Got DESTROYED by a CL65!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got DESTROYED by a CL65!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Holy mother of God!! I have never seen one of these on the road until last night on the freeway. ...

Exclamation Got DESTROYED by a CL65!!

Holy mother of God!! I have never seen one of these on the road until last night on the freeway. In case you dont know, I now have a 2002 Roush 3 with mods making about 430hp and have won every race I have been in. I was cruising along at about 75 mph when a car came up on me FAST. I couldnt get over to the right due to cars and the guy was on my ass, so I punched it. Now normally when I do that at high speeds, the other car goes bye bye but not this one. The guy stayed right behind me as we hit 100 mph. I got over to the right and still couldnt look over my shoulder to see what it was but thought I would have some fun and whoop him. As I downshifthed, I just heard a roaring/whining sound of a fighter jet and the guy FLEW past me and made me look like I was in reverse I could tell it was a Mercedes as if roared by but I didnt know what it was since I dont know a whole lot about them but I figured it had an AMG in it. I kept up speed and he slowed down a ways up the road and made his way over to get off the freeway. I headed for the same offramp although it was not mine, I came up slow in the next lane and saw it was a CL65 I pulled alongside him and his windows were limo tint so I had no idea how old they were but with a $180K car, I'm sure it was someone with some cash.

I wasnt exactly sure what was in the CL65 so I came home and looked it up and almost crapped my pants. A 6.0L 602 hp/738 tq Twin Turbo V12 at 22 psi Motor Trend says that if it werent for a limiter, it would be good for 885 lb-ft of tq Thats just SICK and I guess this was a good death

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow I was just drooling about it last night while loking at it online, definately a good death
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    I had the pleasure of dying by the hands of a cl65 as well. Incredible cars! I've never felt so slow in my life...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Ouch. unreal power. And it all comes with a warrenty
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

i was infront of a mercedes a few months ago, and i thought i saw a fmic on it. Guess what ITS WAS A CL65 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Yeah an 11 sec 1/4 mile car w/ numbers nearing 1000hp shouldnt be taken lightly... especially at freeway speeds.

The mod potential is amazing on that engine... apparantly the V12 alone is capable of over 1000hp... but Mercedes Benz decided to add turbos and run that engine with much less stress for butt loads of torque and reliability.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

yah...the first time i took my car to the fontana speedway here in cali, there was a 60 yr old dude in a business suit running his CL65, everyones jaw dropped as he was spanking everything....specially when he beat a supercharged viper by .3 seconds.
    WuDekStyle: i took the meanest **** at work today, i created an island there was so much nastiness
    WuDekStyle: i felt like a wild animal
    Official Cinematographer for the Bugeye Mafia

They had to limit the Tr to arounf 750bls bucause the trany could not handle the power. They were braeking them very easliy while testing the car. Sounds like MB needs to me a better trany for that car and unlease the beast!
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

Nice death!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I Support ClubWRX
    AMG power is sooooo ****ing sick!!!! What could be better. Quality and comfort of a Mercedes and the speed of a super car. SL65 = teh win!!!

I also got killed by a AMG equipped Benz a while ago:

Owned by AMG

A lot of power, but a lot of weight too. From the links I found, its 4700 lbs!

I'm surprised you didn't keep up with him. 430 rwhp, is good for 120-ish trap speeds, which is what the CL65 does.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

J-H
    CL65 AMG = E55 AMG

Because of the weight, both cars are equally fast....I went to the auto show today and took some pics of it....NICE, NICE cars....I would take the E55 though.....100k less

Nice run!

JH
    My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    A lot of power, but a lot of weight too. From the links I found, its 4700 lbs!

I'm surprised you didn't keep up with him. 430 rwhp, is good for 120-ish trap speeds, which is what the CL65 does.
    Well I usually run low 12s at around 118 mph and the CL65 runs high 11s in the 120s. It would have been closer if I would have been expecting it. I was so surprised by it that I think I paused for a split second thinking WTF IS THAT?!?! and that was all the time he needed to put distance on me. Look at the tq rating on it, that thing must have endless top end power so at those speeds, its a little different than a quarter mile run.

Yeah, I think that if you were at the right rpms or hit it sooner, it would have been closer or you may have even held him off. Think of it this way:

From 602 bhp, take away 15% drivetrain loss = 512 rwhp. 4700lb/512 hp = 9.2 lb/hp

For you, 3600lb/430rwhp = 8.37 lb/hp

So I would guess he got the jump on you from behind. Reaction time plays a big part even in races from a roll.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.