-4 in terms of performance/ modability is a lost cause, the Dodge wins hands down. But price being equal, the SS definately has the looks, interior, and overall fit & finish advantage. I think that's why its $2,000-3,000 more...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

True

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    I think I have come to the conclusion that the Cobalt SS is a very nice car, for < $22,000. Comparing it to the SRT-4 in terms of performance/ modability is a lost cause, the Dodge wins hands down. But price being equal, the SS definately has the looks, interior, and overall fit & finish advantage. I think that's why its $2,000-3,000 more...

Your point is True, but now a days, people aren't looking into the fit and finish, its more of finding the the extra power, because the HP in the car is what is Game now. Those with more cash, can then have the pleasure of having both
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

You can buy a Legacy GT for around $25,500 plus tax. Granted, it won't be the Limited (leather, sunroof) model but it's still much more car than a Cavalier with a blower...
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    Your point is True, but now a days, people aren't looking into the fit and finish, its more of finding the the extra power, because the HP in the car is what is Game now. Those with more cash, can then have the pleasure of having both
    I disagree. I think when people see what the Cobalt SS has to offer, they will assess the bigger picture rather than just power potential. I'm a huge fan of power potential. I've owned an 02' Camaro SS, an 02' WRX, and now own an 04' Evo. Regardless of my past, I would still consider a Cobalt SS over an SRT-4.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.