Rex vs GtS vs RxS TypeS (LoNg ScarY) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

This is a discussion on Rex vs GtS vs RxS TypeS (LoNg ScarY) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dude, spend some money and mod your WRX. Top-end power on stock WRX is not too impressive... MBC@16psi 5 ...

  1. #16
    Registered User WRXreX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    997
    Dude, spend some money and mod your WRX. Top-end power on stock WRX is not too impressive...

    $50 MBC@16psi
    $175 HKS DP
    $200 Uppipe
    Free silencer mod
    Last edited by WRXreX; 09-15-2002 at 11:57 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5

    Re: Rex vs GtS vs RxS TypeS (LoNg ScarY)

    Originally posted by Black&Blue
    I was picking up my little brother from highschool today. As i was waiting i see these two guys walk over to a celica gts. It was white, had a full TRD bodykit, exaust and an intake. He had a 247racing sticker on his car. It sounded nice. As he was pulling away he looked at me and reved. i was like okay. Then about five minutes later he comes around the block and behind him is his friend in a rsx type s, silver, dropped, exaust, intake. As they pass me i get revs from the both of them and they jammed it. As my brother got into the car i took off slowly being that its a 25 zone. As we got onto lawrence expressway the gts takes off and i catch up to his rear end pretty quick and have to slow down. We get onto the 280 freeway and he takes off chasing his friend in the type s. I thought to myself well i'll play with you another day. I got into the car pool lane and i spoted the rsx and celica waiting for me in the slow lane. the type s takes off and the celica waits for me so i drop into into third and smoked him by at least two car lengths. My exit was comming up and i signaled and changed lanes into the celicas lane. i couldn't pop it into fourth and was like oh **** oh ****, then i finally got it. the celicas still racing comes right up to my ass. I guess he got pissed cause he thought i cut him off It was kinda scarry and he gave me a dirty look as i was taking my exit. Maybe i'll get to play with the rsx another day. School just started and i think that there will be much freeway fun from now on.
    Aye dude, I think I've met you before. If i'm right, I think you've been to some of our crew meets. You had a white camaro and you kick it with Emanuel (3.2 CL Type S). My crew member with the Fully Built LS/Vtec, Minh, told me he test drove your car.

  4. #18
    Registered User TristineLim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    615
    I just raced my friend's gts on the way back from playing basketball and beat him. It was from about 65 to 110mph. But my car isn't stock though. Just couple of bolt ons. If my car was stock, i would've lost the race cuz i wasn't pulling on him that hard.
    Last edited by TristineLim; 09-16-2002 at 12:57 AM.

  5. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SAn Jose
    Posts
    11
    Originally posted by TristineLim
    I just raced my friend's gts on the way back from playing basketball and beat him. It was from about 65 to 110mph. But my car isn't stock though. Just couple of bolt ons. If my car was stock, i would've lost the race cuz i wasn't pulling on him that hard.
    what mods do u have? even slight mods like a mbc can make a wrx better on highway races =)
    celica gts

  6. #20
    Registered User TristineLim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    615
    well, I have Apexi AVC-R set at 1.1, an uppipe, and Samco Intercooler hose. Not much eh?

    and yes it did help quite a lot in the top end since the boost doesn't fall off after 5500 rpm.

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SAn Jose
    Posts
    11
    Originally posted by TristineLim
    well, I have Apexi AVC-R set at 1.1, an uppipe, and Samco Intercooler hose. Not much eh?

    and yes it did help quite a lot in the top end since the boost doesn't fall off after 5500 rpm.
    haha correct me if im wrong but i think those mods are enuf for u to get a pretty decent high end well compared to stock and power u into high 13s
    celica gts

  8. #22
    Registered User madmmt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    104
    What are you mods on the GTS? Sounds like a nice car. Stock for stock, is the GTS faster after 65 ???

