Played with a SVT Cobra in them HILLS!

This is a discussion on Played with a SVT Cobra in them HILLS! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I am coming home from work driving up HWY 17. It is a two lane road and I am ...

I Support ClubWRX

Played with a SVT Cobra in them HILLS!

So I am coming home from work driving up HWY 17. It is a two lane road and I am trying to get by another car in the fast lane. So I change lanes to the left speed up, and as I do a work truck spins up a rock and smacks my winshield. So I yell out loud W T F!!!! I am pretty pissed off, but I am glad Subaru made decent windshields because it hardly even scratched it.

BUT ANYWAYS, I get off the freeway on my way up Old Santa Cruz HWY. I have a black SVT Mustang Cobra with a silver stripe down the middle of the car and a roll bar in the back seat in front of me. So I think......OOOOHHHH GOODDYYY. This is going to be fun. Plus I was pretty pissed off about the rock scratching my winshield. And you guys know how much I hate FORDS!!! So I thought I would take out my anger on the Stang

So the road starts to get windy. There is a small left to a tight left turn. He hits his brakes on both of them while I sail right through. Now I am almost on his a$$. He looks in his side mirror, gives me a dirty a$$ look and then raises his hand in the air outside the car, like W T F!!!!!!!!. So I just shrugged my shoulders. The road now comes up to a pretty tight right turn. He goes into the turn with speed, so do I. He gets MAD understeer, hearing his front tires just HOWL. I do not.

Then the road straightens out for a couple hundred feet, and then turns slightly to the left. As soon as he is out of the apex of the corner he punches it. I do the same but he gains on me. As soon as he hits the left turn his tires start howling again. He starts to 4 wheel drift into the corner and his back end starts to come loose. I think he let off the throttle and then straightened it out, because he made the turn but almost packed his Stang. I came into the turn with a lot of speed too, and I felt A LOT of body roll, but I didn't get out of control. Up at the next corner he slows down A LOT. I think he may have pissed his pants. I could do nothing but smile and giggle as his POS FORD almost lost control on the last corner. He didn't want to push that POS anymore up the hill until I had to turn. Before I turned off, I gave him a double flicker of bright lights just to say, GOOD TRY PAL. I just wish I was in front of him.

So I ask you. What the H ell was the rollbar in the back of his car for? He did not have skinny's in the front and obviously didn't have performance tires. Is this the new TEEN trend. Rollbars on cars that aren't functional?

I think I need to purchase some front and back strut tower braces. That body roll was pretty scary. My car didn't break loose, but the body of the car felt like it was swaying back and forth.

Just wanted to share my encounter.

Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

RICE roll
    hehehe

Sushi? anyone?

the wrx's listed in the recent issues of Sport's compact car made by Bozz have cusco triangulars in the back and probably cusco or sti fronts. im sure for what they are designed to do that it wouldnt hurt to add these. Im sure their cars take turns at much greater speeds.

-c
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX