350z vs sti Poll - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350z vs sti Poll within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I took one at the strip by about a second. By the amount of rice he had on his car, ...

I took one at the strip by about a second. By the amount of rice he had on his car, I'm guessing he wasn't stock, but was still N/A.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Leave it alone!

Guys I have had about 6 run in's with Z's, has not pretty for them and most of the races I had 2-3 passengers. From a roll they have more of a chance but in my experience I pull away very easily putting alot of car lengths. One could argue bad Z driver, at least that's what they say? From a dead stop once I raced one with one passenger, I had 2 passengers (me= 240lbs, cousin=185lbs, girl = 120lbs) ...so we both take off from a dig I never launch just feather in about 3500 rpm. He stayed with me half way through 1st then I hit 2nd put about 4 car lengths and continued making distance. He might have given up who knows?
    As far as the Z guys they are convinced the Z is quicker than the Sti, I would leave this alone no need to start a war. Here are 2 forums you can find Kill stories on Suby's!

http://www.my350z.com and http://www.350zmotoring.com

2004 Sti bosal dp with Ecutek 280awhp and 293 lbs @wheels
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

Banned

I got rid of my Z

We just had a ababy boy 1 month ago..

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    That had to be a tough choice to make. May I ask why you traded a track Z car? Personally I have driven many more Z cars than STI's and I realize that the Stock STI has a nice advancement in technology above my wrx. But I would have to say for over all performance and thrill of the drive I would have to rate the Track spec Z car just one step above. Maybe the STI is a bit quicker than the Z but for common everyday drivers out there driving stock Z and stock STI I think it would come down to the driver. Now I have never raced either of those from either car so I could be way off.

just my 2 cents.

yeah you are WAY off!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew303
    yeah you are WAY off!!!!!
    Since I dont own an STI or a 350 I guess I wont know till I buy one. Did just look at the 05 STI last night tho!!

/drool.

Ok I have owned both cars. 350Z I bought to do a twin turbo kit project. It was an 03 Track model. I had lots of fun with it. The only mod I did was an Injen cold air Intake. Loved the N/A sound. I never did do the Twin turbo kit, but I had to sell it I needed a 4 door car again.
    Girls Loved the Z

STi Great car. I sold my Sti because I did not want to swap out the stock turbo to get 350whp. I loved the Sti six speed, I also liked all the low end torque. Didn't like the 7000rpm rev limit.

I ran a 13.4 @100.3mph with the STi. Mods Turbo Xs TB exaust. K&N Filter.
    The Z was a pig out of the hole. From a roll 3rd gear on up, it was almost the same performance as the STi. Although the Sti still has more power stock/stock.

Now my Evo I love. Different power band than USDM STi. My car redlines at 8200rpm. Pulls all the way to redline. Evo is all top end power=tuned of course.

But I still should have kept my 2.5rs, and did an ej207 swap. God I miss that car.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Ok I have owned both cars. 350Z I bought to do a twin turbo kit project. It was an 03 Track model. I had lots of fun with it. The only mod I did was an Injen cold air Intake. Loved the N/A sound. I never did do the Twin turbo kit, but I had to sell it I needed a 4 door car again.
    Girls Loved the Z

STi Great car. I sold my Sti because I did not want to swap out the stock turbo to get 350whp. I loved the Sti six speed, I also liked all the low end torque. Didn't like the 7000rpm rev limit.

I ran a 13.4 @100.3mph with the STi. Mods Turbo Xs TB exaust. K&N Filter.
    The Z was a pig out of the hole. From a roll 3rd gear on up, it was almost the same performance as the STi. Although the Sti still has more power stock/stock.

Now my Evo I love. Different power band than USDM STi. My car redlines at 8200rpm. Pulls all the way to redline. Evo is all top end power=tuned of course.

But I still should have kept my 2.5rs, and did an ej207 swap. God I miss that car.
    DAMN YOU

You have owned a lot of nice cars in a really short period of time!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Thats a shame Twin Turbo Z's are kinda cool.

EVO's are amazing cars though. Just so much performance out of the box and so much potential. I mean just look at the mildly modded EVO that ran the Supercar challenge in Car & Driver! It's more than mid pack compared to cars that cost at least $60k (more than the EVO and its mods) and have tons of money invested for mods. My friend has the yellow one on this months cover of Import Tuner...
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    Thats a shame Twin Turbo Z's are kinda cool.

EVO's are amazing cars though. Just so much performance out of the box and so much potential. I mean just look at the mildly modded EVO that ran the Supercar challenge in Car & Driver! It's more than mid pack compared to cars that cost at least $60k (more than the EVO and its mods) and have tons of money invested for mods. My friend has the yellow one on this months cover of Import Tuner...

Had a local run high 11's in his evo with MBC reflash and exhaust.

this is the evo now.

As for the TTZ, I checked out a local shops Z with the APS TT kit .Nothing but respect for anyone that puts that thing in, it does not look like a fun installation at all. Talking to the shop owner he said if he had to do it again he would have pulled the motor.

Smile

With my Stage 2 WRX (stock turbo), I've had 2 runs on the highway with 350Z's, and 2 with G35 coupes. Each time, I was able to creep ahead slowly from speeds in the 70-120mph range... Minimal, but definite, advantage to me. I believe they were stock, aside from one of the Z's having a different looking exhaust.

The few that I've run from a dead stop have been 3-5 car lengths back by the end of my 2nd gear, and then they hover in about that same position.

I'd expect stock STi's to fare at least as well, if not better.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    TWIN TURBO 350Zs ARE THE SICKEST !!!

Someone told me there is one in CT that has 900+ RWHP!

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

4 words my friend. I Eat Z's Daily
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    4 words my friend. I Eat Z's Daily
    Turbo Z's watch out
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

i'm a stage 2 and in the mid 13's which should be = to or a little slower than the typical times you'd see from a sti....

...my roomate has a 350z, i'd recommend you read this my previous post...

stage 2 vs roomates brand new 350z (metallic yellow)
    '02 silver sooby
    blitz spec r ebc (7 lbs daily, 15.5 spirited, 17 at the track)...turbo xs rfl...vishnu catless uppipe...turbo xs catless downpipe...turbo xs catless catback...k&n drop in filter...step colder plugs...walbro 255...zex wet kit w/purge (55 shot)

Stock for stock, STi vs. 350z is a drivers race. I have seen a few stock STi's run low-mid 14's all day. But both drivers being equal, the STi will win from a dig. From a roll its pretty much whoever hits the gas first. The Z and Sti dyno about the same, so how can anybody be so confident in deciding who's faster from a roll?? Last i checked, the STi had 300 crank hp and the Z had 287hp. Factor in the little power loss from the AWD in the STi at highway speeds and i would say both cars are just about the same.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast