350z vs sti Poll - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350z vs sti Poll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Silver04Sti What year M3 or did you mean to say Z on this? If its a newer ...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver04Sti
    What year M3 or did you mean to say Z on this? If its a newer M3 I'd be shocked to see the sti putting that much of a gap on it. Can you clarify?
    agreed... something is not right there.
    either he meant to say Z, or its an E36 M3.. or who ever published that is a complete moron!
    there is no way that in 6th gear from 100-120 that the Sti is completing the feat in nearly half the time as the M3. Its just not going to happen... as a matter of fact, if this truly was with an E46 then none of those numbers would be accurate.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nothing is wrong with those m3 and sti numbers but in most cases the m3 can be in a gear lower due to its gearing and sti cant..check it out

3rd gear
    50-70..well if you race a m3 from 50mph your in 2nd in sti shifting at 55 and m3 is in 2nd shifting past 60 and if they are smg you are just owned cause no way in hell you can shift as fast as a freakn smg..plus those really dont tell the whole story..its a little dash where sti is very torquey and will jump ahead..go another 40-50mph..most likely m3 will pull you in..but most of those numbers arent in the greatest rpm range for m3....m3 reminds me of vtec cars, doesnt come alive till high revs
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Haven't lost to an 350Z yet!

Every 350Z that I've caught at a light, let's just say they probably went back to my350z.com and felt the urge to slap the person that told them they could beat a Wrx/STI becuase they it's a "drivers" race.

Nice cars, I lke them. If they had an RB26TT under the hood, I'd have one in the garage.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie
    Every 350Z that I've caught at a light, let's just say they probably went back to my350z.com and felt the urge to slap the person that told them they could beat a Wrx/STI becuase they it's a "drivers" race.

Nice cars, I lke them. If they had an RB26TT under the hood, I'd have one in the garage.
    Not to pick on just you, but lets say this '94 Integra with a built b16 and turbo came up to you at a light. He then proceeded to whoop on you. What would say then? Would you slap the person on here who said that you can beat an Integra because they are all ricey??

Point being, don't judge a book by its cover. There will always be faster cars out there than yours. I know people with Z's who have beaten STi's and vice versa. i also know of people with Integras and civics who will wipe the floor with both the Z and STi. So does that make civics faster than STi's and Z's?? sometimes.

Bottom line: The Z and STi both are beautiful cars. Stop with the pissing contests and get along already
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Not to pick on just you, but lets say this '94 Integra with a built b16 and turbo came up to you at a light. He then proceeded to whoop on you. What would say then? Would you slap the person on here who said that you can beat an Integra because they are all ricey??

Point being, don't judge a book by its cover. There will always be faster cars out there than yours. I know people with Z's who have beaten STi's and vice versa. i also know of people with Integras and civics who will wipe the floor with both the Z and STi. So does that make civics faster than STi's and Z's?? sometimes.

Bottom line: The Z and STi both are beautiful cars. Stop with the pissing contests and get along already
    exactly... You said it for me.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i've been aroud 350z's a lot cause my friend has one and he modded it....sweet car
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

i 2nd that............as a car enthusiast, ya gotta respect every aspect of the scene. fast is fast.

If some Integra came up to me at a light and took me to school, OK so I lost...big deal. What would I say then, I would say " I lost to a really fast Integra" , end of discussion. Would I slap anyone here, NO becuase you win some you lose some.

I stated in my last thread that I don't have problems with 350s, and I don't own an STI either. I stated that I don't have a problem with "encounters" with them.

As for a "pissing match", last time I checked this was a public forum and EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion.

I Support ClubWRX
    Agreed. This really doesn't seem to be a p1ssing match to me. Just some opinions being stated. Bringin other cars into the equation like an M3 or an integra is not what the thread is about. As the title suggests, it's STi and 350Z. And anyone, and I repeat ad naseum, knows their cars, they know that an STi will outperform a 350Z in every category. In a straight line, it really isn't even a drivers race IMHO. Sure, there are those out there running 14s in an STi, so yeah, on a given day, a given 350Z could take an STi, but that is the driver beating a someone who happens to be driving (eg..not a true "driver"). Ok...it's semantics, but work with me here . With equal skill levels, the pilot of the STi will have a field day with a 350Z. A more even match, and this is not intended as a put down, would be a WRX vs 350Z. Top end/higher speeds go to the 350Z, handling is probably very close to equal (hard to compare AWD vs RWD since exit/entries are different), and the WRX having the low end area owned. Again, just my opinion, but it's based on real world experience.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

First off I am way too old to make this a childish throwdown. My point was to illustrate a more detailed view of what makes each car tick. Those numbers as were sent to me from a fellow enthusiast are for the new M3 vs Sti. I was hoping since I could not find it the same arena of tech notes on the Z. Also everyone knows the Sti has extremely short gears hence the quicker at speed times in given gears. IE: Sti needs 3 gears to hit 60, how much shorter can that get? If someone could throw the Z's performance numbers in this aspect please do so. I have never put down the Z if you look at my original reply but all things equal the Sti will beat the Z quite easily. As someone put it yeah some Sti's are trapping 14's but is this indicative of the car or how it's driven? It takes skill to launch and drive a awd vehicle, lol I was speaking to one of my friend's who also own a Sti. He was telling me he lost to a piece of crap on the highway, and while I can't think of the car I am positive it was under 250hp if that. He could not figure out why he lost till I asked him what did you do exactly. His reply this "@#$$" of a car was coming up quickly on him as he was cruising at 65-70, so when the guy was about even he dropped it into 5th. Then he could not understand how the guy slingshotted past him with him not catching up. All I could do was laugh and say you need a refresher course on the Sti.
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

If some Integra came up to me at a light and took me to school, OK so I lost...big deal. What would I say then, I would say " I lost to a really fast Integra" , end of discussion. Would I slap anyone here, NO becuase you win some you lose some.

