Had to Show a Jerk in a Grand Cherokee His Place
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Had to Show a Jerk in a Grand Cherokee His Place within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm driving back to the South Jersey area the other day minding my own business. In my rearview, I ...

Angry Had to Show a Jerk in a Grand Cherokee His Place

So I'm driving back to the South Jersey area the other day minding my own business. In my rearview, I see a large SUV DANGEROUSLY swerving in and out of traffic (damn near tipping the thing over) and finally lining up at the light I was stopped at. It's two greasy punk kids blasting Simple Plan in a Jeep Grand Cherokee [previous gen, non-Hemi] (no offense to anyone who likes the band, but I find them absolutely horrendous). I don't even look over as I check for text messages on my cell phone when I hear a revv coming from my left side. I literally look thinking to myself, do these two ignorant, foolish, sorry excuses of life think they even stand a chance? The revving continues, and I could read "COME ON LETS GO" come out of the mouth of one of these kids. Fine. Guess a lesson needs to be taught. I revv back.

Green light hits...I decide to give the punks a one second headstart, doesn't seem sporting to kill them thoroughly. I wait a second and let the two fools punch it. They actually squealed tires for a a little bit...guess he doesn't know how to drive, even though the thing is an automatic. Time for new tires much? They get about only a 1/2 car length jump as a result...slipped the clutch at 4k and let 'er rip. I immediately get even with them. The passenger looked as if he was excited they were about to beat me...then I kicked it to 2nd gear. And I literally looked over, smiled the biggest smile, and waved. Good-bye. Take it to the top of 2nd, 3rd, halfway through 4th, they were Greyhound buses behind. I slow down before reaching my turn to look over and shake my head in disappointment. Kids these days.

One more for the good guys.

slim...
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They just wanted to see what the rex could do.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

I was talking to one of my friends about which types of cars mess with us the most. . and I can honestly say that suv/truck drivers have given me the most crap as far as screwing around goes. The best was when I was driving with my mother and some kid in a 4 door dodge version of hte sporttrac wanted to race. I just waved him off and he flipped out on me and started yelling.
    Usually the trucks have the standard a-hole package: straightpipes and tints. . .

Funny this should come up. I had some problems with a person in a grand cherokee. I was minding my own business traveling through TN to see some family for C'mas and then I look in my rearview mirror and see this person in a grand cherokee riding me.

So, at this point I slowly sped up so he could move over and carry on, but this didn't seem to suit him, so I dropped from 5th to 4th and left him guessing. Oh, and I did this in a srt-4 not my suby.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    I bet they got a nice look at your new exhaust you installed not to long ago. Poor kids, dont know what they are messing with.
    uncle lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Losers
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I bet they got a nice look at your new exhaust you installed not to long ago. Poor kids, dont know what they are messing with.
    haha, well they probably got an earful. I can barely hear myself think at WOT lol

How's the Stage 2 working for you? Upgrading your turbo anytime soon?

slim...
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

I have that kind of crap happen all the time. People in trucks or SUVs (also trucks) that want to "teach the stupid ricer." Half throttle, don't draw out the gear and a half mile lead later, they've learned the lesson. Even had some dumb kid in a Mach 1 try to play on a highway outside Birmingham. He paced with me a LONG time, made no move. I wasn't interested. Then he got over, slipped back some and came ripping by at WOT. So I dropped a few gears, lined up at his back wheel and waited for him to go. When he sped up, I ripped a few bus lengths on him. He didn't dare pass me or play after that. Saw him later in Tuscaloosa...he shrank down in the seat and passed as quietly as possible.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.