350z vs sti Poll - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 350z vs sti Poll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by V8killer2pt5 Wow I was not even replying to you personally, as far as " sounding like bashing?". ...

Quote Originally Posted by V8killer2pt5
    Wow I was not even replying to you personally, as far as " sounding like bashing?". Did not realize you can hear the tone of my comments from the screen lol. I respect all cars, well most and I am a member of the G35 and Z forums. I also own a G35 along with a RR which was just sold and a Lex SC 400. My comments are always in the spirit of understanding people's views and the cars they drive and will never resort to destructive comments. I just don't get how some people feel that certain exceptions are the norm ie" 350z beating a Sti both stock, this is a example of a bad driver not the cars performance. I posted my experiences with Z's and in another posting did say "would not be surprised if I lost to one eventually " but doubful it will be stock.
    Well enough of that ..lol.. Does anyone have those specs I asked about for the Z? The time vs speed in specific gear. To the poster of the track Z vs Sti time elasped to speed numbers thanks for posting, that info was very informative!
    If you would read the whole post, i never once mentioned you.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Techie
    This thread is waste of time and is going to be another 15 page long 350Z vs Subaru shouting match.

Will I ever lose to a 350Z, maybe if he has FI and that would be fun run in my book. Do I see myself losing to a NA one, anything is possible.

Do I think a 350 / G35 wil beat a stock WRX....yeah I do. They are better out of the box.

Do I think a 350 / G35 is a fair match for a STI....no.

Not for nothing, this is a Subaru forum, not my350z.com. If you don't like what is said here fine, speak your mind if you're upset....but don't expect everyone to agree with you.
    Really come one, on my350z.com forums, trashing WRX/STIs is what they do best along with trashing S2000s and SRT-4s. As for cockiness, those guys take the cake.

That is my opinion and that's all I'm going to say!
    Thanks for proving my point.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by V8killer2pt5
    Wow I was not even replying to you personally, as far as " sounding like bashing?". Did not realize you can hear the tone of my comments from the screen lol. I respect all cars, well most and I am a member of the G35 and Z forums. I also own a G35 along with a RR which was just sold and a Lex SC 400. My comments are always in the spirit of understanding people's views and the cars they drive and will never resort to destructive comments. I just don't get how some people feel that certain exceptions are the norm ie" 350z beating a Sti both stock, this is a example of a bad driver not the cars performance. I posted my experiences with Z's and in another posting did say "would not be surprised if I lost to one eventually " but doubful it will be stock.
    Well enough of that ..lol.. Does anyone have those specs I asked about for the Z? The time vs speed in specific gear. To the poster of the track Z vs Sti time elasped to speed numbers thanks for posting, that info was very informative!
    The only numbers I could find are these:

-----------------------350Z--------STi
    30-50, 2nd gear 2.08 s 1.67 s

However, you might be pleased to know that my suspisions about low end rolls were pretty accurate, in that supposedly the 350Z might be able to pull (briefly) on an STi. I suspected it due to the gear ratios and necessity of the STi to have to shift more often in this range. Take away the launch, and it's possible the 350Z will hold a brief lead to around 60 or so.
    ------------------------------------350Z----STi
    Street Start, 5-60 mph 5.19 s 5.84 s
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Wow where did you dig those numbers up I could not find anything on the Z along those lines. But either way those numbers are very much inline with what I suspected. I wonder why the damm Suby engineers did not think about that 3rd gear to 60 mph more. The time lost to shift, loss of even though momentarily of acceleration ....we could have easily been in the low 4 sec to 60 range.
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

The Z is a classy looking car and has good performance and a quality build. But on a performance comparison stock to stock the STI has it beat, no doubt about it.

Before I got the 05 STI, I test drove the 350Z, EVO, and C5. All great cars, but the STI offered the best of the other three. The low end torque of the C5, the AWD/handling/road feel of the EVO and the comfort/interior of the 350Z. My friend has an EVO and the steering on those cars are razor sharp. The 05 STI is better than the 04 as far as steering, but still not quite like that of the EVO. Just my opinion for what it's worth.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345