I stated in my last thread that I don't have problems with 350s, and I don't own an STI either. I stated that I don't have a problem with "encounters" with them.

As for a "pissing match", last time I checked this was a public forum and EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion.
    Well if you would read the bold print, my comments weren't made directly at you or anybody in particular. I used your post as an example of the type of cockiness that goes around in any car forum you go to. Fine, you beat a few Z's. Are you saying that no Z can ever beat you?? because thats how you sounded in your post. I realize that this is a public forum which is why im saying this right now and i am entitled to my opinion. Believe me, i am not as mad as you might think i am. I really don't care whose faster. Im driving around in a fairly new G35 coupe and im happy with what im driving no matter how fast or slow it is. I can care less what people say about my car.

I am not trying to start anything, as that is not the type of person i am, but since i've owned a decently modded wrx and now own a G35c which is basically a 350z, i just get a little upset when anybody bashes either car.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Wow I was not even replying to you personally, as far as " sounding like bashing?". Did not realize you can hear the tone of my comments from the screen lol. I respect all cars, well most and I am a member of the G35 and Z forums. I also own a G35 along with a RR which was just sold and a Lex SC 400. My comments are always in the spirit of understanding people's views and the cars they drive and will never resort to destructive comments. I just don't get how some people feel that certain exceptions are the norm ie" 350z beating a Sti both stock, this is a example of a bad driver not the cars performance. I posted my experiences with Z's and in another posting did say "would not be surprised if I lost to one eventually " but doubful it will be stock.
    Well enough of that ..lol.. Does anyone have those specs I asked about for the Z? The time vs speed in specific gear. To the poster of the track Z vs Sti time elasped to speed numbers thanks for posting, that info was very informative!

This thread needs to be locked!

This thread is waste of time and is going to be another 15 page long 350Z vs Subaru shouting match.

Will I ever lose to a 350Z, maybe if he has FI and that would be fun run in my book. Do I see myself losing to a NA one, anything is possible.

Do I think a 350 / G35 wil beat a stock WRX....yeah I do. They are better out of the box.

Do I think a 350 / G35 is a fair match for a STI....no.

Not for nothing, this is a Subaru forum, not my350z.com. If you don't like what is said here fine, speak your mind if you're upset....but don't expect everyone to agree with you.
    Really come one, on my350z.com forums, trashing WRX/STIs is what they do best along with trashing S2000s and SRT-4s. As for cockiness, those guys take the cake.

That is my opinion and that's all I'm going to say!

Lol

Your absolutely correct, since I am a member of not just one but a few Z forums they do tend to put down other cars. I did post my experience with the enemy and they were not too happy but I kept my end very polite.

Fast integra? Street legal? cheap? .......fast integra?

This reminds me of a encounter with a friend, he has a civic with a JDM engine I think it's rated at 170hp. he also has a tuned ecu and all the bolt on's you would expect. His redline is like 8500 rpm or hovering around there. Anyway he kept telling me his car could hang and/or possibly beat me due to power to weight ratio. I kept it civil since he's a friend, any who we would hang out with these Vw guys. One of them I beat pretty badly and got invited to their weekly meets as it were. So this particular Saturday night after the Vw meet we had a chance to go from a dig, he reved up while I just waited for the go light. Yellow I raise the rpms barely to 2000 and I can hear him ripping that motor, green and we are off. He gets alot of wheel hop yet since I was off boost he stayed next to me through first albeit I shortshifted @ 4500 rpm. Once I hit 2nd let it wind out to 5400-5600 and never saw him again. He was shocked all the while the Vw guys are behind us witnessing the whole encounter unfold. Yes there are fast hondas but few and far between roaming the streets and they usually lack the suspension setup to make use of that power from a dig.
    Last edited by V8killer2pt5; 01-01-2005 at 11:00 PM. Reason: More info

This thread is waste of time and is going to be another 15 page long 350Z vs Subaru shouting match.

Will I ever lose to a 350Z, maybe if he has FI and that would be fun run in my book. Do I see myself losing to a NA one, anything is possible.

Do I think a 350 / G35 wil beat a stock WRX....yeah I do. They are better out of the box.

Do I think a 350 / G35 is a fair match for a STI....no.

Not for nothing, this is a Subaru forum, not my350z.com. If you don't like what is said here fine, speak your mind if you're upset....but don't expect everyone to agree with you.
    Really come one, on my350z.com forums, trashing WRX/STIs is what they do best along with trashing S2000s and SRT-4s. As for cockiness, those guys take the cake.

That is my opinion and that's all I'm going to say!

im not trying to sound cocky too...but honestly, i do think we have the most class. lets keep it that way

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast