WRX vs. Sentra Spec V, ? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Sentra Spec V, ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Chipsahui2 and if you do plan on specV, i suggest the 02s...man, they are so much better ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipsahui2
    and if you do plan on specV, i suggest the 02s...man, they are so much better looking. the 05s are just awful looking. and they even took out the nicer gauges for some odd reason.
    I thought you said that interiors and other things weren't important in this thread...

He made a point to talk about how this car would be used in his capacity as Outside Sales guy, and said that the car needed to be conservative. This, to me, opened the discussion to other things besides just pure performance.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch
    Not interested in 1/4 mile anymore... Into road racing these days.
    OK, thanks, just looking for some opinions. I've had several nissans and had no problems to speak of. Currently driving an 03 maxima. That goes to my wife this year and I am trying to decide between the spec and wrx. I need a coservative car for work (outside sales). If I went with the wrx I would have to order one without the rear spoiler... My boss would have a cow.

Oh, one last thing, what do you think a wrx would sell for with 100k miles and about 4 years old??

I'm sure it would have better resale than the spec. Sentras resale is terrible.

Thanks all.

Mitch S.
    Ft. Lauderdale
    get teh sti or evo!

ps. a sti is in fact a wrx sti so you could be meaning both
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

[QUOTE=RayfieldsWRX]I thought you said that interiors and other things weren't important in this thread...
    QUOTE]

hey, might as well get something nicer if you are gonna pay for the same thing. i donno what nissan was trying to pull when they decided to go downscale. and the 02s have much sicker wheels.
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

u can get a Mazda3 loaded with ALL the goodies including leather seats for around the price of a wrx. Is it worth the cost for the extra goodies? No, IMO. Or, u could just opt for leather seats. But it'll look nice inside and you'll have a very capable handling fwd car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    But it'll look nice inside and you'll have a very capable handling fwd car.
    Ehh, it's not for me. I'm spoiled now to the feeling of AWD or RWD.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

people have only compared the cars so far...but is the extra $5k worth it?

and if you do plan on specV, i suggest the 02s...man, they are so much better looking. the 05s are just awful looking. and they even took out the nicer gauges for some odd reason.
    I disagree. The 02's have quite a few problems and when buying a used one you run the risk of that problem not being fixed yet. Many of the 02's had to have the engine and trans replaced. but after 02' much of that was fixed up, but I think a prime year would be an 04'. My buddy has one and likes it alot.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

If I got a FWD Nissan I wouldn't be happy with it until I had a Bluebird SR20DEt with the "disco potato".

In the price range, for track usage, I'd go with a used 98ish M3.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

Hey,
    Thanks for all your honest answers.
    To make a long story short...
    My company will pay for a $20k vehicle. At 100k miles (or 4 years) I have to get something new. In my case I do about 100k in about 3 years so the car will be paid off in 3 years. Usually I give my car up to my wife with 100k on it and I get something else and so on and so on. This time around I want to get something that I will keep and at 100k (3 years). I will not give it to my wife but will keep it as a third car, my toy car only. So thats the deal. So I need something conservative for work but it will be a full on toy in 3 years. Roll bar, racing seat etc.

I appreciate all your honest opinions. I think I'm better off saving the 5k (and have it paid off that much sooner) but still undecided. I could think of much worse decisions to have to make!!

THANKS, and HAPPY NEW YEARS

Mitch S.
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL

I Support ClubWRX
    More power to you. Certainly not the route I'd take. If my company was willing to pay $20K towards my vehicle (assuming that they're still paying me a good income aside from that), I would definitely go get an STi. I mean hey, someone else is paying for 2/3's of my car payment. You have better discipline with regard to your toys.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch
    Hey,
    Thanks for all your honest answers.
    To make a long story short...
    My company will pay for a $20k vehicle. At 100k miles (or 4 years) I have to get something new. In my case I do about 100k in about 3 years so the car will be paid off in 3 years. Usually I give my car up to my wife with 100k on it and I get something else and so on and so on. This time around I want to get something that I will keep and at 100k (3 years). I will not give it to my wife but will keep it as a third car, my toy car only. So thats the deal. So I need something conservative for work but it will be a full on toy in 3 years. Roll bar, racing seat etc.

I appreciate all your honest opinions. I think I'm better off saving the 5k (and have it paid off that much sooner) but still undecided. I could think of much worse decisions to have to make!!

THANKS, and HAPPY NEW YEARS

Mitch S.
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL

If your company will pay upto $20k why do you care about saving $5,000 anyways???

well, seeing that you are in FL, and you want a car that will be a fun track car later down the road I say just get the SpecV. I am a wrx fan and all, but the more and more you explain what you want the more it sounds like the SpecV will suit you better. Good trans, powerful and torquey motor, reliable, and handles VERY well. Not to mention its cheaper and you really dont need AWD since your in FL. and the Limited-Slip of the SpecV should do just fine in the rain.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

maybe you can just get the SRT4 hehehe
    04 PSM WRX Wgn
    now feat. GREENIES

I Support ClubWRX
    maybe you can just get the SRT4 hehehe
    Aren't they $21,000?!? He'd have to fork over $1K for a new car! Can't do that!!!

(just kiddin' around)
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I would agree with you but there other details. The car is supposed to be along the lines of a taurus, camry, accord etc. SO, I can squeak by with some smaller cars but no way would an sti fit the dynamics.

I'm way ahead of you on that.

Mitch

I still stand by my vote for an older M3... even something in the 95-97 range. A lot of race-only parts for those and they make excellent road racers after some time.

Plus, in the mean time, you're driving a BMW... can't really beat that with a stick.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by skyphix
    I still stand by my vote for an older M3... even something in the 95-97 range. A lot of race-only parts for those and they make excellent road racers after some time.

Plus, in the mean time, you're driving a BMW... can't really beat that with a stick.
    A potentially expensive to maintain BMW. I seriously considered an E36 M3 when I was shopping around for what would eventually be the WRX. Great cars, but if anything breaks, it will take you to the cleaners.

I'd still like to own a BMW of some sort, eventually. I think once I've done the "turbocharged, hair-on-fire WRX" thing for a couple more years I'll probably be ready for a used 540 or something similar.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.