Rex vs GtS vs RxS TypeS (LoNg ScarY)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rex vs GtS vs RxS TypeS (LoNg ScarY) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was picking up my little brother from highschool today. As i was waiting i see these two guys walk ...

Red face Rex vs GtS vs RxS TypeS (LoNg ScarY)

I was picking up my little brother from highschool today. As i was waiting i see these two guys walk over to a celica gts. It was white, had a full TRD bodykit, exaust and an intake. He had a 247racing sticker on his car. It sounded nice. As he was pulling away he looked at me and reved. i was like okay. Then about five minutes later he comes around the block and behind him is his friend in a rsx type s, silver, dropped, exaust, intake. As they pass me i get revs from the both of them and they jammed it. As my brother got into the car i took off slowly being that its a 25 zone. As we got onto lawrence expressway the gts takes off and i catch up to his rear end pretty quick and have to slow down. We get onto the 280 freeway and he takes off chasing his friend in the type s. I thought to myself well i'll play with you another day. I got into the car pool lane and i spoted the rsx and celica waiting for me in the slow lane. the type s takes off and the celica waits for me so i drop into into third and smoked him by at least two car lengths. My exit was comming up and i signaled and changed lanes into the celicas lane. i couldn't pop it into fourth and was like oh **** oh ****, then i finally got it. the celicas still racing comes right up to my ass. I guess he got pissed cause he thought i cut him off It was kinda scarry and he gave me a dirty look as i was taking my exit. Maybe i'll get to play with the rsx another day. School just started and i think that there will be much freeway fun from now on.
    '02 Black Wrx
    greddy profec b
    apexi auto turbo timer
    18" subzeros
    prodrive springs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds great. Drive smart.

-J

OMG LOL. By chance was it Lynbrook HS or Prospect. I live in that area and i'm sure i've seen those cars around.

--HK
    http://www.soldats.net

hahhha that's my friend
    mr5parkle- 24/7R
    2001 Acura 3.2 CL Silver
    2004 Subaru WRX STi (upcomming spring)

hmm... so u smoked me by 2 cars?... the silver type s and the black passat behind us says differently... not hating on u or ure car but i hate it when ppl post false info on the net.... a stock wrx vs stock gts dead stop.... hands down wrx will win... but when u put a stock wrx vs a stock gts high end freeway run? gts will win... dont get me wrong i like wrx and was about to get one (either a wrx a gts or type s i think i made the right choice for me).... ure cars tight and all but dont make it out to be the beast it isnt cuz ask any truthful person who owns a wrx who has raced a gts on the freeway and hell tell u the gts has the edge on high end.... ill admit wrx will eat me dead stop (not so sure by how much now cuz im not stock) but u bone stock claiming to smoke my modded gts on high end is bull****.... im not flaming or hating on u cuz i got no beef but dont post bs info on the net.... u know where i go to school im there walking to my car every day after school if u wanan run me highway again then lets do it i never turn down a friendly race.... same with the silver type s u wanted to play with.... im confident that end result on a highway run will be me winning dead stop prob u (guessing that u can launch and race well not drive well race well)... again im not hating but i hate it when ppl post false ****n **** on the net thinking oh i gunned it on a gts and cut in front of him and then i was about 2 cars ahead so i won... dont gimme that... cuz i was waiting for u to pull next to me a long time b4 u gunned it... and no im not one of those "the celica can beat all) queers.... i know what i can and cant beat and trust me i am 100% sure i can beat a stock wrx on the freeway from a roll.... u wanan run... u know where i am 5 days a week so just bring that ****... (btw nice car)
    celica gts

Haha, what a long ass story. Keep the peace and race smart.

Not "hatin'" on anyone or anything (hehe), but...am I the only guy who is sick of the whole "OK, so you'll kill me from a real launch in a real drag race, but once we're rolling and taking the whole launch skill thing out of the equation, I'll smoke you" thing? Maybe it's just me, but I've always considered it kind of a cop-out. I do drag (and do just about every other form of racing) at the track, and I think that a launch is an art form. Remove that, and you're removing most of the driver skill from the equation. And then you're not really proving anything, are you?
    I own various Miatas and RX-7's in race trim
    One or two of them actually run now :-)
    Soon to posess a Scooby...

nice story. i graduated from lynbrook, and am now in providence. hahaha-

i miss the bay.

next time you see the type s, and gt-s, tear a new hole in both of them.
    www.realultimatepower.net

Watch what you do on a highway every day after school because you will get nabbed by the man, and you will pay for it dearly. I just got 6 points on my lisence for speeding, and I know that that really acted as a crude wake-up call for me.

-Josh
    Last edited by Trailboss; 09-15-2002 at 09:04 PM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

6 points! holy crap
    celica gts

Originally posted by KJ0813
    Not "hatin'" on anyone or anything (hehe), but...am I the only guy who is sick of the whole "OK, so you'll kill me from a real launch in a real drag race, but once we're rolling and taking the whole launch skill thing out of the equation, I'll smoke you" thing? Maybe it's just me, but I've always considered it kind of a cop-out. I do drag (and do just about every other form of racing) at the track, and I think that a launch is an art form. Remove that, and you're removing most of the driver skill from the equation. And then you're not really proving anything, are you?
    u can be sick of it if ud like... i never said u had to like it.. and its true a gts has a bit better high end than a wrx... not to mention its a modded gts.. dont tell me u wouldnt respond the same way if someone posted a bs kill on u...
    celica gts

Originally posted by Zero0ne GTS
    6 points! holy crap
    That's what 83 in a 55 will do to you!
    Lesson learned
    0wn3d.

-Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

trailboss thats nothing. i dont know how many points im getting... but im gonna get SCREWED when i go to court. i was speeding... well it was midnight on the expressway... was doing... well... not saying numbers but faster then reckless driving, so me and the guy in front of me going the same speed, got pulled over. we didnt get reckless cuz cop was nice, but did get doing 100 in 55, improper lane usage, and not signaling. pretty much he saved my ass by giving me bogus tickets. i wasnt racing or anything, just speeding. trust me.... IT SUCKS! im never gonna speed (that much ) again!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Dude I definitly know what you mean! I was "crawling" at 55 the whole way back in the right lane! Since then I have been super-obedient with traffic laws. Basically, it is just not worth the risk.

Welcome to the club, by the way!

-Josh

man i dont wwant to tell u at all how fast i was going, cuz it was way to fast. and i did something stupid. really stupid. i hadent sped for a LONG time, and out of the blue i did with my friends gtp leading the way to the place we were going, and boom... get into trouble. well... i know i can get my licensed suspended or get supervision or be lucky and just pay fines... but i need a lawyer FOR SURE cuz these are really serious tickets!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast