Tune/TBE WRX Breaks off Vette... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

This is a discussion on Tune/TBE WRX Breaks off Vette... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by bisquick I get that many times, I get toasted from a start but quickly recover unless I'm ...

  1. #16
    Registered User elohdaeh78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by bisquick
    I get that many times, I get toasted from a start but quickly recover unless I'm running et streets or outright slicks.... Then its a different story. E-gads, wet weather?? No way!
    have fun
    -bix
    Is that a SVO turbo mustang?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User bisquick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    OC, Avoiding the Fashion Police....
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Is that a SVO turbo mustang?
    Yes that one is, It is only mildly modified with a ported intake/exhaust manifold, ported head with stock cam, 3" exhaust with the small .60/.63 T-3 running 20psi of boost and a big intercooler. The LX is a 347 A4 block with a T-63 running 8 psi of boost with crappy 91octane. The SVO is garage car though, I drive it very rarely.
    have a good one.
    -bix

  4. #18
    Registered User elohdaeh78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ
    Posts
    706
    Quote Originally Posted by bisquick
    Yes that one is, It is only mildly modified with a ported intake/exhaust manifold, ported head with stock cam, 3" exhaust with the small .60/.63 T-3 running 20psi of boost and a big intercooler. The LX is a 347 A4 block with a T-63 running 8 psi of boost with crappy 91octane. The SVO is garage car though, I drive it very rarely.
    have a good one.
    -bix
    I had a 1988 turbo t-bird. I believe that shared the same motor as the SVO mustang? 2.3 4cylinder? I know the mustang had like 200-210hp and the t-bird only had 190 but i think the motors were the same. Anyway i ran my t-bird at the track bone stock with 120k miles on it and i got a 16.3@88mph either motortrend or car and driver only managed a 16.4. Wooo i guess im a good driver.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

  5. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    217
    Southpaw, I assume it wasnt as new as the yellow one you posted. Someone already stated the body style hasnt changed much if at all and thats what I thought anyway.

    It was at night and I was focused on my driving in the wet and didnt get to get a good look at the vette. We didnt mess with each other, we dropped the hammer right when we saw each other, no time to check out each others cars to much.

    15,000 people at my work with many different locations we can work each day, so chances are I may never see him again.

    I havent tracked my car but see times posted from 13.3-13.6 with my mods

  6. #20
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Southpaw, I assume it wasnt as new as the yellow one you posted. Someone already stated the body style hasnt changed much if at all and thats what I thought anyway.....
    The difference between the two pics I posted, C5 vs C6 are many. First off, the C6 vette has more than 50 HP on a C5. It is lighter, and much more aerodynamic. It has a top speed of 186 mph... and if you see them side by side you will notice the C6 is significantly smaller, has solid headlights, and is leaner in shape. The C5 goes to 60 in about 5.0 seconds, and does the 1/4 in about 12.8-13.2. The C6 sprints to 60 in 4.2 seconds, and finishes the 1/4 in about 12.2-12.6... They are completely different cars.

    There are not many C6s on the road yet, only 2 in my city including myself. The C6 Z06 will hit the streets in the first month or two of 2006... with a sub 3000 lb curb weight, 512 HP, 12" rear meats, and so many g0dammned go fast goodies it will hit 60 in less than 3.7 seconds, and the 1/4 in 11 and change... stock!


    ...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  7. #21
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    The difference between the two pics I posted, C5 vs C6 are many. First off, the C6 vette has more than 50 HP on a C5. It is lighter, and much more aerodynamic. It has a top speed of 186 mph... and if you see them side by side you will notice the C6 is significantly smaller, has solid headlights, and is leaner in shape. The C5 goes to 60 in about 5.0 seconds, and does the 1/4 in about 12.8-13.2. The C6 sprints to 60 in 4.2 seconds, and finishes the 1/4 in about 12.2-12.6... They are completely different cars.

    There are not many C6s on the road yet, only 2 in my city including myself. The C6 Z06 will hit the streets in the first month or two of 2006... with a sub 3000 lb curb weight, 512 HP, 12" rear meats, and so many g0dammned go fast goodies it will hit 60 in less than 3.7 seconds, and the 1/4 in 11 and change... stock!


    ...
    I have never liked American cars, and never really been too crazy about the vette... but the C6 actually justifies the price tag this time and is one hell of a car!! I am really taking a liking to it. C6 z06 is just going to be f0cking nuts
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  8. #22
    Registered User 03EBZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Near St. Louis
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    The C6 sprints to 60 in 4.2 seconds, and finishes the 1/4 in about 12.2-12.6...

    Where did you get 12.2 seconds for 1/4 mile ET? So far, best I've seen is 12.5 on corvetteforum. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just wondering where you got that number from and who was able to cut that number.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

  9. #23
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Where did you get 12.2 seconds for 1/4 mile ET? So far, best I've seen is 12.5 on corvetteforum. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just wondering where you got that number from and who was able to cut that number.
    I am sure it was just a one time thing.

    From what I understand most of them are running 12.4-12.7 with anywhere from a good driver to an "ok" driver.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  10. #24
    Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,814
    Where did you get 12.2 seconds for 1/4 mile ET? So far, best I've seen is 12.5 on corvetteforum. I'm not saying it didn't happen, just wondering where you got that number from and who was able to cut that number.
    Motor Trend cover.

    "0-60... 4.2 seconds
    1/4 mile... 12.2 seconds
    Top Speed... 186 MPH!!!"


    Doesnt everyone go with the best number when quoting a cars performance?


    ...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

    *2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

  11. #25
    Registered User 03EBZ06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Near St. Louis
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Motor Trend cover.

    "0-60... 4.2 seconds
    1/4 mile... 12.2 seconds
    Top Speed... 186 MPH!!!"


    Doesnt everyone go with the best number when quoting a cars performance?


    ...
    Do you have a link to that time?

    In this Motor Trend article, they have it as 12.5@115

  12. #26
    Registered User WRXreX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    997
    I've ridden in a C5 convertible, but wasn't too impressived with it. But, C6 seems like a completely different car - trap speed of 115mph!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •