WRX vs. Sentra Spec V, ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Sentra Spec V, ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Chechin The back seat is bigger and more roomy in the v . This strikes me as ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Chechin
    The back seat is bigger and more roomy in the v .
    This strikes me as odd, since Sentras are not large cars. If you look it up at the KBB, the specs for rear head room and leg room are basically the same for a WRX wagon and a Spec V. I'll take your word for it, since I've never owned a Sentra.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no question, WRX

The back seat is bigger and more roomy in the v .
    there was definitely more room for the baby seat in the wrx than there was in my sentra, but besides that, visually at least it did seem like there was a tad more room in the sentra. might have been the thinner front seats or maybe the angle of the rear seatback, who knows.

My v is a driveway decoration when there is the slightest bit of snow on the ground.
    that's the summer tires. i think with snows or even all-seasons +the hlsd, the spec v would be awesome in the snow (one reason i bought it) lol of course the wrx came along for me and i never got the chance to find out!
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    This strikes me as odd, since Sentras are not large cars. If you look it up at the KBB, the specs for rear head room and leg room are basically the same for a WRX wagon and a Spec V. .
    I think it has to do with where the drivers seat is mounted. In my wrx i have to slide the seat all the way back to fit properly. In my Spec V if I slide the seat all the way back I cant reach the pedals. By slideing the seat forward it gives more leg room to my passengers in the back seat.

When I said the Spec was a driveway decoration in the snow.....I should have stated that was with the stock 17" rims/tires. I might pick up some 16" rims and put some snow tires on it. Im sure it will be fine if and when I do it. I just thought the original post was asking about stock to stock comparisons. I got the impression he didnt want to alter the car for at least 3 years.

Dont missunderstand my post, I would certainly take my WRX over the Spec V if I had to choose one. But if money was the issue, the Spec V will not disappoint.

I think it has to do with where the drivers seat is mounted. In my wrx i have to slide the seat all the way back to fit properly. In my Spec V if I slide the seat all the way back I cant reach the pedals. By slideing the seat forward it gives more leg room to my passengers in the back seat.

Dont missunderstand my post, I would certainly take my WRX over the Spec V if I had to choose one. But if money was the issue, the Spec V will not disappoint.
    The back seat of the v is definitely slightly bigger or larger than the wrx... and the STI. The rear door opening also seems smaller or something cause i have a slight problem getting my son in the childseat. With the V.. no problem.

Registered User Electric-Mayhem's Avatar
    I have two recomendations for ya that are beyond your given criteria, well 1.5 really. I would say that looking at a brand new Subaru Legacy might be in order. They may not have the power or handling that the Sentra and WRX have, but they are quite nice cars and I think the interior is better then both. The lowest priced one is 19k invoice, which is fairly easy to haggle down to.

My other idea was to recommend you to think about the Mini Cooper S, but its a two door, and has limited passenger space. Still a very fun car and probably outhandles every car thus mentioned, plus it has great style while keeping great economy. You'd have to go used, both to afford it and to get it within reasonable time (think people still have to order them to get em new, which sucks to wait for, but you do get the exact car you want) and the price is more around where a WRX lands.

With the cars given so far, in my opinion, I would go WRX, Jetta, Legacy, Sentry, but I have never driven nor riden in a Sentry, so I can't really say about that one, except I kinda see it as just another economy rental car from a first impression point of view. If you consider the Jetta, consider the Passat too. They aren't THAT much more but they offer more room and luxury, but a bit less performance. Might think about a GTI too, since we are on a VW kick. Good luck, I'm a bit curious to see what you go with in the end.

JH

Thanks for the great reply's.
    I'm leaning towards the V since it has to be my work car for 3 years, then toy. Although a few track days before the 3 years would be in order. The Cooper is out, only 2 doors. I have driven a cooper s and it was truly a fun car, no doubt.

Again thanks for the great reply's.

I sold my SpecV for a wrx wagon (which belongs to my wife now) and I have a STI. I miss the look of my black Spec (not the new bucktooth ones, they're ugly). The interior, sound system and wheels were awesome. The gas mileage sucked hard and why it insist on premium for the 2.5 is beyond me.

Overall, its a great car for the price.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    (not the new bucktooth ones, they're ugly).
    LOL.
    Bucktooth...I love it...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234