note to self: don't race a WRX on wet pavement
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on note to self: don't race a WRX on wet pavement within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, i'm driving around in town when I notice some blue headlights coming up on me. As it approaches I ...

uke

Talking note to self: don't race a WRX on wet pavement

Ok, i'm driving around in town when I notice some blue headlights coming up on me. As it approaches I see it's a wrx and I give a little rev. He pulls up next to me at the light and I see it's Will (awdf00 on this forum) who says he runs a 13.6 with a slipping clutch (he just got a new one though).

We decide to go to an out of the way spot for a friendly run. Now, I'm thinking to myself, "self, he runs .3 sec faster than you, and it's wet out and you're FWD vs his AWD...this won't be pretty". Well, he says let's go from a 20 roll, so I figure maybe I got a shot if I get traction and his .3 sec difference is from his launch. Well, let's just say that 320+ftlb of torque from even a 20 roll equals lotsa spinning tires. Will flies by me and when I get traction, he continues pulling away. Just for kicks we try again and my torque steer is so bad I almost veer into him (sorry bout that, Will). Even if I got traction he still probably woulda beat me. I told him that I'll have headers and a smaller s/c pulley in about month, putting me in about the 13.6 range as well, and let's race again on a drier night. So we'll probably rematch in about a month, maybe I can put up a fight then

cliff notes: I found out that racing a AWD car with FWD even from a slow roll sucks

I'll see you in about a month Will! (shakes fist) Later
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by uke
    Ok, i'm driving around in town when I notice some blue headlights coming up on me. As it approaches I see it's a wrx and I give a little rev. He pulls up next to me at the light and I see it's Will (awdf00 on this forum) who says he runs a 13.6 with a slipping clutch (he just got a new one though).

We decide to go to an out of the way spot for a friendly run. Now, I'm thinking to myself, "self, he runs .3 sec faster than you, and it's wet out and you're FWD vs his AWD...this won't be pretty". Well, he says let's go from a 20 roll, so I figure maybe I got a shot if I get traction and his .3 sec difference is from his launch. Well, let's just say that 320+ftlb of torque from even a 20 roll equals lotsa spinning tires. Will flies by me and when I get traction, he continues pulling away. Just for kicks we try again and my torque steer is so bad I almost veer into him (sorry bout that, Will). Even if I got traction he still probably woulda beat me. I told him that I'll have headers and a smaller s/c pulley in about month, putting me in about the 13.6 range as well, and let's race again on a drier night. So we'll probably rematch in about a month, maybe I can put up a fight then

cliff notes: I found out that racing a AWD car with FWD even from a slow roll sucks

I'll see you in about a month Will! (shakes fist) Later
    13.9 is very fast for basics mods on a gtp i used to have one with 3.4 pulley, intake exhaust, tranny chip and ran a best time of 14.5 ( stock is 15.1 ) i shoulda ran lower times but my tranny was a little messed up ... most guy running under 14.2 had to have atleast a smaller pulley either 3.4 or 3.2
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter
    13.9 is very fast for basics mods on a gtp i used to have one with 3.4 pulley, intake exhaust, tranny chip and ran a best time of 14.5 ( stock is 15.1 ) i shoulda ran lower times but my tranny was a little messed up ... most guy running under 14.2 had to have atleast a smaller pulley either 3.4 or 3.2
    I currently have 3.4, DHP, Wizaired CAI, 3"DP to 2.5" exhaust, and colder t-stat and plugs along with an AFC 2.0. From what I hear, I'm at the high end for times for my mods, so I'm happy , but must...get...FASTAR!!111one
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    AWD > wet streets
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Go Jayhawks! I thought we were gona lose yesterday. That was a nailbiter!

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker
    Go Jayhawks! I thought we were gona lose yesterday. That was a nailbiter!
    Game of the Year contender right there
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.