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    12
    Originally posted by NEwrx
    nice story. i graduated from lynbrook, and am now in providence. hahaha-

    i miss the bay.

    next time you see the type s, and gt-s, tear a new hole in both of them.
    haha I graduated from lynbrook class of 98. how bout you?
    http://www.soldats.net

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    35

    sup

    sorry about the post. i was just really excited. me not knowing what freeway racing is all about. It was only my third time. We'll have fun more often. Sorry about cutting you off, i have a hard time popping it into 4th sometimes. Your car looks tight. Well see you around.
    '02 Black Wrx
    greddy profec b
    apexi auto turbo timer
    18" subzeros
    prodrive springs

  11. #25
    Registered User KJ0813's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    48
    Originally posted by Zero0ne GTS

    u can be sick of it if ud like... i never said u had to like it.. and its true a gts has a bit better high end than a wrx... not to mention its a modded gts.. dont tell me u wouldnt respond the same way if someone posted a bs kill on u...
    Man, I'm not even talking about the BS kill. Maybe it is. Who cares? I believe all I said was that the whole "race from a roll" thing is BS. And it is. Real men launch.

    Check the 1/4 numbers. I've seen WRX's run low 14's in stock trim. I once saw a Celica GTS with intake and an unbolted muffler get an incredible launch and run a 14.64 in the quarter. And that was the 2000 model (before they started dropping the rev limiter on you guys). What that tells me is that you might have a slight advantage in higher gearing (Subie 4th gear sucks as everyone knows), but the WRX so completely owns you for the first 1/8 mile that you have no prayer of making up the distance gap, driving being equal in both cars.

    However, it is completely possible for the WRX driver to totally botch his launch and run in the 15's. I've seen it. Likewise, you could get a great launch and run mid 14's, thereby winning. The reason I call this whole thing BS is that you didn't ask for a chance to do this and prove who the superior driver (as well as car) is. As I said before, a cop-out. Nothing personal. As you said before, I don't have to like it. But if it were me racing you, I wouldn't even humor this kind of cheesy request.
    I own various Miatas and RX-7's in race trim
    One or two of them actually run now :-)
    Soon to posess a Scooby...

  12. #26
    Registered User vizor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    34
    Originally posted by Zero0ne GTS
    6 points! holy crap
    For those of us who haven't lived in states that offer "bonus points" for "creative vehicle management", can you explain what this is?

    About the only points we get in TX are the frequent flier miles for paying your speeding ticket with a credit card...

  13. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SAn Jose
    Posts
    11

    Re: sup

    Originally posted by Black&Blue
    sorry about the post. i was just really excited. me not knowing what freeway racing is all about. It was only my third time. We'll have fun more often. Sorry about cutting you off, i have a hard time popping it into 4th sometimes. Your car looks tight. Well see you around.
    yah see u at some of our crew meets sometime... and thx im still working on car wanna enter it at hin 03 but got a lot of work still
    celica gts

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SAn Jose
    Posts
    11
    Originally posted by KJ0813


    Man, I'm not even talking about the BS kill. Maybe it is. Who cares? I believe all I said was that the whole "race from a roll" thing is BS. And it is. Real men launch.

    Check the 1/4 numbers. I've seen WRX's run low 14's in stock trim. I once saw a Celica GTS with intake and an unbolted muffler get an incredible launch and run a 14.64 in the quarter. And that was the 2000 model (before they started dropping the rev limiter on you guys). What that tells me is that you might have a slight advantage in higher gearing (Subie 4th gear sucks as everyone knows), but the WRX so completely owns you for the first 1/8 mile that you have no prayer of making up the distance gap, driving being equal in both cars.

    However, it is completely possible for the WRX driver to totally botch his launch and run in the 15's. I've seen it. Likewise, you could get a great launch and run mid 14's, thereby winning. The reason I call this whole thing BS is that you didn't ask for a chance to do this and prove who the superior driver (as well as car) is. As I said before, a cop-out. Nothing personal. As you said before, I don't have to like it. But if it were me racing you, I wouldn't even humor this kind of cheesy request.
    never said i could beat a wrx in 1/4 and i do believe freeway takes less skill but race is a race
    celica gts

  15. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    L.I., N.Y.
    Posts
    44
    Wow 6 Pts. Yikes!!! can you say " I smell bacon "
    Subaru 17' inch BBS wheels /w Continental ContiExtremeContact Tires, STi Pedals and Tint so far :-P

  16. #30
    Registered User NEwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    where the wild things are
    Posts
    476
    Originally posted by HKenshin


    haha I graduated from lynbrook class of 98. how bout you?
    small world. am also a '98 lynbrook high alum. what the!? i'm marcus. your name? haha- small small world.

    what mods you running, HKenshin?
    www.realultimatepower.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •