me = owned by 12sec pontiac
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on me = owned by 12sec pontiac within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way out to wal-mart on a late-night errand run, I notice a pair of headlights coming up fast ...

me = owned by 12sec pontiac

On my way out to wal-mart on a late-night errand run, I notice a pair of headlights coming up fast behind me. I can usually tell roughly what Im dealing with by the headlights, but I had no clue until he pulled up beside me. At the first light we catch we're blocked by a few cars so I take an opportunity to see what exactly was tailing me. At this point, Im relieved at the sight of a relatively stock looking late '90s model Pontiac Grand Prix. Thinking that its at best, a run of the mill V6 GT, I figure its worth a try in my close to stock '00 Accord V6 (vtec can nevar lose!!1!1 ).

A few lights later, we're able to catch a good stretch of road and line up at about a 30mph roll. I waited a while for a honk that never came, so I took the liberty of getting a little jump on him. I floored it, reving up to 6k, suprised at the sound of the intake sucking 18 degree air after being in a warm garage most of the day. At about half a car length ahead, following a quick shift into 3rd, is when it happened. The roar of what sounded like a V8 f-body came screaming beside me and was car-lengths ahead within seconds.

After composing myself from getting raped by a pontiac, I got a good look at his tail end. Aftermarket exhaust, dual twin pipe mufflers, that sounded like borla straight pipes were now apparent; as was the license plate that read: '12 SEC GP'. We caught a red light up ahead and I gave him the customary thumbs-up of shame. He knodded in reply, Im sure satisfied with his 16sec-car kill. Now I notice the GTP badges on the front fender behind the wheel. 3.8L V6 with stock Series II Supercharger - 240hp, 280tq... and his was definitely not stock.

I only wish I had my VR4, but I have a few more days to wait. Until next time GTP man...

disclaimer: I know I dont own a scooby, but I thought Id share my story and was wondering if anyone else has encountered such GTPs
    Hey baby, wanna go pick up some groceries?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice death,

Ive suprised a few cars in my debadged 4dr when I was running 13.332. <$800 in mods it dropped from a 14.7 stock to 13.322. I just added an S1X Cam, Drag Radials, Smaller Pulley and SLP Headers. I am hoping for mid 12's.

Greg

www.shoreguyoc.com/1339.wmv
    2000 Black Grand Prix GTP - 4 Dr.

uke
    btw, I linked this thread to clubgp.com, trying to figure out who it may have been

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Quote Originally Posted by uke
    btw, I linked this thread to clubgp.com, trying to figure out who it may have been

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1
    um, thanks... i think. The GTP was black and the guy sounded like a redneck so Id be surprised if he was a forumer.

damn that sucks
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

i thought vtec was the ****..
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

uke
    Hey bjbrad85, we found the guy. Copied from the other thread:

that was me.

He was messing with me so i blew past him.
    justin

i live in fredericksburg

and yes it was a borla exhaust

hey atleast "fast asleep" isnt lying. Im 20, 290 pounds and i dont know what the hell a southern drawl is but POWRTRIPPN(rob) has heard me talk maybe he can chime in. lol

Hey fastasleep, P.M. me and we can meet up somewhere so you can get a ride in it firsthand

justin
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

LOL how embarassing.

I pm'd him so at least I might get a ride in his car out of this whole ordeal.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.