WRX vs. A4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. A4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm not sure if the guy was modded or not, all I could see was tinted windows and aftermarket wheels. ...

WRX vs. A4

I'm not sure if the guy was modded or not, all I could see was tinted windows and aftermarket wheels. I wasn't even paying him attention and my friend that was riding with me said "Hey, this guy beside you keeps bumping his throttle, I think he wants to go." I was about 1 car length behind the A4 and he nailed it. I threw it into 2nd as quick as I could (we were going about 30mph or so) and had to play catch up but by the time I got to 80 he was 2-3 cars back. He cut over in my lane behind me and wouldn't come up beside me again, but he did give a friendly wave out the window when I turned off. Anyone know what these things run stock?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I know the A4's have an 1.8T. I think 170hp. Nice kill.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

a4 is known to be slow. specially if it has auto. tiptonic helps. but no mater what there not that great of a car. no mater what people try to do to them.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

stock A4 Quattro's, 1.8t or 3.0, are aroudn 8sec cars.

if they are FWD CVT then 7sec cars.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

yup they are sloooooooo I destoyed few of them in my time, and i mean it wasn't even close, thats becasue they are porkly FAT i think around 3500-3600 pounds
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill,the guy will think twice next time.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

That's funny. I raced an a4 2.8 once and I could barely keep up. Granted my friend was driving and wasn't used to driving my car, but still. I went home and looked the car up and it has 190 hp, which really surprised me. Not only that, but it was AWD too. I could understand if it was fwd or something, but I still have never figured it out. Oh yeah, he had four people in his car too, not two like me.

Nice kill. These cars are slow stock, but with some basic mods it turns into a completely different car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I have a really good friend that just sold his 99 1/2 A4. I had the 1.8t with a T28 turbo, full catless exhaust and programming that ran 1.5 bar of boost. The thing was most certainly fast. He dynoed it this summer and I think it got 250 something to the wheels and it was quattro. You got respect the A4s cause you just never know what somebody has done to them. They are definetely sleepers, especially the avants.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

A4 is a overpriced Jetta. Same exact engine but AWD and carries more weight.

They are not sleepers, they lack hp and are TANKS

Great looking cars and sick interior but not for those who seek power

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Listen, my buddy's A4 was straight up fast. That's all I know. It's true that they weigh a ton, but they can be made to be fast. Also, they are VERY nice cars even though I don't really think all that luxury is necessary.
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe
    Listen, my buddy's A4 was straight up fast. That's all I know. It's true that they weigh a ton, but they can be made to be fast. Also, they are VERY nice cars even though I don't really think all that luxury is necessary.
    Any car can be made fast if you have enough money.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Any car can be made fast if you have enough money.
    true, but this car can be made fast with pretty little money.

Quote Originally Posted by HBPUNK
    A4 is a overpriced Jetta. Same exact engine but AWD and carries more weight.

They are not sleepers, they lack hp and are TANKS

Great looking cars and sick interior but not for those who seek power
    wrong. The cars can be very fast for those that DO seak power. It may be slow when stock, and even pig-ish. although, for those who want a nice luxury sedan but some good pull out of it its a decent pick. I agree it is over-priced, but you cant say its not a sleeper and a tank.
    The cars make upto 240whp with simple bolt on's and will run 13's with less than $2,000 in mods. They also have an incredibly fast spooling turbo which makes a nice amount of torque for such a little engine. (1.8T)
    with raising boost, ECU chip, TBE, you can see 220whp easy and low 14sec times with some people getting into the 13's... not to mention the very nice trap speeds they put up. I dont know about you, but if I went to a track and saw a 1.8T A4 with just chip, tbe, upped boost, etc... and running low 14's at over 100mph traps I would be pretty impressed and consider it a sleeper.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Thanks for the backup. I never really considered an A4 a fast car or a sleeper for that matter until I rode in my buddies. I'll never own one myself, but you gotta give them respect.
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.