Cobb Stage 2 Wrx vs. (friend's wrx) FRIENDLY RACE

This is a discussion on Cobb Stage 2 Wrx vs. (friend's wrx) FRIENDLY RACE within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my mods for COBB STAGE 2 hks dp custom 3" catback with megan racing muffler turbo xs upipe perrin intercooler ...

Cobb Stage 2 Wrx vs. (friend's wrx) FRIENDLY RACE

my mods for COBB STAGE 2
    hks dp
    custom 3" catback with megan racing muffler
    turbo xs upipe
    perrin intercooler hoses
    cobb accessport stage 2 of course 17psi in 4th gear

FRIENDS WRX MODS
    gutted upipe
    gutted dp with custom waste gate port
    apexi muffer
    HE IS ONLY RUNNING 10psi (he's having boost problems)
    His car also makes this siren sound inside the car.

OK, SO We raced from a 65mph roll in 3rd gear and as soon as we went wot I shifted fast to 4th then I look over and my friend takes off. I'm like what the hell. So we do it again and this time we give it a little longer distance like over 100mph. So we did this and I finally pulled on him by 90mph and up. Now what I don't understand here is how in God's name could he possible keep up with me. Am i not shifting right because I shift at 6th grand (i figure the turbo loses too much boost after that) maybe i'm wrong. but i just don't understand how he could pull on me then i come back in the end, is this cobb stage 2 really worth it. I really need some input!

SO... is does cobb stg 2 make your car a top end car, and since i have a 3" exhaust vs. my buddies stock exhaust does this effect how poorly i'm running. do i need a different dp, like the bellmouth design?
    Last edited by Blizwinter; 01-01-2005 at 09:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you both have pipes, youre just running more boost. You shouldnt be beating him by a few bus lengths, lol

your "catbacks" have nothing to do with anything

you beat him once and he beat you once. I dont see a problem here. You didnt turn your car into a pavement tearing turbo monster by getting a Cobb Stage 2.

You're fine

only 10 psi?

for sure...?

damn that sounds really weird then.... cause 17 psi and 10 psi is a pretty big differnce.

both stock turbo's right? cause if they were diffent turbos then its a whole diffent story.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizwinter
    OK, SO We raced from a 65mph roll in 3rd gear and as soon as we went wot I shifted fast to 4th then I look over and my friend takes off. I'm like what the hell.
    It sounds like you are not keeping it in gear long enough. Dont shift to 4th till around 95 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizwinter
    Am i not shifting right because I shift at 6th grand (i figure the turbo loses too much boost after that) maybe i'm wrong.
    Keep it in gear till just about redline. The turbo does lose boost pressure but not enough for you to shift to 4th gear so soon. 4th gear is a pitiful overdrive gear that kills us. It also helps make our trap speeds look deceptively low.
    New:
    2005 Electric Blue Lancer Evo VIII

Traded:
    Platinum Silver 02 WRX
    TurboXS stage2

cool, i did go out and try that by myself today and if i leave it in gear until redline and shift to 4th, 4th gear feels more powerful like it has more of a jump to it, so maybe that's my problem!